Pro Wrestling Only

Royal Rumble 2018 Predictions

Gutenberger

Yes, it's that time again. And since we all love a good speculation, I thought a thread for that would be good. What's your predictions? Be it winner, entries, debuts, returns...

Winners:
For the women, I gotta go with Asuka. She's just the uber obvious choice, but sometimes that choice is the right one. I could even see her going the distance to further underline her dominance.
For the men... In an ideal world, Braun wins the title pinning Kane and AJ keeps it 'til WM. Brock and Reigns get it on at WM without the title, and somehow (porbably a lazy Fatal 4 Way) Joe becomes Nr. 1 contender and wesee Braun vs. Joe for the title. The Rumble is won by Nakamura, that way one title defended in a hoss match and the other one in a technical masterpiece.
In reality... Roman wins it and gets to beat Lesnar at Mania. Crowd boos the shit out of the building at the Rumble. I'm still going with Nak vs. Styles, with the former winning a Nr. 1 contender's Elimination Chamber.

Debuts/Returns:
This time starting with the men. and honestly, I have no idea. We know Cena's coming back, so that's no surprise. So is Miz next week, and I'd guess he'll be entering too. But with surprises? I'd guess one or two NXT call-ups. Black comes to mind, but I guess he'll stay in NXT for the Mania Takeover. Who else is ready? Maybe Jericho, I think that would shock some people. Who have you got?
With the women, I think 1 or 2 Attiude Era alumni are a given. I think Lita is a possibility, she's in good shape. Maybe Trish for a one off deal, but I don't think that's too probable. One woman I really could see is Kairi Sane. She's barely used in NXT and can really make it on the main roster. Maybe even with Asuka as 1 & 2 and going the HBK-Bulldog route. As with the men, the rest is completely open to me.

That#s about it. What's your opinions/hopes/expactations?

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm expecting a lot of "surprise" names in the women's Rumble. There's only 19 women on the main roster, and i don't see them using too many NXT names other than maybe Ember and the Iconic Duo.

Also it looked like they are teasing Asuka winning the title before the Rumble, and if she does that would seem to be a giveaway that Ronda's entering and winning. That seems to be the match WWE wants to do, and it would be such a typical thing for the company to build this as a huge moment for the women's division and have an outsider come in and win it.

Wrestlemania 34 pretty much needs Brock/Roman II. People are going to boo but they know it's going to be balls to the walls amazing. Also, Cena/Styles IV could be an option for the SD crew. Not sure if they need to have surprise entrants this year either.

For the Women's BR, I would go for Asuka or the much speculated Ronda Rousey making her debut and winning.

They can get to Brock/Roman II without having to piss off their most rabid fanbase (again), there wouldn't be any reason to do it than pure spite and pettiness (which is probably the exact reason they'll do it).

As far as the Ronda thing, it would be pretty cool to get to the end, and just when you think she won't be in it have Bad Reputation start playing as she does the Goldberg entrance.

Plus you'd have to think most of the crowd will have convinced themselves she's going to be there and it will end up being a letdown if she's not.

My top three guesses for the men's are Nakamura, Cena, & Miz in that order. Roman will win the Chamber match as the show is a RAW PPV this year. With the women I'm going with Asuka, Paige, & Ronda in that order. Becky will last the longest in the women's match & I think Miz will be the marathon guy in the men's. Surprise entrants are easier to predict for the women than the men this year. Ronda, Trish, Lita, Michelle McCool, Beth Phoenix, etc. are good ones. For the men, I don't have a clue which is kind of nice since it's possible I'll be legitimately surprised by at least one special entrant.

Last year didn't have any surprise returning legends so that was a massive disappointment that doesn't give me much hope for surprises which had always been my favorite part of the Rumble. But at least the women's one is guaranteed a few good surprises to get to 30. Right now for the men's I would guess Finn Balor for the win, moving over to SDL to challenge AJ after. Nakamura has kinda felt like an afterthought for the last few months.

Rousey is filming a movie in Colombia this month, but if she was the winner I imagine they run her vs. Charlotte at WM. I hope they stick with Asuka/Alexa as I really liked their match last night, but doing it last night also gave me doubts about it happening again at WM.

