Pro Wrestling Only

[2018-01-04-NJPW-Wrestle Kingdom XII] Roppongi 3K (YOH & SHO) vs Young Bucks

ShittyLittleBoots

Goddamn this was great. Best Dome Jr. Heavyweight Tag Match that I can remember. AWESOME storytelling w/ YOH hurting his back early on - that became the focus of The Bucks' attack on him, and my goodness, he sold AMAZINGLY. Such a great performance from the man. Matt also hurt his back eventually, and SHO & YOH started to target that as well. Awesome. The hurt back of YOH vs. The hurt back of Matt. The sequence where Nick & SHO are in the middle of the ring, looking at each other while YOH & Matt are on their knees, selling - & then Nick & SHO start just kicking them to their injured backs was really great & solidified this, already a really good match, as a GREAT match in my eyes. ****

Strong opener with the back work and Young Bucks working mostly serious. I may have preferred the Beretta performance from the year before slightly more but this was a strong way to start off the show and was given a ton of time to develop. This also felt like the best crowd reaction the Young Bucks have gotten in front of the Japanese audience. ***1/2

Really really enjoyed this and already have it tabbed for a Rewatch because I think it could be a great match. The whole structure was so against type when you think about the Bucks and their usual finisher fests. Loved the story of the dueling back injuries and Sho and Yoh came out looking strong in defeat.

Definitely recommended

If someone was about to suplex you, why would you grab your own partner and hold on to him so he gets suplexed with you? They were trying to sell the back was hurt on Matt - Nick dives out of the ring hits Matt on accident who has the bad back... a few seconds later they are both back in the ring. I don't know... I just don't get the Young Bucks.

• GSR changed the title to [2018-01-04-NJPW-Wrestle Kingdom XII] Roppongi 3K (YOH & SHO) vs Young Bucks