Pro Wrestling Only

[2017-05-29-WWE-Raw] Roman Reigns vs Seth Rollins

FMKK

Roman Reigns vs Seth Rollins (WWE Raw, 29th May 2017)

Strong PPV quality main event here between two guys who know each other well. I liked the flashes of Reigns acting like a bully heel here, pushing Seth's head into the corner and talking shit to him. His selling was on point as always, highlighting his superiority to Rollins as a worker - Seth wasn't bad here but there were points where he would kinda make gestures towards selling but then run through all his high spots anyway. Reigns' drive-by into the post looked vicious, as did him throwing Seth into the barricade. The superman punch counter to Rollins coming from the top was picture perfect. One thing I will say for Seth is that his flying moves - standing moonsault, frog splash, missed Phoenix Splash - all looked really graceful. There were a few bits that people may not like where big shots weren't sold so that they could go back-and-forth but Roman is able to make those look like desperation/instinctive strikes rather than just go-go-go workrate exchanges, the buckle bomb into superman punch combo being the prime example. Good clash of the babyfaces match and I'd like to see them hook up some time with Roman as the heel.

Going back through some of these Reigns matches to prepare for arguing that he's been the WWE worker of the year over AJ and Braun. This match is a good example of the quality TV performances he was putting on around the first half of the year that stand him in good stead. Probably Rollins' best singles match of 2017.

• GSR changed the title to [2017-05-29-WWE-Raw] Roman Reigns vs Seth Rollins