Pro Wrestling Only

[2017-09-20-BJW] Daisuke Sekimoto & Kohei Sato vs Yuji Okabayashi & Shingo Takagi

Jmare007

Both teams agreed to a rematch in the future and I need that shit yesterday because this was fun as fuck. For the most part, it felt like an exhibition more than a bout for points in a tournament, and the length time hurt it, pacing was a little off and the final few minutes felt like overkill as it normally happens with these kind of matches. So a more condensed version of this should be fucking spectacular. Still, all in all, this had TONS to love. I dare anyone not to have fun watching this. I almost spit my drink laughing when 5 minutes in, Yuji just stiffed the fuck outta Daisuke for no particular reason :lol: Shingo felt like he belonged right away, as expected - though he needs to fucking chill with those headbutts - I loved how Okabayashi wanted to join him in every single thing, it's amazing how he can be goofy/clumsy/menacing at the same cotdamn time. Sato tends to go under the radar but he always brings it and this wasn't the exception. Another sequence I really liked was when Sekimoto and Sato did the body slams spot - a Strong BJ staple - while Daisuke was looking straight at Yuji like "yeah I'm doing this shit against your ass". Korakuen was rocking and had a blast wathing these 4 guys going all out and I can't blame them.

No surprises here…you know what you’re getting with these four. A big ole beefcake spectacle of modern strong style. Tons of bomb throwing and clobbering and sweat flying – the crowd was super into it. I thought Shingo and Yuji make a really fun team, Yuji seems to be having fun with it. As always, Sato was stiff as fuck but I thought Shingo actually threw some pretty great elbows, which I’ve never noticed before, and I really like how he hits the enziguri kick. That deadlift Made in Japan on Sekimoto was also really impressive. Probably my favorite part of the match was when Yuji and Sekimoto just start clubbing each other in the chest. Obviously, because this a 30 minute draw, the length is going to hurt it but aside from a few pacing hiccups, there was little downtime and they did a good job of keeping the crowd invested up until the very end.

For the first 15 mins of this match it was a very well built and we'll paced tag match. It felt like something out of the late 80s real world tag leagues. But after 15 or so mins it turns into a big lads bomb fest. Now this section of the match was also very good but my issue is that I did not feel that they gelled together all that well. You had the oppened portion then there was a four way brawl to the outside and that signelled the change and when they got back in it was bombs all the way. While it does not gel together well this was still a very good match it just needed a smoother transition between phases. Shingo looked so fresh here after being stale in dragon gate since he dropped the dream gate I would not mind him moving to the strong division for a year or so before coming back home to DG. Strong BJ were as good as ever and Sato despite getting lost at times was his usual brutal stiff self his look though is getting worse. However on the whole this is a very enjoyable way to spend 30 mins and is one of my favourite bjw matches of the year along with the Suzuki okabyashi match and the twin towers Vs BJ match. ****

• GSR changed the title to [2017-09-20-BJW] Daisuke Sekimoto & Kohei Sato vs Yuji Okabayashi & Shingo Takagi