Pro Wrestling Only

[2017-12-06-WWE-NXT] Johnny Gargano vs Kassius Ohno

ShittyLittleBoots

This was amazing. Ohno has been delivering everytime he has got a chance to do so in this 2nd NXT run of his, and this was the best match of that run yet. It was 100% 2016 best wrestler in the world like performance from him. He beat the crap out of Gargano, just straight up bullied him with his beautiful elbows, boots, sentons, you name it. He also had a terrific dance partner with him - Johnny G gave a wonderful babyface performance, selling his ass off & busting out great, super well timed, big hope spots. Great, great stuff. ****1/2

really great match. Gargano has truly become one of the best babyfaces in all of wrestling right now. Hero is great working on top here (of course). Both men keep the energy high. I guess I assumed that Hero was going to win and it feels like they really played off that assumptionto add a bit of drama at the end.

I thought it was really fantastic but I just did not dig the ending at all. I found myself wondering how they could credibly bring Gargano back and put him over after the beating he had taken to that point. I hoped for maybe a rollup or gradual overtaking of Ohno through quickness, smarts, etc. But Gargano essentially jumped up from a killshot, hit some superkicks, slapped on his submission and got a quick tap.

It's a fine finish but I just did not think it worked in the context of the match and really undid a lot of Gargano's awesome babyface work up to that point. I think he would be pretty well-suited to add some Bret Hart-ish rollup finishes to his offense against workers like Ohno or Sullivan or any other guy that towers over him.

So yeah, a really good match that kind of got cheapened for me by a sort of unsatisfying finish.

• GSR changed the title to [2017-12-06-WWE-NXT] Johnny Gargano vs Kassius Ohno