Pro Wrestling Only

Holidays PWO Appreciation Thread

dawho5

It's that time of year and I think it's one of the most important times of the year to really accentuate the positive. I know it can be difficult with the way the Holidays go, but it's important.

I started celebrating by watching one of my two favorite matches of all time, Magnum vs. Tully, Starrcade 85. And it is every bit as glorious as it was the last 8 times I watched it! I had never seen the match before I started posting here and that is something that will forever endear PWO to me. I also would have never discovered the joys of Puerto Rico or Buddy Rose or...you know, the list goes on forever.

No matter how often we may disagree on what constitutes good wrestling, I think we can agree that this here is an awesome place to be a part of. It steers you directions you never meant to go. Often enough, you find out that you damn sure should have been going there because it's way better than you thought it would be. Thanks a ton to bradhindsight, shoe, soup23, dylan Waco, Childs, goodhelmet and Loss for keeping this wonderful place up and running and always trying to make it better. I hope you guys know we appreciate it.

This board used to be a reference point for many years. I'd Google reviews for Lucha matches that would pop up on my Youtube and sure as anything OJ's Blog or the MDA would return something. I also never posted but I'd eagerly await many of the podcasts this place brings together (especially those involving Dylan's opinions on the HoF a few years back).

PWO (and, earlier, WKO) has been invaluable in my growth as a fan. With the PWO2K project my love for wrestling is starting to come back again and I really have to thank everyone involved in the board for allowing all of this. Merry Christmas and happy new year!

This board helps me keep enjoying wrestling. I would have given up a long time ago if I didn't have this outlet. It's funny that we started PWO to get away from opinions being so attached to personalities, but I've formed stronger bonds with people in the years since. I should be the one thanking all of you.

Discovering this board a couple years back really helped me discover a lot of new wrestling and - equally - investigate my own tastes and what I like and don't like. I very much need an outlet from time to time to talk about wrestling and not just consume and this has served that purpose on numerous occasions. I am very appreciative to those who come here to talk about wrestling.

Happy Holidays, Folks!

This is the first site on my "Chrome Frequently Visited" sites so I guess my internet habits speak for themselves. There's a number of you I've gotten to know well enough to consider friends and a number more than I just hadn't had the time for yet but that I still regard highly. Best of the Season. I hope you all make it through the Affective Disorder ok.

I started coming to the board in earnest as the GWE project was starting. I decided to take a shot and participate and I have visited here pretty much every day since. It has really helped me expand my love of wrestling and helped turn fun childhood memories into a fun outlet and hobby today.

I've had the pleasure of meeting a few of the people involved with the board and I've loved diving into the 80's sets, the PWO2K project, and many other things along the way. Hope everyone enjoys the holidays.

I love this board. It reminds me of a college course for pro wrestling - with all the good, bad, and ugly that entails (and I mean that in the best way possible). You get some incredible discussion, some pretentious discourse, and some heated arguments over the smallest of minutiae - everything that makes a really good college course and professor so much fun and so engaging. That Triple H thread is still one of the greatest things I've ever read!

If it wasn't for this board I don't know if I'd even follow wrestling anymore. I find myself becoming more and more alienated by the current "modern" product (with the exception of NXT) so it's really the discussions here and the ability to debate the sport (new and old) that keeps me engaged. There are some minor things about PWO I don't like, but you have to take the bad with the good, and the good far outweighs the bad. For the most part I respect and enjoy interacting with the majority of the members here.

Happy Holidays to everybody. I hope you have an enjoyable, safe holiday and get to spend it with people you love.

I've told Loss this - I absolutely love this board. In this era of 6 stars, this is the only place where there are people like me, who'll put a good Dundee expiration of time match up there with modern NJPW. But not just that I share tastes with people, that people here are as crazy about wrestling as I am, that finding unseen 1981 NJPW handhelds is genuinely a big deal to you all like it is to me. And stuff like the 2K project, the 80s Yearbooks, those handhelds, invaluable stuff, can't say enough about how much I appreciate this place.

By far the best wrestling board on the Internet. I do not have much to add; most of what I feel has already been said by others. However I do want to thank Loss and Will and the others for running this board so well and for creating an atmosphere which fosters excellent wrestling discussion.

If it wasn't for this board I don't know if I'd even follow wrestling anymore. I find myself becoming more and more alienated by the current "modern" product (with the exception of NXT) so it's really the discussions here and the ability to debate the sport (new and old) that keeps me engaged. There are some minor things about PWO I don't like, but you have to take the bad with the good, and the good far outweighs the bad. For the most part I respect and enjoy interacting with the majority of the members here.

Happy Holidays to everybody. I hope you have an enjoyable, safe holiday and get to spend it with people you love.

You should give CWF Mid-Atlantic a try. They put their shows on YouTube weekly for free.

My mom died in February. This has been an incredibly fucked up year. I don't post here often, but places like this and Sam's WDKW board have really helped me enjoy wrestling on a granular level like I did when I was younger. I've watched more wrestling this year than I have since 2013 probably. These commmunities are incredibly meaningful to me. My wife will often ask me what I'm doing on my phone during dinner. LOL, my answer more often than not is that I'm looking at posts about wrestling, whether on here or DVDVR or WDKW or WKO, or even on my carefully curated Wrestling Twitter list. Always feel silly explaining that one away.

Anyways, thank you everyone for being out chea posting and loving this dumb thing with me. Thank you to Loss and Chad most of all. The 2000s Project. I have all but abandoned my watching for that project, but it did wonders for me in the month after my mom died. Wacky as it is to say, watching early Danielson and Spanky matches was helpful for me at that time, in ways I can't even put into words. Thank you, everyone.