Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV Oct 9-15

sek69

If people say wins and loses don't matter it obviously does to Neville. Walking out on the job just because he didn't want to lose to Enzo on Raw.

If you believe that's the whole story. If it is he's really stupid.

Neville comes across as having a major sulk because he wasen't going over but why do UK wrestlers go this way? Barrett was another one who got a mildly decent push but because John Cena won their feud and other things he just quit. I mean they get the whole world given to them and it just seems they don't appreciate the opportunity they are given, Paige looks like she's another one who doesn't appreciate where she is.

The are thousands of indy wrestlers who would love a shot at going to WWE but no it seems the wrestlers who they have get greedy over it. I did see the show where Barrett was on stage and he said did anyone want to see him lose to Cena? Well, yeah you're the bad guy and im sure lots of kids loved Cena winning and some of the adults too.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be clear, I'm only lauding WWE for reacting to changing circumstances and going with the tide instead of fighting it, which is what we want from them. I'm not praising them as coming up with some new concept entirely of their own creative devices. It doesn't matter if it is or isn't a proactive idea anyway, nor does it matter how much credit they should get. All that matters is if it works. Is the idea that wrestling is only good and praiseworthy when ideas are spot on from their conception? Really?

I'm also starting to wonder a few things that I haven't really seen anyone go into:

- What would a Reigns heel turn look like? What would he do to turn, and what dimension would we get from him, performance-wise, that we're not already getting? Would he have new opponents? Would he have new ways of winning? How exactly would this work? Think it through.

- What does "giving up" on Reigns look like? Firing him? Making him an opening match guy? A midcarder? A top guy but not *the* top guy? Going with someone else as *the* top guy? If so, who specifically?

I'm the first to criticize WWE for stuff when I think they deserve it. I'm not going to criticize them for adapting when they've made a guy a star but he doesn't get the "right" reactions to build an infrastructure around him of other top guys who can also be cheered or booed, depending on what suits the feud at that moment. That's a good thing.

Go the Rollins route. Everyone expects Ambrose to turn this time around, so let Reigns be the one. The reason being he doesn't want to be cheered when he's part of a group and is universally hated when by himself. That way, he ruins something everyone loves AND blames the fans for it.

I borderline love this idea, except it would lead to an interminable slew of Ambrose and Rollins singles matches against Reigns which nobody wants to see (read: I don't want to see)

You're probably right. But what about Roman getting himself an underling (say, someone from NXT) whom he doesn't have to share the spotlight with (Miz and Sandow like, but without the comedy) that only serves as a hand against Rollins and Ambrose and who gets thrown to the side after that or gets blamed for losing the feud. immediate transition into the next feud, which Roman can win to set his sights onto the title.

I did see the show where Barrett was on stage and he said did anyone want to see him lose to Cena? Well, yeah you're the bad guy and im sure lots of kids loved Cena winning and some of the adults too.

In no scenario should Wade Barrett have ever beaten John Cena.

Even Cena beating Nexus in the SummerSlam tag as a "bad thing" is overrated, because that match marked the return of Daniel Bryan, who was a far bigger deal than Wade Barrett - even then - and became a far bigger star.