Pro Wrestling Only

WWE releases

PeteF3

What did Jinder Mahal do on the indies?

Copied and pasted from Wikipedia for your reading pleasure. :)

Mahal wrestled for Reality of Wrestling (ROW) under the name Raj Singh at their summer iPPV, ROW Summer of Champions 2014, defeating Jasper Davis.[62] On October 24 at All Star Wrestling (ASW) in Vancouver at the live event Fright Night Live, Singh teamed with his cousin Gama Singh Jr. to defeat Kyle Sebastian and Collin Cutler to win the ASW Tag Team Championship.[63] Between 2014 and 2015, he appeared in Puerto Rican promotion the World Wrestling Council (WWC) against local star Ray Gonzalez.[64][65] He also participated in Qatar Pro Wrestling (QPW) Souq Waqif Championship tournament in April 2015, where he ended up as first runner up.[66] On May 5, Singh made his debut for Japanese promotion Inoki Genome Federation (IGF), losing to Wang Bin.[67] In 2016, he also wrestled for The Great Khali's wrestling promotion Continental Wrestling Entertainment (CWE) in India.[68]

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You of all people in the WWE section shouldn't be talking about someone having predictable posts.

Not my fault that WWE booking is predictably horrible. I dare you to predict what good things I'm gonna say about their next step though. Lately, Alexa Bliss has been my favourite part of their shows, so there... Not really "in-line" with "people".

Are you seriously going to sit there and argue that Drew McIntyre and Jinder Mahal being fired, going to the indies and raising their stock, and later returning weren't the best things that ever happened to them?

Drew ? I guess so, yeah, he turned a negative into a positive.

Jinder ? What ? The only thing he raised was the amount of steroid in his body. He just happened to be there at the right time for a WWE business model experiment, which thus far has produced one of the all-time worst championship stint ever.

But it's neither here nor there. If they do well on the indies, good for them. As of now, they have just been fired and lost their income. Painting that as "a chance" is capitalistic corporate horseshit talk, sorry to say. They are not "leaving". They got fired for cost reducing measures...

What did Jinder Mahal do on the indies?

Copied and pasted from Wikipedia for your reading pleasure. :)

Mahal wrestled for Reality of Wrestling (ROW) under the name Raj Singh at their summer iPPV, ROW Summer of Champions 2014, defeating Jasper Davis.[62] On October 24 at All Star Wrestling (ASW) in Vancouver at the live event Fright Night Live, Singh teamed with his cousin Gama Singh Jr. to defeat Kyle Sebastian and Collin Cutler to win the ASW Tag Team Championship.[63] Between 2014 and 2015, he appeared in Puerto Rican promotion the World Wrestling Council (WWC) against local star Ray Gonzalez.[64][65] He also participated in Qatar Pro Wrestling (QPW) Souq Waqif Championship tournament in April 2015, where he ended up as first runner up.[66] On May 5, Singh made his debut for Japanese promotion Inoki Genome Federation (IGF), losing to Wang Bin.[67] In 2016, he also wrestled for The Great Khali's wrestling promotion Continental Wrestling Entertainment (CWE) in India.[68]

That Indy Darling, he. ;)

Drew ? I guess so, yeah, he turned a negative into a positive.

Jinder ? What ? The only thing he raised was the amount of steroid in his body. He just happened to be there at the right time for a WWE business model experiment, which thus far has produced one of the all-time worst championship stint ever.

But it's neither here nor there. If they do well on the indies, good for them. As of now, they have just been fired and lost their income. Painting that as "a chance" is capitalistic corporate horseshit talk, sorry to say. They are not "leaving". They got fired for cost reducing measures...

No idea where you're getting the "capitalistic horseshit" talking point from. It seems you're having your own conversation right now, apart from the one actually in this thread. You're in your own little world. Let me know when you come back to our world and want to debate the talking points that exist in this thread and not the ones only inside your head. In the meantime, please stop putting words in my mouth to fit whatever agenda or rant you're looking for an excuse to have. It's intellectually dishonest.

The point is, as the old saying goes, "absence makes the heart grow fonder." Would Jinder be in this position right now if he had never gotten fired? Probably not. Ditto for Drew. Instead, they'd be going onto their second decade in the E, drowning in the bottom of the card, making no impact, watching their market value lessen year after year after year. There are enough current examples of this that more than prove my point (Curtis Axel, etc.). Instead, they got fired, made less money in the short term, and now stand to make much more money in the long term than they would have if they were still on their first WWE run as bottom-of-the-barrel jobbers.

Does that mean I'm trying to spin getting fired as a positive career move? Again, no. But the term "blessing in disguise" exists for a reason, and sometimes it really does help a person's career to go somewhere else and raise their stock (Drew, Cody, etc.). Hell, wrestling in the old days was built on that concept - no one ever stuck around one territory for too long because they'd eventually become stagnant. Imagine how much fresher stale loaves of bread like Randy Orton would be if he had other places to go, new wrestlers to work with, new styles to pick up on, etc.

Not sure why that's such a difficult concept for you to grasp.

