Pro Wrestling Only

WWE - November 20 - November 26

EricR

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Miz vs Reigns was a really fun match as well. Excited to see who Roman works with the Intercontinental Title. I feel like Joe is a potential feud but they'll probably save him for post-Mania given his strong record over Reigns on TV this year. I want to see Reigns vs Elias

On today's WOR, Meltzer talked about how the planned main event for the Rumble was Brock Vs. Finn, but Vince has scrapped it thinking Balor wasn't over enough. For a match two months away.

Pure speculation, but I could see that being a situation where Brock didn't want to work with him.

The way he worded it made it sound like Vince never really saw Finn as a main event guy, booked him to get killed by Kane like a chump to dull his heat, then used his lesser crowd reaction as justification to not have him in the main event.

To be fair, Finn vs. Brock is a match I have no desire to see.

Finn hasn't impressed me one bit in NXT or WWE, and Lazy Brock is Lazy Brock.

It just came to me that I bet Finn wins the Rumble and uses that to jump to Smackdown and face AJ for the WWE Title at WrestleMania. Nakamura has been a flop on the main roster, but the last AJ-Finn match was relatively well-received.

It just came to me that I bet Finn wins the Rumble and uses that to jump to Smackdown and face AJ for the WWE Title at WrestleMania. Nakamura has been a flop on the main roster, but the last AJ-Finn match was relatively well-received.

I get that you're not impressed with Finn and that there's nothing I could say to make you change your mind, but... Finn vs. AJ was excellent. I know you'll credit it to it being AJ and negate Finn's performance, but that was fantastic.

IIRC his match with Reigns on that RAW where he earned a spot in the Universal title match was pretty good too.

He was also super over in NXT and is super over on RAW.

How has Nakamura been a flop on the main roster? They built his debut as one of the selling points for that one PPV in which he debuted on, gave him various title matches and has been featured as one of the top guys on SDL beating some fo the big names on the show. The fact that he hasn't won the title yet doesn't mean he's been a flop.

While I absolutely despise Ruby Riot and don't care much for Liv Morgan.....I am very happy to see Sarah Logan getting a shot on television. After killing herself on the indy circuit as Crazy Mary Dobson, and having what I thought was the best match of the Mae Young Classic in the first round against Mia Yim, I think she deserves it, and I hope she does well.

I get that you're not impressed with Finn and that there's nothing I could say to make you change your mind, but... Finn vs. AJ was excellent. I know you'll credit it to it being AJ and negate Finn's performance, but that was fantastic.

IIRC his match with Reigns on that RAW where he earned a spot in the Universal title match was pretty good too.

He was also super over in NXT and is super over on RAW.

How has Nakamura been a flop on the main roster? They built his debut as one of the selling points for that one PPV in which he debuted on, gave him various title matches and has been featured as one of the top guys on SDL beating some fo the big names on the show. The fact that he hasn't won the title yet doesn't mean he's been a flop.

He's been a flop in terms of performances. I liked him in New Japan but if you were to believe his greatest advocates he was going to be at worst the 2nd best worker in the company behind AJ. That hasn't really materialised and he's been accused of coasting a good few times. His high points have been good but not great TV matches with Cena and Orton as well as maybe the second Jinder match depending on personal preference.

Anyone who has really followed Nakamura's career knows he's wildly inconsistent and tends to save his best performances for big matches. Now, I wasn't expecting the level of coasting he's done in NXT/WWE so far, but I can't say I'm shocked either. Shit, even though he was clearly motivated for the Cena match, I hadn't seen him as locked in as he was in Survivor Series since his debut vs Sami.

There's no way Ruby Riot is ready for the main roster. She was bad in developmental even. What the fuck, WWE?

I had a feeling when Ruby started growing her hair out she was going to get a call up soon. Not wanting the women on the roster to have short hair is like Vince Quirk #687686876.

At least this hopefully solves a couple of issues, NXT had a glut of women not getting enough work on TV, and the main roster had a laughably small women's division since the brand split. I don't think any of the six brought up are ready for prime time to be honest (Paige is sure to have tons of ring rust), but at least it freshens things up.

RIP Hideo Itami (they just did a Coming Soon video for him on 205 Live).

Based on his WWE career since his arrival in NXT, I think this is pretty much the best we could expect for him and from him. And 205 Live is in desperate need of some new faces.

In other news, The Bludgeon Brothers made their debut. The name is goofy, their costumes are goofy, but they may have some legs as a big, ass kicking tag team. It's nice to see Luke Harper on TV in any capacity at this point, and Rowan won't be exposed as badly in a tag team, I think. If creative doesn't give up on them after two weeks (like SD tends to) then they might have a chance as a decent team.

Or...they might end up like the Colons, who I had totally forgotten were even in WWE at all, until I saw them tonight as lumberjacks for the main event.

I really dug Uso/Benjamin. TV matches this year haven't really been up to prior year levels, but sometimes a little 7 minute match can come out of nowhere and really surprise.

The Bludgeon Brothers have an even worse look than Ascension. What a terrible look on those two.