Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV November 5 - November 11

PeteF3

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WWE really doesn't want any Mania main events. This is the 3rd (4th) big Mania match done in this quarter (if it in fact goes down). Amazing.

Doing a couple of rematchs and blow-offs at Wrestlemania is not necessarily a bad thing.

That is true, but one of my biggest complaints concerning Mania is that it doesn't feel special. Mania this year could have easily had 3-4 matches that have never occurred in a WWE ring. It would have been interesting and some justification (if there is any at all) for a 7 hour show. :)

I think it's become evident that if Brock likes you and thinks you have something (whatever that might be to him) he'll sell for you and make you look good, even if he beats you in the end. If you look at the way he let Goldberg and even Samoa Joe get the upper hand on him at times when they worked together, it's seems pretty clear.

Conversely, if he doesn't like you or thinks you're beneath him, he pulls a Bruiser Brody and doesn't give you shit. There are matches to support this theory, but the biggest proof of this theory is that Dean Ambrose whined about it on Steve Austin's podcast, when he complained Brock was lazy and didn't want to do anything interesting in their match. (Aside from beat him, apparently.)

I didn't see Jinder Mahal being the kind of guy Brock Lesnar would be particularly anxious to make look good, if for no other reason than the fact that up until recently, Mahal was viewed as a scrub. I figured that Brock might think if he gave Mahal too much, it might make him look bad. As a result, I was perversely looking forward to seeing Lesnar no-sell and basically beat the crap out of Jinder Mahal.

The problem is, this would have totally reinforced the Raw>Smackdown narrative. You probably shouldn't have one brand looking clearly superior to the other by having one champion destroy his "equal" from the other brand.

With AJ Styles holding the title now, there is a much greater chance we get a competitive and compelling match. At least a million times more likely than it was with Mahal involved.

Any chance they took the belt off Jinder temporarily because Brock didn't want to give him a competitive match, or am I overthinking this?

Crazier things have happened in pro wrestling. Consider this...

Because of the India tour, deals, and etc. WWE probably wanted Jinder to go over in SOME fashion (DQ, count out, etc.) and Lesnar put the big kibosh on that. This of course forced WWE to give Lesnar someone (Styles) he wouldn't mind putting over so Smackdown gets the 'A Brand' recognition for a bit, Styles gets a Lesnar win, and Jinder benefits from ALL of it by being a two time champion, getting a win over Styles, not having to job to Lesnar, and being in a historic (granted on the wrong side) WWE moment that will be mentioned for years and part of any AJ Styles DVDs that come out in the future which thus then givens Mahal a royalty check.

I'm glad AJ won the strap because Jinder as champ kinda sucks, but honestly Brock vs. Jinder was more interesting to me just to see what they did with it. AJ v. Brock will absolutely be the better match, but just like with the Kurt return it feels rushed and on the fly and would be better with a proper build up.

I would be extremely surprised to see AJ beat Brock. I expect he's there to put up a strong fight and do a clean job. And then they work that into storylines based on his history with Shane. And Jinder wins the belt back in India.

https://twitter.com/shanemcmahon/status/928276028165971968

So we have the fifth member of smackdowns team and it's a big one.

Coming back so quickly could not have been the initial plan when he left after loosing to Roman. The way he acted after the match made it feel like a long term thing until mania at the earliest until he came back. But he is announced two weeks out from survivor series on twitter of all things not on last night's smackdown.

Styles/Lesnar should hopefully be great if Brock decides to do any kind of cardio or has any motivation whatsoever on the night. I'm more interested in what we're going to get out of the Survivor Series tags; these things have often descended into even steven booking but when they don't (2014 with Sting), they tend to be really great matches. I have a feeling they're going to keep things even with the guys but might stretch out with the women. I'd have Asuka steam roll through most of the field then keep it competitive with Charlotte/Becky before they succumb. Lots of camera shots showing the other Raw ladies terrified would be another plus.

Coming back so quickly could not have been the initial plan when he left after loosing to Roman. The way he acted after the match made it feel like a long term thing until mania at the earliest until he came back. But he is announced two weeks out from survivor series on twitter of all things not on last night's smackdown.

I thought he was still going to be busy with filming for a while so this is a surprise. Maybe itll just be a one-off appearance to give the weak looking Smackdown team a bit of credibility. If they need to write him off again, I can see them shooting an angle with Braun to set up Mania

I thought he was still going to be busy with filming for a while so this is a surprise. Maybe itll just be a one-off appearance to give the weak looking Smackdown team a bit of credibility. If they need to write him off again, I can see them shooting an angle with Braun to set up Mania

i fully expect this to be one-and-done. before returning a few weeks out from mania

What the hell happened in the last week? Why all this shaking up? Business has seemed fine, I don't know what's gotten into Vince, but it's interesting.

What the hell happened in the last week? Why all this shaking up? Business has seemed fine, I don't know what's gotten into Vince, but it's interesting.

Ratings kinda suck. Live attendance kinda suck.

But yeah, all this shaking up makes SS much more intringuing on paper (much like last PPV).