Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV Oct 9-15

sek69

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If people say wins and loses don't matter it obviously does to Neville. Walking out on the job just because he didn't want to lose to Enzo on Raw.

If you believe that's the whole story. If it is he's really stupid.

I get the impression that it was more of a last straw than it being the only issue.

Having an extended babyface Shield run will also get Roman some significant goodwill. The Shield is arguably the best stable in WWE history (I do not even think it is that arguable to be honest) and looking back Roman was the best worker of the three. Him being portrayed as a cool badass leader of a highly popular stable is nothing but a good idea.

But by that time, brutha, Roman will be on his own. The value is in showing that united the Shield is more unstoppable than ANY force in WWE. It was a great statement.

Well they did all they could with Roman/Lesnar last time at Mania and it seemed obvious Roman was about to lose before Rollins added himself into the match. The Sheild reuniting should have been set at a major PPV maybe some way like Ambrose goes heel distancing away from Roman so when it happens it's totally unexpected kinda the way HHH went heel when Chyna went face at Mania 15. That moment went offguard and was unpredictable so surely WWE could have done something not predictable next year.

But by that time, brutha, Roman will be on his own. The value is in showing that united the Shield is more unstoppable than ANY force in WWE. It was a great statement.

Well they did all they could with Roman/Lesnar last time at Mania and it seemed obvious Roman was about to lose before Rollins added himself into the match. The Sheild reuniting should have been set at a major PPV maybe some way like Ambrose goes heel distancing away from Roman so when it happens it's totally unexpected kinda the way HHH went heel when Chyna went face at Mania 15. That moment went offguard and was unpredictable so surely WWE could have done something not predictable next year.

You're definitely overthinking it.

Having an extended babyface Shield run will also get Roman some significant goodwill. The Shield is arguably the best stable in WWE history (I do not even think it is that arguable to be honest) and looking back Roman was the best worker of the three. Him being portrayed as a cool badass leader of a highly popular stable is nothing but a good idea.

I can see an argument for 97 Hart Foundation for the promos alone. Plus they had way better rivals.

I can see an argument for 97 Hart Foundation for the promos alone. Plus they had way better rivals.

Not to mention the booking of the whole feud was actually compelling and interesting.

The Shield, ironically enough, is completely a "workraty"-style unit. People remember matches with snowflakes and that's it. And it's kinda funny after now years of hearing how much Ambrose and Rollins actively suck, how magically the Shield is awesome again and the greatest thing ever. It also shows how desperate they are with Reigns at this point.

None of them were able to connect individually as much as they did as a unit. The company will probably end up convincing themselves that the Shield getting huge reactions means the people accept Roman, only to be puzzled when another Mania coronation gets met with booing.

The Shield, ironically enough, is completely a "workraty"-style unit. People remember matches with snowflakes and that's it.

Disagree. If you remember The Shield were really over as an act as soon as they arrived in WWE and didn't even have a match until a month later. Their promos (mainly Ambrose) and gimmick as the 'hounds of justice' vigilantes was very well received.

And it's kinda funny after now years of hearing how much Ambrose and Rollins actively suck, how magically the Shield is awesome again and the greatest thing ever.

Nothing wrong with this. The Shield excelled because it's three guys who have next level chemistry teaming with each other that makes the act greater than the sum of its parts.

Not to mention the booking of the whole feud was actually compelling and interesting.

The Shield, ironically enough, is completely a "workraty"-style unit. People remember matches with snowflakes and that's it. And it's kinda funny after now years of hearing how much Ambrose and Rollins actively suck, how magically the Shield is awesome again and the greatest thing ever. It also shows how desperate they are with Reigns at this point.

Because there has never ever been any tag team/stable which was great but whose wrestlers went on to have mediocre careers after they disbanded? I know one of your favourite things on the board apart from shitting on most wrestling is to constantly complain about how irrational everyone else who watches/posts is, but come on. You do not follow the product and have not for some time; do you have any idea how and what they would do every week on TV, ranging from heel beatdowns to cool babyface badassery to fun to great 6-man tags? What their booking arc was? They were a stable that was so over that it was one of the very few times a "This is Awesome" chant was justified; when they faced off with the Wyatts at the beginning of Elimination Chamber and people were just going crazy for them cuz they were over as fuck. None of that had to do with "workraty"-style unit, whatever that is.

The Hart Foundation were a great stable and I agree about their promos being more compelling, but I do not think they touch the week-to-week awesomeness that The Shield was, although to be fair, it was a different era with different expectations and requirements.

None of them were able to connect individually as much as they did as a unit. The company will probably end up convincing themselves that the Shield getting huge reactions means the people accept Roman, only to be puzzled when another Mania coronation gets met with booing.

The Shield is very obviously a case of the whole being way better than the sum of the parts. And yeah, the conclusion will be another Roman conoration that will get shit on.

How long are you and other people gonna keep on with this narrative? Do you think Vince was still expecting the crowd to suddenly going to turn around on John Cena after 3 years of him getting booed and them still sticking with him?

I've said it before and I'll say it again: it's easier to be a great tag wrestler than a great singles wrestler.

As for Roman, what can WWE do if the Shield reunion doesn't get fans behind him? From my perspective, the only arrow left in the quiver is to turn him heel and hope he develops an organic fan following.

Let him keep doing what he's been doing - be the most talked about wrestler in the company with the loudest reactions and the most merchandise sales.

Even DX had better feuds and were a better stable than The Shield.