Pro Wrestling Only

The 10,000 person crowd

sek69

I guess a lot of this depends on how true we think Punk will be to his word on never returning to wrestling. There is a place for him to be viable now without ever having to cross paths with WWE in any way. He might change his mind at some point, but I'd be shocked if he's there mentally now. Punk-Danielson vs Young Bucks would be an interesting main event in an all-things-possible world, though.

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the 6 Star Match is a big of an indy draw as they're gonna get. So with Okada vs. Omega I really think this would have a chance to hit around 6000 or 7000 if all the other elements were in place.

Wouldn't put any serious thought into Punk or Danielson being involved since they're both working with big companies.

Hogan though, there's so much value there if he were to do social media hype videos with the Bucks and work as a special ref.

I think the 6 Star Match is a big of an indy draw as they're gonna get. So with Okada vs. Omega I really think this would have a chance to hit around 6000 or 7000 if all the other elements were in place.

Wouldn't put any serious thought into Punk or Danielson being involved since they're both working with big companies.

Hogan though, there's so much value there if he were to do social media hype videos with the Bucks and work as a special ref.

Do millennials hate Hogan for the whole ALLEGED> racism thing?

Can't get the "Quotes" to work for some reason, but RE: the math that would add up to 10,000 post up above, wouldn't that assume that each fan in attendance is only a specific fan of each of those wrestlers, with no crossover? Like if the Bucks are good for 500, and Omega is good for 2500, that's somehow assuming that there are 500 people who like the Young Bucks but not Omega, and vice versa. It seems like it would be double, triple, quadruple counting fans.

I think the math only works when one name is added onto a card. I'm going to a lucha show in January with Negro Casas. It also has Solar and Skayde. My friends and I would have gone to the show if literally only ONE of those guys were on the card. So if only Skayde were on the show, they could count on 5 tickets purchased from my friends and me. With the additional, more expensive names, they're still getting our 5 tickets.

At a certain point it becomes less about adding up the individual draws, and becomes just a big show.

Do millennials hate Hogan for the whole ALLEGED> racism thing?

Possibly, but wrestling fans have hated Hogan for generations and it has never effected his ability to pop attendance.

Can't get the "Quotes" to work for some reason, but RE: the math that would add up to 10,000 post up above, wouldn't that assume that each fan in attendance is only a specific fan of each of those wrestlers, with on crossover? Like if the Bucks are good for 500, and Omega is good for 2500, that's somehow assuming that there are 500 people who like the Young Bucks but not Omega, and vice versa. It seems like it would be double, triple, quadruple counting fans.

I think the math only works when one name is added onto a card. I'm going to a lucha show in January with Negro Casas. It also has Solar and Skayde. My friends and I would have gone to the show if literally only ONE of those guys were on the card. So if only Skayde were on the show, they could count on 5 tickets purchased from my friends and me. With the additional, more expensive names, they're still getting our 5 tickets.

At a certain point it becomes less about adding up the individual draws, and becomes just a big show.

That's why the Insane Clown Posse thing is brilliant.

Dave made a good point talking about this saying that even if they don't hit 10k, Bullet Club fans have ridiculous attachment rates when it comes to buying merch per head. They're still likely to make a shit load of money even if they don't hit their goal.

Dave made a good point talking about this saying that even if they don't hit 10k, Bullet Club fans have ridiculous attachment rates when it comes to buying merch per head. They're still likely to make a shit load of money even if they don't hit their goal.

See, I'd like there to be some kind of stipulation where if they don't hit the 10K mark everyone gets in for free and a free shirt.

Are we talking having ICP do a concert as part of the draw? It seems like cheating to have a concert/wrestling show and count it as a 10,000 wrestling show. I saw wrestling at the fair when I was a kid, but I'm not sure I'd also count the attendance for the Eddie Rabbitt show that happened after.

Sidenote: I saw ICP wrestle AND perform at a San Francisco show in 2004 as part of a release party for a Hardcore Wrestling video game. TSOL, Kool Keith and ICP all played, Andrew WK was the host, and had a Madman Pondo vs. Supreme match, a New Jack match, Vic Gimres, ICP wrestling Corp. Robinson and 2 Tuff Tony, maybe some other stuff. I don't totally remember how we got in, but it was free, and it may have been some kind of invite only industry thing? It's foggy. But there were only 300 or so people there. Would ICP wrestling really be a big draw in 2017?

I would think that bringing in ICP would repel at least as many fans as it attracts.

Yep, every ICP fan I've ever met is borderline mentally ill and/or mentally challenged - no slight intended to those who are either or both.

ICP's brand of wrestling exists in its own universe, and I don't think it would mesh well with the larger Cody/Bucks type of wrestling. Then again, if it's presented as a once-off on a loaded card, it could work - kinda like the Broken Hardys universe did.

But then you have the issue of those degenerate ICP Faygo-popping fans polluting the rest of the crowd of Hot Topic-buying geek losers smart marks. How do those two completely different types of audiences co-exist in the same arena?

Cody and Bucks might have to go back to pre-Sputnik Monroe levels of segregation to make that work, but instead of separating whites and blacks, you separate the ICP Faygos from the Hot Topics.

Edit: BTW, in case "Faygo" sounds like some kind of insult or - God forbid - slur, it's not. It's a terrible soft drink brand favored by the ICP fanbase.

23uxKEC.jpg

That reminds me, the real fun is going to be watching the WWE reaction when a firm place and date are finally announced (which is probably a good chunk of the reason everyone's being so coy about the details).

Whatever random houseshow that happens to be nearby this event is about to be turned into a mega network exclusive PPV.

Also there seems to be a silly amount of venom here for the Bucks/Bullet Club fans who drive up numbers at Hot Topic. When did we become the "correct" type of wrestling fan who can look down our noses at others? We all enjoy watching dudes play fighting in spandex here, let's not act like we're superior because we aged out of Hot Topic's target demo.

Also there seems to be a silly amount of venom here for the Bucks/Bullet Club fans who drive up numbers at Hot Topic. When did we become the "correct" type of wrestling fan who can look down our noses at others? We all enjoy watching dudes play fighting in spandex here, let's not act like we're superior because we aged out of Hot Topic's target demo.

Amen.