Pro Wrestling Only

Greatest Match Ever Project

Grimmas

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I think the Mania 35 Deadline is for the best. Otherwise, I will just keep extending my scope. I am going to re-watch all of All Japan 90s starting on February 1st and that should give me plenty of time in March to re-watch some stuff. 

Yeah, I do feel like a dick sometimes writing my reviews nitpicking awesome matches. Normally, I would just praise Liger/Sano or Liger/Samurai, but yesterday I felt like such an elitist prick dissecting two excellent matches. That being said I do love watching great pro wrestling and am very excited about finishing this project. 

• 1 month later...

The Greatest Match Ever project is currently accepting ballots. Please follow the google form link and submit your current Top 100 pro wrestling matches of all time.

The deadline is the end of WrestleMania 35 on April 7th.

The Form for submission: goo.gl/forms/AIgFSVohxFKuZMvj2

http://gweproject.freeforums.net/thread/939/ballot-officially-open for more information

On 3/29/2019 at 7:48 PM, NintendoLogic said:

I plan on submitting a ballot, although I'm certain that nobody will be happy with the final results. Nobody ever is with these kinds of projects.

Probably but the process has been a lot more enjoyable and civil than GWE.

Reminder: There is approximately one week left to submit a ballot. Submissions will be closed at the end of WrestleMania next Sunday.

13 minutes ago, NintendoLogic said:

Is every match with a thread in the nominee folder fair game? There are quite a few matches there that aren't listed on the index of nominees.

Yes, sorry still doing some catch-up. But yes, everything in the Nominees section is eligible to vote for.

I wouldn't worry about in fighting. Its a smaller project that I think has involved a little less emotional investment.  Plus, I think the idea that we plan to do it every year to update our lists and continue watching new things helps a bit. It doesn't feel as final. 

Anything in the nominations is fair game.  We are going to try to clean things up this summer. Honestly, it got away from all of us. The organization has been the biggest thing honestly. I know I have ZERO experience heading up anything like this.  We are sort of going on the honors system. If you want to vote for something that is documented on the board and you think it has met the minimum qualifications for nomination (three votes for or one solid paragraph explaining the nomination from someone) go ahead. We aren't looking to keep matches out. With any luck this will be sorted a bit more clearly next time around.

Be sure to get your votes in before the chaos starts this weekend. Ballots are closed at the end when the lights go out on Wrestlemania.

If anyone has any questions message myself or another mod. I - for one - am over there (Cap) a good bit more while we close this out.

On 4/3/2019 at 8:45 PM, CapitalTTruth said:

Anything in the nominations is fair game.  We are going to try to clean things up this summer. Honestly, it got away from all of us. The organization has been the biggest thing honestly. I know I have ZERO experience heading up anything like this.  We are sort of going on the honors system. If you want to vote for something that is documented on the board and you think it has met the minimum qualifications for nomination (three votes for or one solid paragraph explaining the nomination from someone) go ahead. We aren't looking to keep matches out. With any luck this will be sorted a bit more clearly next time around.

Glad to hear it. There are a couple of matches that would be locks for my ballot but aren't in the nominee section. Here are the threads nominating them. It looks to me like they qualify.

https://gweproject.freeforums.net/thread/834/manami-toyota-aja-kong-1994

https://gweproject.freeforums.net/thread/214/njpw-man-eliminaton-match-1987

Yeah, I am glad we can work out the kinks and not feel like this is "THE LIST".

Plus, tastes change, people will be exposed to new stuff, hopefully we will get new members with new opinions as we go, and there will always be new great matches.... so I think a yearly list will be interesting