Proposal for 2018: Match Review Trades

• Please log in to reply
730 replies to this topic

#721 SmartMark15

SmartMark15
  • Members
  • 477 posts

Posted 11 June 2018 - 01:21 AM

I'll be stepping down from this for now.

#722 Matt D

Matt D

4:40

• Members
  • 11242 posts

Posted 13 June 2018 - 06:37 AM

Ok, tenor in the room is that we're going to take this week off. That gives everyone another week to pick matches (if not already done) and watch/review them (I'm still working on mine though it's way more heated than I was expecting, a nice surprise). I'm wondering if we might not have a bit of fatigue here in general after having done this for half a year steadily. In general we've probably reviewed well over 200 matches which is pretty impressive, and everyone got to stretch a bit. So I'm giving it a week and we'll see where we are next Tuesday or so.

#723 Microstatistics

Microstatistics
  • Members
  • 801 posts

Posted 15 June 2018 - 01:21 AM

http://prowrestlingo...igation-042306/ - Akiyama vs Inoue feels like the sort of match everyone on the board should watch and have an opinion on, one way or the other.

Glad you liked it. And I agree that's a match everyone should check out, for the sheer uniqueness value atleast.

#724 dawho5

dawho5
  • Members
  • 4021 posts

Posted 15 June 2018 - 12:35 PM

If I don't have one given to me by tomorrow I'll jump on one of the other matches given out.

#725 HeadCheese

HeadCheese
  • Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 17 June 2018 - 04:40 AM

If I don't have one given to me by tomorrow I'll jump on one of the other matches given out.

I recommend The Carnies vs. Hysteria from last years Dynamite Cup.
https://youtu.be/7oCaGJsI08c

#726 Matt D

Matt D

• Members
  • 11242 posts

Posted 19 June 2018 - 07:19 PM

Ok, rolling the dice tomorrow for everyone. 

#727 Victator

Victator
  • Members
  • 1672 posts

Posted 19 June 2018 - 07:36 PM

For Victator, I got Heavy Metal/Jerry Estrada/Psicosis vs Misterioso/Rey Misterio Jr/Volador from AAA 4/9/93

https://youtu.be/r-ZM9IeiFCE

I am so sorry I missed this. I will watch it soon. Let me think and I will find you something good. 

Something short and simple. hxxps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2PH_sKpYYFY&t=11s

#728 SirEdger

SirEdger

Eternal nostalgic...especially about wrestling

• Members
  • 2861 posts
  • Interests:Pro wrestling, fantasy booking, hockey, football, history, UFC, baseball, video games, reading.

Posted 19 June 2018 - 11:11 PM

Thanks, I'll give it a watch a bit later ;)

#729 dawho5

dawho5
  • Members
  • 4021 posts

Posted Yesterday, 09:50 AM

I recommend The Carnies vs. Hysteria from last years Dynamite Cup.
https://youtu.be/7oCaGJsI08c

I thought this started out good.  The Carnies are clearly the heels and give a decent enough shine.  The dorky looking guy from Hysteria was the right choice as the FIP.  I didn't care for the hot tag as having to take time cutting down the big man takes a lot away from any energy it might have brought.  Said big man's bumping needs some work too.  He doesn't fall over and doesn't fall over, but when he does it's this ridiculous Curt Hennig style bump.  Once we get past that we get to all of the cutesy stuff that I can't stand in modern wrestling.  And not two guys exchanging strikes, but four and on their knees, YAY!  I hope the sarcasm comes across.  Poor execution throughout and a waste of a good enough Southern tag start make this one a dud for me.  

#730 Matt D

Matt D

• Members
  • 11242 posts

Posted Yesterday, 09:31 PM

Alright, I'm still going to be behind for a few more days. Life's been busy. But I will watch the Santo retirement match and give it a worthy response! smartmark is off. I have some suspicions about where we're going with this (in that the experiment might have been great and gotten us a couple hundred reviews, but it might be petering off for a few months), but I'm  happy to see where this week takes us.

Randomizer says:

jetlag
dawho5

Nintendo Logic
Grimmas

Matt D
Headcheese

fxnj
SirEdger

Victator
JoeG

Headcheese, I will look forward to bitching about your match when you give it to me and I'll try to find you something suitable as well.

#731 SirEdger

SirEdger

Eternal nostalgic...especially about wrestling

• Members
  • 2861 posts
  • Interests:Pro wrestling, fantasy booking, hockey, football, history, UFC, baseball, video games, reading.

Posted Today, 12:22 AM

All right, fxnj, let's go with Aja Kong & Bull Nakano vs Eagle Sawai & Harley Saito from AJW Dreamslam I

https://youtu.be/Qsr8qfiTREQ

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users