Im calling Jazzy Gabert as a surprise entrant into the womans Royal Rumble.

Jazzy was on Edge & Christian's podcast last week and said she went for her pre-signing medicals but they found 3 herniated discs in her neck so WWE wouldn't sign her and she's gonna have neck surgery that might end her career.

Do they really want to put Ronda on the B show, though? Just give Asuka the belt on Raw before Rumble (injuring Alexa in the process - broken arm, or something so she's not in the Rumble) and make it a mystery about who will fill the newly opened slot. It's Ronda, she wins, and they do Asuka/Ronda at Mania.

I'm calling a safely booked Rumble night with surprises coming from overbooked matches and angles.

Womens Rumble Winner: Asuka
Mens Rumble Winner: Reigns

Universal Title: Brock pins Kane

World Title: Styles escapes because Zayn and Owens get in each others way and/or Shane interference.

Setting Up for Mania (Some of this will be done at the rumble, some after)

Brock vs Reigns (US Title vs Universal Title - Hogan/Warrior Style)

Styles vs Nakamura

Strowman vs HHH

Asuka vs Bliss

Taker vs Cena

I am not really sure what they will do with Shane/Zayn/KO. My gut says they are planning some big multi-man match planned that will ultimately feel like a let down (something like Zayn/Owens vs Orton/Shane). I kind of hope they are setting up Zayn turning on Owens and blowing off the Shane thing at Roadblock or something, giving us Zayn vs Owens and Shane vs Angel.

Jazzy was on Edge & Christian's podcast last week and said she went for her pre-signing medicals but they found 3 herniated discs in her neck so WWE wouldn't sign her and she's gonna have neck surgery that might end her career.

Bummer :(

I hope she takes up the Gabi Garcia fight they teased in RIZIN last year then...

Phoenix and Lita seem likely to me. Trish less so, but I wouldn't be shocked I am imagining quite a few women from the MYC. I'd be pretty pumped to see Toni Storm. I'd mark the fuck out for Bull Nakano, but that seems like a long shot.

Last year didn't have any surprise returning legends so that was a massive disappointment that doesn't give me much hope for surprises which had always been my favorite part of the Rumble. But at least the women's one is guaranteed a few good surprises to get to 30. Right now for the men's I would guess Finn Balor for the win, moving over to SDL to challenge AJ after. Nakamura has kinda felt like an afterthought for the last few months.

Rousey is filming a movie in Colombia this month, but if she was the winner I imagine they run her vs. Charlotte at WM. I hope they stick with Asuka/Alexa as I really liked their match last night, but doing it last night also gave me doubts about it happening again at WM.

Im calling Jazzy Gabert as a surprise entrant into the womans Royal Rumble.

Im suprised they try and get Jake in the Rumble a couple years ago. I think at the time he was training with DDP and getting back in shape.

Considering we are getting Roman/Lesnar for Mania it seems a foregone conclusion Roman is winning it.

Personally Id rather see Cena win the Rumble.

I'm changing my Rumble win prediction from Reigns to Nakamura. Nak will need the big rumble win for his tittle match, reigns wont.

If that does happen, I hope he turns it up for the Styles match since I’ll be there. I was really pumped at the thought back when I bought my plane ticket to NOLA but he has been so uninspired.

It's strange that they'd do Styles vs Nakamura at this point tbh. Cena vs Styles for the title with Cena shooting to break Flair's kayfabe record would be a much bigger match and seems like the most obvious match for Cena out of any I can think of.

I'm a little surprised people keep forgetting Elimination Chamber is a RAW PPV. I doubt Roman wins the Rumble. He will win the Chamber & move on into the Hogan vs Warrior build with Brock from there.

I suppose they will do whatever makes Roman look the strongest so tearing through a Rumble doing the most eliminations ever in 1 match would work better than just decimating 5 guys in a Chamber. It be silly to just have someone else win the Rumble just so they lose it a month later.

If they do go down the route of Roman getting the title shot when he wins at Elimination Chamber then a Smackdown star is winning the Rumble.