Pro Wrestling Only

Mixed Match Challenge

Flyin' Brian

I know people have their favs but if Strowman/Bliss win its a big con. Pushing strowman down our throats week after week never loses unless its against Lesnar or Roman.

Id like the tournament it be a bit more unpredictable.

I figure Miz/Asuka have to win, considering Asuka made mention of her streak being on the line in their last match.

Miz/Asuka vs Braun/Alexa HAS to be the final match.

It's the semi-final in 2 weeks, the winners face the winner of either Roode/Charlotte or Rusev/Lana against the "second chance" team voted back in by the fans.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since they said the streak was on the line, Miz/Asuka have to win. Also I think their charity was Connor's Cure which everyone said was a ringer from the start.

Braun/Alexa are the Connor's Cure team. Miz/Asuka are competing for Rescue Dogs Rock (which is a really terrific organization - my wife's very excited that she gets to cheer for the Miz and animal rescue charity all in one).

I think the charity angle is horrible exploitative crap, as its using the charity's names to make themselves look good.

Unless they giving all the charity's the same amount of money anomalously, its should be up for Most disgusting promotional tactic award.

Officially they all get ten grand and the winner gets a hundred. So it'll go to their own front charity.

Really not getting how a company actually donating to charity (multiple ones, at that) equals disgusting promotional tactic, when said companies are barely the focal point of the tournament.

Like, for as much shit as the WWE gets for corporate shilling, complaining about an Actually Good project like the MMC seems rather unfair.

Really not getting how a company actually donating to charity (multiple ones, at that) equals disgusting promotional tactic, when said companies are barely the focal point of the tournament.

Like, for as much shit as the WWE gets for corporate shilling, complaining about an Actually Good project like the MMC seems rather unfair.

Particularly when some of the charities (like Rescue Dogs Rock) are getting a nice promotional bump (some of them are way too big to get any benefit from the promotion, other than cash).

Maybe overreacting on the charity thing, guess it depends on how open they are with the charity's.

As long as they told the charity's before hand how much they getting and not telling them they all got a chance to get the hundred grand.

Just find it weird when the results are worked that they claiming each charity has a chance at the money.

When they all ready made there minds up who's getting it before it starts.

Just seems a outdated and dishonest way to promote a wrestling show in 2018

I can see the outrage back when kayfabe was much more strict, especially when the in house charity looks like will come out on top.

But since its an era of loose kayfabe, its probably a case of a necessary evil to base a satilite book (to use a comic book phrase to describe mini-series and other titles a character will star in besides what are considered his or her main titles) like storyline on charitable donations, because otherwise why would anyone involved do this in the middle of WrestleMania season, when you are pretty assured that the majority of the audience now understands and accepts that everything is pre-planned.

Miz/Asuka vs Braun/Alexa HAS to be the final match.

It's the semi-final in 2 weeks, the winners face the winner of either Roode/Charlotte or Rusev/Lana against the "second chance" team voted back in by the fans.

I suppose the loser of the semifinal match could be the second chance team to setup a finals rematch.

I hope Braun ends Asuka's "streak"*.

Pushing strowman down our throats week after week never loses unless its against Lesnar or Roman.

What is this our business. You got a Braun hating mouse in your pocket?

*Feigning an injury to forfeit a belt is a loss.

Is her streak legit or has WWE secretly been bumping it up as I never saw NXT so don't know how long she had been there for.

If it is legit do they count house show matches for her streak?

Pushing strowman down our throats week after week never loses unless its against Lesnar or Roman.

Is her streak legit or has WWE secretly been bumping it up as I never saw NXT so don't know how long she had been there for.

it's legit at least as far as her stint in the WWE goes, NXT included.

they are not doing the goldberg approach of counting the number of matches she's been unbeaten, but instead going for years, which is way simpler.

• 2 weeks later...

it's legit at least as far as her stint in the WWE goes, NXT included.

they are not doing the goldberg approach of counting the number of matches she's been unbeaten, but instead going for years, which is way simpler.

There were a few fans that wernt happy about WWE storylining Asuka's streak into this mixed tag Challenge.

The only thing I don't like is WWE knows full well which charity is getting the biggest donation. I think they should all get the same prize.