Pro Wrestling Only

[2017-10-28-wXw-Fight Forever Tour 2017: London] David Starr vs WALTER

ShittyLittleBoots

Really great David vs. Goliath bout. WALTER on the offense is amazing - he displayed those beautiful German Suplexes, Butterfly Suplexes, that deadly chokehold of his & of course those vicious, sick chops. David Starr has been pretty hit or miss ever since I started getting more familiar with his work - here he was an absolute hit. Loved the energy he brought & him working over the hand of WALTER to try & take away those chops was brilliant. WALTER sold that really well too. Great psychology & performances by both. ****

• 2 weeks later...

Top 5 match of 2017 for me so far. Good storytelling, careful selling, high impact offense, well executed, and clever tie ins to their previous matches from this year. Walter vs Riddle gets all the love, but I prefer Starr as an opponent for Walter to honest. It is probably my favorite rivalry from the year. On first watch I preferred their 16 Carat Gold match (which I am higher on than most I think), but I rewatched them together later and this one stood out a bit more. ****3/4

• 2 weeks later...

This was a good hierarchy match, and Walter always holds up his end. But I don't get the MOTYC buzz. Starr brings a lot of energy, but some of his offense just doesn't click for me, and I don't find him captivating as an underdog. If I did stars, it'd be in the ***1/2 range.

I also wouldn't tout it as a MOTYC, but thought it was a terrific match nonetheless. I'm a huge fan of Walter's loud, simple and effective offense. He has some of the best strikes in the business while never venturing into anything that takes you out of the style being worked. That along with the great focus on the hand as a means to overcome the size difference as very smart and unique. Big fan of this.

****1/4

• GSR changed the title to [2017-10-28-wXw-Fight Forever Tour 2017: London] David Starr vs WALTER