Pro Wrestling Only

PWO 1988 - 1992 Draft Discussion

LowBlowPodcast

• Replies 531
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly, if I had to put you in, I would have to rearrange every round... best I could do is make you the last pick in every round unless everyone wants me to re-do the draft order for each round?

I could maybe throw you in the later rounds but again it is re-doing every rounds order that we've already put up.

Oh well I don't want you to go to any extra trouble. I'll enjoy from the sidelines. Solar and Super Astro better end up on the Moon! :)

Honestly, if I had to put you in, I would have to rearrange every round... best I could do is make you the last pick in every round unless everyone wants me to re-do the draft order for each round?

I could maybe throw you in the later rounds but again it is re-doing every rounds order that we've already put up.

Oh well I don't want you to go to any extra trouble. I'll enjoy from the sidelines. Solar and Super Astro better end up on the Moon! :)

There will be another as long as we can keep this rolling and if someone drops out or doesn't make the cut here with their picks, you'll be the first alternate to come in if you'd like.

If things go bad, I may need a Lucha Consultant in the late rounds.

Aw man, somebody more focused on Mexico (with a show actually from Mexico) would have been great. One possible way of integrating Elliot is sticking him last in round 1, first in round 2, then for the remaining odd number rounds generate a random number between 1 and 14. You'd place him in that spot for that round, then place him in the equivalent spot for the event round snake order.

I will put him in last and then behind me in each round... Easiest way I can do it.

Awesome!

So... Moon Quake, best first round pick?

I think Motegi takes that particular cake... But I am pleased to see Big John go so high in the draft, and I love his new nickname

I will put him in last and then behind me in each round... Easiest way I can do it.

Awesome!

So... Moon Quake, best first round pick?

I think Motegi takes that particular cake... But I am pleased to see Big John go so high in the draft, and I love his new nickname

Perfect guy to lose in your first round of your tournament.

I'm inordinately fond of Luger's 1989 so I was happy to grab him quick. Knew him and the rest of the NWA 1989 guys wouldn't stick around for long.

Can be babyface or heel, but his mid-year Steamboat feud is easily my highlight of the year for NWA.

So far I'm happy at the variety of choices, especially with the recent 1992 guys. This is going to be great. And we haven't really touched Japan or Mexico much yet.

I think that this draft brings up a fun point for those of us who are primarily WCW/WWF North American fans in this time period as to which promotion was better. I did a project on another board in which we voted on each year and which was better along with running down angles, matches, and workers. I think it would be a fun project to do down the line if the admin were interested as a way to have some debate for those of us who maybe didn't go out of the US to watch wrestling.

I didn't even start watching until 1994 and then experienced this era through WWF Coliseum Videos and PPVs. Read about WCW and territories in the PWI Almanac and older issues I'd order from the back of current magazines.

Didn't see any old WCW until Napster/Limewire and tape trading.