Pro Wrestling Only

WWE 27 November - 3 December 2017

FMKK

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that The Shield reunion also helped Roman with the fans recently. You don't nearly see the kind of reaction he had ever since he's back with Seth & Dean. I'm curious to know how long they're gonna stretch the Shield reunion in hopes to keep Roman's crowd reaction the way it is right now.

I think that The Shield reunion also helped Roman with the fans recently. You don't nearly see the kind of reaction he had ever since he's back with Seth & Dean. I'm curious to know how long they're gonna stretch the Shield reunion in hopes to keep Roman's crowd reaction the way it is right now.

I think they should jest keep them loosely affiliated where they have six mans in Raw now and again and the occasional group feud but let them get on with their own singles stuff too

I actually think they might build to title vs title at Mania instead and put a Smackdown guy over at the Rumble. The way they've been hyping the prestige of the IC title and pimping Roman as a grand slam winner, fighting champion etc. makes me feel like they're laying the groundwork for him calling out Brock for not defending his title and saying he's the true top champion and so on.

I really like this thinking. Roman is the fighting champion, Brock is the spoiled and overpaid champion who can't be bothered to show up. If anything is going to work, that stands a really good chance. Maybe they try to get Roman in the ring at some point with pretty much everyone on Raw between now and Wrestlemania.

The anti Roman chants were clearly a small minority of just dudes. Dudes who are awful and probably havent seen their dicks or Adams apples since they were 12.

Unwitting self-parody is often my favorite.

Elsewhere, I missed Smackdown last night but hope to catch it this evening. Apparently no chatter about it here -- anything solid on the show?

I actually think they might build to title vs title at Mania instead and put a Smackdown guy over at the Rumble. The way they've been hyping the prestige of the IC title and pimping Roman as a grand slam winner, fighting champion etc. makes me feel like they're laying the groundwork for him calling out Brock for not defending his title and saying he's the true top champion and so on.

I really like this thinking. Roman is the fighting champion, Brock is the spoiled and overpaid champion who can't be bothered to show up. If anything is going to work, that stands a really good chance. Maybe they try to get Roman in the ring at some point with pretty much everyone on Raw between now and Wrestlemania.

I would like lots of the more unheralded guys to get a showcase TV match with Roman in the coming weeks. The only issue is that Raw's midcard really is quite shallow when you look at the names there. Unless Matt Hardy and his own Shield partners get a shot against him there aren't many guys to go through in comparison to when Cena was doing the US challenge gimmick.

All those guys like Ryback, Cody, Swagger and Barrett leaving in and around the time of the brand split has left a bit of a gap.

Apparently WWE has released Jim Johnston

https://twitter.com/ThemeTitan_

this is s shocker if true. Pretty sure he's been with the company since the mid 80s

Wonder what will happen when Vince wakes up one day and realizes all his guys were replaced by HHH guys .

I've long theorized Hunter's long game was to basically do a bloodless coup. Vince is wrestling's Queen Elizabeth and will probably live forever at this rate, I don't see HHH settling for being the Prince Charles of sports entertainment.

this is s shocker if true. Pretty sure he's been with the company since the mid 80s

Wonder what will happen when Vince wakes up one day and realizes all his guys were replaced by HHH guys .

I've long theorized Hunter's long game was to basically do a bloodless coup. Vince is wrestling's Queen Elizabeth and will probably live forever at this rate, I don't see HHH settling for being the Prince Charles of sports entertainment.

Come on Vince isn't being outmaneuvered in his own company until he's like 95.

Come on Vince isn't being outmaneuvered in his own company until he's like 95.

I used to think that too, but I see the chess pieces being put in place. He's got an entire ecosystem built in Orlando to replace all but the highest levels, so bit by bit everyone will end up an HHH Guy.

I remember listening to a Prichard podcast (I can't remember which one, I want to say the Vader themed episode but I might be wrong) where he claimed Jim Johnston could be a bit of a pain to deal with sometimes. As I recall, Prichard claimed that Johnston would get criticized for his music sounding too "samey" and that he didn't take feedback particularly well when he was asked to go back and change something. Then again, this is Bruce Prichard. He himself freely admits that he had such a terrible relationship with all of the production people that it ended up getting him fired in 1991, so he might not be the best source.