Pro Wrestling Only

WWE Survivor Series 2017

FMKK

Finally finished the show. Man, the main did nothing for me, but the rest of the show was really good.

Styles v Brock is the best WWE match of the year. Before this match I thought Walter was a lock for my wrestler of the year, but this was such a shining performance for Styles. It isn't even that Brock didn't have his working boots on; it is just that Styles was so exceptional to make sure everything hung together.

What are the WALTER matches I need to be seeking out?

vs. Dragunov (3/12/17)

vs. Riddle (3/12/17)

vs. Riddle (Progress 3/26/17)

vs. Riddle (7/9/17)

vs. Riddle (8/12/17)

w/ Thatcher vs. Briscoes (WXW 10/6/17)

w/ Thatcher vs. Simmons & Starr (WXW 10/8/17)

vs. David Starr (WXW 10/28/17)

There are many others if you want some deeper cuts, especially on the tag side, but those are some of my favorites from this year.

Thanks!!! Gonna check these out. I have seen some of him but not as much as I should.

Sorry, I was super busy the last few days and missed this, but that is almost the exact list I would give you.

I would also add...

Walter vs Starr (wXw 3/10/2017). That was his first round match of 13 Carat this year and I personally liked it as much as the final (v Dragunov), though I am very much in the minority in that regard.

Walter vs Riddle vs Thatcher (Progress 9/10/2017). It isn't as stand out as some of his singles matches with Riddle, but its really a pretty good triple threat.

Ring Kampf vs British Strong Style (6-man, Progress 4/23/2017) - Absolute blast of a 6 man tag. Maybe a little too cute in places, but lots of good wrestling and Walter really serves as a strong foundation here.

To give you some perspective, I have 11 Walter matches at 4+ this year, at least three of those are in my top 10 of the year, and his match vs Starr at wXw Fight Forever (10/28/2017) is one of five matches I am considering for match of the year right now. This is without me seeing a single match from him in PWG (which I know people have mixed feelings about in general).

To return to my original point, comparing someone like Styles and Walter is somewhat like apples and oranges right now. Walter gets the time and space to have snowflake magnet matches every week, so I think if I were just thinking in terms of the vaunted snowflake, Walter would be tough to beat. Obviously, that isn't the only way to think about wrestling and Styles is a guy who produces such insane consistency, especially considering how he has been positioned this year (not necessarily poorly, but he has always been put in the best spots). He has his share of good to great matches, but this one with Brock was great to me. It is also on that short list for match of the year and it just shows that Styles can produce one of those at the drop of a hat. So - for me - it pulls those two very close and makes me at least think about Styles as the best wrestler of the year.

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic