Pro Wrestling Only

WWE Survivor Series 2017

FMKK

I'm beyond pumped for this show, which does not bode well because we know what happens with massive expectations. That being said, major bonus points if they finish anywhere close to 11. I just don't see how Shield/New Day, Usos/Cesaro & Sheamus, and Brock/AJ don't range from very good to great. Women's matches may be hit or miss, and the men's SS match could range from horrible (due to length and booking) to great.

I'm setting the over/under line for intros during the main Survivor Series tag at 16 minutes and starting the clock when the first entrant's music begins to play.

STOKED. Don't let me down.

This is my state of mind, as well. I was super jazzed seeing this on paper. The only Raw/Smackdown I watched were the go-home episodes and that worked great for my expectations.

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm doing a live blog over at Segunda Caida. Last year's SS was one of the toughest shows to get through of the entire year, though I ended up actually liking the 40 minute + main event a lot more than most folks. This card looks a lot more interesting.

http://segundacaida.blogspot.com/2017/11/wwe-survivor-series-2017-live-blog.html

Raw Women vs. Smackdown Women

Amazing how hot the crowd was for the initial Nia/Tamina matchup as well as how quickly it cooled off once they started working together. The quick Becky elimination flattened things, but late in the match it now looks like the idea was to get her out of there without having to strongly put over Asuka. That Alicia/Naomi elimination sequence was awkward as hell. Sasha contributed a great slap to Natalya and a sick bump in the corner before tapping out. Not sure I agree with all the decisions along the way, but building to Asuka overcoming a former champion and the biggest girl on Smackdown's team was at least a strong way to put her over.

**1/2

Can they telegraph Raw's win any more obviously?

Would you prefer for them to have jobbed Asuka? Sometimes the right thing and the obvious thing are the same.

I would have preferred a final that wasn't Asuka vs. Tamina, who has never been a credible threat.

I also would've preferred Asuka getting attacked and taken out before the match, to make this less predictable and more interesting.

But yes, Asuka winning is obviously the right finish if they had to keep her boring ass in the match. They're dedicated to this failed Asuka experiment and will continue shoving her down our throats.