What's difficult for you to grab is that people getting fired and losing their income being commented as "Oh, it's a chance for them" is managerial bullshit. That's all I was saying. I'm talking socio-economics, you're talking "rassslin' booking" (which, no, is not a "difficult concept for me to grasp", but it's actually very much mundane and too obvious to even be discussed. Yeah, maybe they'll do well on the indies. And maybe not. And maybe they'll come back later with a better shot. And maybe not. Who cares, that's not my point. You can argue my point is all about semantics. Maybe it is. Still, if I get fired for no reason, lose my income and someone tells me "hey, it's a chance to find yourself", I'd probably slap him in the face. Well, probably not, but you get the idea...)

But just for the sake of it, one thing :

The point is, as the old saying goes, "absence makes the heart grow fonder." Would Jinder be in this position right now if he had never gotten fired? Probably not.

Do you honestly think anyone wanted to see Jinder come back, much less pushed as the main event ? Come on. :) Bad exemple.

Cody's a much better one, although he wasn't fired, he wanted to leave.

What's difficult for you to grab is that people getting fired and losing their income being commented as "Oh, it's a chance for them" is managerial bullshit. That's all I was saying. I'm talking socio-economics, you're talking "rassslin' booking" (which, no, is not a "difficult concept for me to grasp", but it's actually very much mundane and too obvious to even be discussed. Yeah, maybe they'll do well on the indies. And maybe not. And maybe they'll come back later with a better shot. And maybe not. Who cares, that's not my point. You can argue my point is all about semantics. Maybe it is. Still, if I get fired for no reason, lose my income and someone tells me "hey, it's a chance to find yourself", I'd probably slap him in the face. Well, probably not, but you get the idea...)

Okay, but you do realize we're on a rasslin' board, right? :) This is Pro Wrestling Only, not Financial Times Only.

But just for the sake of it, one thing :

The point is, as the old saying goes, "absence makes the heart grow fonder." Would Jinder be in this position right now if he had never gotten fired? Probably not.

Do you honestly think anyone wanted to see Jinder come back, much less pushed as the main event ? Come on. :) Bad exemple.

Cody's a much better one, although he wasn't fired, he wanted to leave.

Fair enough on Jinder, but even you have to agree that it doesn't happen at all if he never gets fired the first time.

Regardless, you're correct that Jinder not the best example to use - Drew is a much better example of what I'm talking about.

While Drew's prospects on the main roster remain to be seen, I'm going to assume he will have a much higher ceiling this time.

Fair enough on Jinder, but even you have to agree that it doesn't happen at all if he never gets fired the first time.

Regardless, you're correct that Jinder not the best example to use - Drew is a much better example of what I'm talking about.

While Drew's prospects on the main roster remain to be seen, I'm going to assume he will have a much higher ceiling this time.

Yes, he (Drew) sure made the best of his situation making a name and developping himself in the indies. But it's way harder now to make a living than it was during the territory days though.

Jinder I really think beneficiated from a last minute decision to go after the Indian market. When he was first brought back, it was one of those TL Hopper/Sal Sincere deal.

Okay, but you do realize we're on a rasslin' board, right? :) This is Pro Wrestling Only, not Financial Times Only.

Certe. I can see we were not talking from the same perspective and you were strictly talking about the pro-wrestling aspect of it, so, I apologize for being a bit too froggy (then again, I'm French…). I guess I'm wee bit sensitive about those work issues these days.

Yes, he (Drew) sure made the best of his situation making a name and developping himself in the indies. But it's way harder now to make a living than it was during the territory days though.

Jinder I really think beneficiated from a last minute decision to go after the Indian market. When he was first brought back, it was one of those TL Hopper/Sal Sincere deal.

I remember Sal Sincere getting decent build-up at first, but like many other things, Vince seemingly soured on him quickly. But that wasn't your point, I know. :P

With Jinder, I think it was the Indian market + his newfound dedication to "taking his vitamins, saying his prayers, and believing in himself." ;) But I'm not sure those were the only reasons...

As much of a mixed bag as Jinder has been, even he admits his release was a "blessing in disguise" because it forced him to change his attitude. This is an interesting interview with him on the topic:

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/898103-jinder-mahal-comments-on-facing-brock-lesnar-at-survivor-series-aj-styles-being-a-distraction-who-hed-like-to-face-at-wrestlemania

He goes into how his approach and attitude changed, and I don't just mean his physique (lol) - he talks about the way he approaches Vince now vs. before, etc.

So, right place, right time, right attitude, and especially right body. :D

Certe. I can see we were not talking from the same perspective and you were strictly talking about the pro-wrestling aspect of it, so, I apologize for being a bit too froggy (then again, I'm French…). I guess I'm wee bit sensitive about those work issues these days.

No worries. You are a good poster here and I always enjoy a spirited debate. I hope everything is going okay with you, work-wise.

I remember Sal Sincere getting decent build-up at first, but like many other things, Vince seemingly soured on him quickly. But that wasn't your point, I know. :P

I was a Sal Sincere fan. I wanted the guy to be pushed at IC title level ! Maybe it was all the Nino Rota-like theme. But in fact no, I liked when they pushed the guy under his real name against Marc Mero too.

No worries. You are a good poster here and I always enjoy a spirited debate. I hope everything is going okay with you, work-wise.

Thanks. Yeah, it's ok. I'm just getting into those moods...