Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 10/2 - 10/8

Microstatistics

Not sure if this has been brought up, but how will a potential Shields reunion gel with the planned Roman vs. Brock WM match?

The Shield is getting back together for a match on a November PPV, I doubt it's gonna be a full on REUNION that lasts all the way into April or even to the end of January for the Royal Rumble.

They've largely given up on the last hour of Raw ratings wise, everything important is finished by 10:15 or so. There's been such a drop off in hour three for so long I think it's going to become their version of the first hour of Nitro when that was three hours long.

A Hell in a Cell match that is now Falls Count Anywhere. Basically guaranteeing that most of the action will be out of the cell. So just make it a freaking cage match :unsure:

I think hell in a cell matches have finished elsewhere before. There is a hhh one where he wins by pedigreeing his opponent on a chair on the roof of the cell and pins them up there. Or at least I think there is I may be imagining it.

I think hell in a cell matches have finished elsewhere before. There is a hhh one where he wins by pedigreeing his opponent on a chair on the roof of the cell and pins them up there. Or at least I think there is I may be imagining it.

Judgment Day 2002 vs Jericho

I guess it was them announcing the falls count anywhere stipulation that bothered me. I mean do they even need to go in the actual cell now.

Granted the only time Shane in hell in the cell was interesting at WM against Taker was him jumping off the cage. so I guess it eliminates us from watching Shane's awful MMA.

For a guy who is supposedly in the doghouse, and a division that is supposedly dead.....they sure are giving the cruiserweights a lot of time on Raw the last couple weeks.

Last ditch effort? or is the supposed heat on Enzo just internet hearsay?

Maybe someone smart realized that if Enzo can manage to piss off all the wrestlers he'd be even better at pissing off the fans and that having someone actually get heel heat was more important than "punishing" him.

Heel heat theoretically translates to higher interest in the match, and thus higher attendance and network subs. So I'd say both are equally important. As I've put forth many times, I think the reasonable way to deal with it would be for it to be understood that heels sacrifice their merch sales to make the matches work, so because of this, they should get the lion's share of the payoff for the match itself. Under that model, babyfaces make more on merch, and heels are more tied to how business is doing.

I say that realizing I've had some changes in thought on all of this over the last few months. Maybe it's time we realize that pretty much everyone views wrestling as a performance now and treat it that way, accepting all the positives and negatives that come with it instead of trying to fit a babyface-heel model from the past into present day wrestling when it just doesn't work. WWE already takes the mentality with their top guys to book them as strong more than to make them liked or disliked. So maybe we're the ones who are late to the party.

It'd be comedic if they misread the crowd enough to think creating rumours of Enzo being in the doghouse (and subsequent depush to king of loserville) would rally fan support behind him and that's the whole weird reason behind this.

They've largely given up on the last hour of Raw ratings wise, everything important is finished by 10:15 or so. There's been such a drop off in hour three for so long I think it's going to become their version of the first hour of Nitro when that was three hours long.

Well at least the first hour of Nitro was entertaining and had decent wrestlers that could work!

Is heel heat more important than merch sales?

That's a fair question in most scenarios, but I'm not sure Enzo is necessarily hurting for merch sales compared to everyone else on the NXT roster. Even as a heel, he's probably the only 205 Live guy with an actual tee-shirt, necklace, etc. readily available (just looked it up: his old Certified G shirt is on sale for $16) and because he has catchphrases and (ridiculous as it may be) a grassroots backing who believe he's being "held down" for some reason other than his total lack of in-ring polish, he's also kind of got that "cool heel" vibe that makes wearing an Enzo shirt "cool" in a way that, say, wearing a Good Brothers or Baron Corbin shirt wouldn't be.

I didn't listen to it, but I guess Alicia Fox was on Lillian Garcia's podcast recently and talked a little bit about her bad experience with the merch side of things. Essentially, despite her longevity with the company, she's never had a tee-shirt and, according to her, aside from Total Divas, never really got the opportunities she wanted or felt like she worked hard for. She got a lot of sympathy on reddit for her comments. That, to me, is an example of someone being truly "held down" as Fox, despite being perfectly serviceable in the ring (maybe just my opinion) isn't even used on either brand. Enzo being "held down" is a total myth and the screen time he gets - not only on RAW and 205 but also on PPVs - is proof of it.

Dave said that WWE's attendance problems the last month are becoming a "story". Have to think the Shield Reunion is probably a response to this. Road Dog said on twitter that Sept. is a rough month business wise. Actually Sept-Dec always seems like a down time honestly unless they have a hot Survivor Series angle like last year with Goldberg

Been reading this in a few places, from Pro Wrestling Sheet

WWE reportedly has plans for Sister Abigail to appear at WWE TLC, and they’re…something. Pro Wrestling Sheet reports that according to sources with direct knowledge of the situation, WWE’s current plan is to have Bray Wyatt compete at TLC under the name Sister Abigail, treating it like a separate persona similar to how Finn Balor “becomes” the Demon.

:lol: