Pro Wrestling Only

[2000-09-03-Monterrey] La Parka & Antifaz del Norte & Perro Aguayo & Safari vs Mascara Ano 2000 & Blue Panther & El Dandy & Shocker

soup23

A long interview segment with Parka starts the video. I didn’t get much out of this but Parka does look like a cool mofo. The match itself was good if a little frantic. The portions with Antifaz and Dandy were the best as they did double juice and really went after one another. The finish was another “who really got fouled” moment which was frustrating since it just worked so well in the comedy match. I want to see Antifaz and Dandy have a singles match. ***1/4 (6.4)

• 6 months later...

Shocker! It feels like we haven't seen much of him lately. He was brilliant in this and has officially turned into a guy who you need to watch just to see his performance. This was a slow burner that turned into a pretty good match. There were a lot of spots that I liked. I particularly liked the work that Perro did with Blue Panther, which feels like a match-up we haven't seen before. The screwy finish made me question why I bothered to watch it, but hey, Parka's comedy routine got a laugh out of me and at least Dandy and Antifaz are trying to make their apuesta feud bloody and violent. So we'll forgive the bullshit.

• 1 month later...

I think my favorite thing in this match is the Perro/Mascara stuff. Perro never stops going after him and Mascara gets stuff thrown at him and slips on the beer on the floor. The Dandy/Antifaz feud is kicked up a notch with all the blood. Shocker and Parka work some comedy and Panther is good as always. This is what you want out of Monterrey even with the screwy finish. Good match.

• GSR changed the title to [2000-09-03-Monterrey] La Parka & Antifaz del Norte & Perro Aguayo & Safari vs Mascara Ano 2000 & Blue Panther & El Dandy & Shocker