Pro Wrestling Only

World Class Championship Wrestling Jan. 1986

GeneJackson95

WCCWTVOpen.jpg

World Class Championship Wrestling TV

Recorded at the Sportatorium in Dallas, TX on 1/2 Airing on Friday 1/3 on WTVT throughout Texas And various outlets across the Southwest. Hosted by Bill Mercer and Bruce Prichard Ring Announcer/Interviewer: Marc Lowrance

(Bill Mercer and Bruce Prichard open the show)

Mercer: "Hello and welcome once again to World Class Championship Wrestling as we welcome you to the first episode of WCCW of 1986 and with a new year, I get a new co-host and I'd like to welcome Bruce Prichard to the show all the way from Houston."

Prichard: "That's right I am from Houston, the Mecca of Professional Wrestling and I'm sure it's a real pleasure to have someone of my stature join you here on this program to add my expertise to the commentary of this show."

Mercer: "Yes, it's quite exciting…and speaking of exciting we have a HUGE main event tonight as the "Modern Day Warrior" Kerry Von Erich will take on Big John Studd w/Percy Pringle."

Prichard: "It was just a week ago that Kerry Von Erich paid ten grand of his own money to get the suspension lifted on Studd and he clearly didn't get the revenge he wanted last week in Houston in that six man tag match so today they go one on one!"

Mercer: "That should be a barn burner but right now we're going to the ring and see the Moondogs in action against a brand new team here in World Class, The Hammer Brothers."

MATCH #1:

The Moondogs (Spot/Rex) defeated The Hammer Brothers (Jack/Sledge) when Rex pinned Sledge Hammer after a powerslam. As the Moondogs are getting their hands raised Luscious Johnny V comes to ringside with a large man carrying a kendo stick.

89930a8c3ca2608b1056ae4d5fd202e7.jpg

Johnny V: "A few weeks ago you two animals turned your back on me in this ring and left me for dead! Now I'm sure you thought that was the last you'd see of me, but you were sadly mistaken! This man you see here with me is my new bodyguard, he's a master of the martial arts and all around bad man, Brian Adams! However, I'm here to issue a challenge for Saturday night in Amarillo against my new tag team the Dream Team! If you got the guts, you'll except the challenge!"

Spot grunts into the microphone which gets a cheer from the crowd and it would seem they have accepted the challenge of Johnny Valiant!

COMMERCIALS

MATCH #2:

Shane Douglas w/Mr. Wrestling 2 pinned Lucha Steve with a belly to belly suplex

Douglas.jpg

(Footage airs of Eddie Gilbert throwing a fireball at Buddy Roberts two months ago, then throwing a fireball in the face of Terry Gordy a few weeks ago, then a clip from last Saturday in Houston where Eddie Gilbert burned Michael 'P.S.' Hayes before the Cage Match for the WCCW Six Man Tag Team Championships. Gilbert/Sting/Rip Rogers went on to defeat Gordy/Roberts in a handicap match after Hayes had to be taken for medical attention before the match started----Bruce Prichard is joined in the interview area by Fritz Von Erich and 'Hot Stuff' Eddie Gilbert w/Missy Hyatt)

Prichard: "Fritz, I understand you have an announcement concerning Hot Stuff/Hyatt International and the WCCW Six Man Tag Team Championships."

Fritz: "Yes Mark, it's time for me to do something I should have already done when this first started happening…..I'm fining Eddie Gilbert $5,000 for throwing fire in another wrestler's face….furthermore, I have stripped Gilbert, Sting, and Rogers of the Six Man Tag Team Championships."

bg_tn_3a8p243gvj_100555.jpg

Gilbert: "You listen to me Fritz Von Erich…it's one thing to fine me for burning somebody…I'm fine with that….Missy's family is made of money….we can pay fines all day long…BUT, I have a huge problem with you stripping us of our titles….and Sting had an even bigger problem with it because he instantly quit the company when he got the news this morning that we were getting stripped of the titles! I put a lot of time and money into Sting and I'm not happy he's gone. But you know what….it's all worth it…you know why?? You know why?? Because I did what no one else in World Class has been able to do…..I ran the Freebirds out of Texas! They are gone, baby!! So it's ok, Missy will pay my stinkin' fine and you know what else?? I've got a replacement for Sting already….in fact I've got TWO replacements for Sting….and they'll be here soon and when I unleash them on this place…..you'll be begging for Sting to return!"

MATCH #3:

Steve Simpson pinned Randy Watson with a flying crossbody off the top rope

10c2de49b7steve-simpson.jpg

COMMERCIALS

MATCH #4:

"Flamboyant" Eric Embry/"Gorgeous" Jimmy Garvin w/Precious defeated Mickey Henry/Mr. BoJangles when Garvin pinned BoJangles after a brainbuster

(Bruce Prichard comes down to ringside to speak to Garvin and Embry)

Prichard: "Guys, I was told this Saturday in Amarillo you will be in a tag team match against Iceman Parsons and Bad News Allen, I assume you can't be too happy about that."

Garvin: "No Bruce, we're not at all happy about that…..these two try to act like they are enemies yet they keep conspiring against us together, but that's just fine because Eric Embry and myself have a surprise for those two this Saturday night."

Embry: "I don't know about you Jimmy, but I'm sick and tired of dealing with Bad News Allen and Iceman Parsons….this is going to end on Saturday night."

Prichard: "Here's something that should make you guys happy, I know Precious delivered a tape to the truck a little while ago and I understand it's some footage that you said will 'clear your name'."

Garvin: "That's exactly right Bruce, roll that tape and see what a liar Bill Mercer is!"

(VTR: A video airs that shows an obviously clipped up version of the Garvin vs. Roddy Piper match at Starrcade….it skips around showing Garvin in control….then showing him covering Piper for a pin…the film awkwardly jumps from Garvin covering Piper to the referee raising his hand in victory)

Prichard: "Well, I think that's pretty straightforward and should clear up the controversy."

Garvin: "Yes, now obviously we had to edit it a bit for time but that shows you exactly what happened as I beat Piper and there was clearly no sign of Eric as he was out giving Christmas gifts to orphans just as we told you last week, In fact one of the moms sent Eric a thank you note for all his help."

Embry: (puts on reading glasses and reads the letter out loud) "Dear Mr. Embry, thank you so very much for all the great Christmas gifts you brought my poor kid on Christmas day…We are so thankful you didn't go to Reunion Arena to face that Scrooge, Bad News Allen…and thank goodness you weren't in Greensboro at Starrcade helping Jimmy Garvin beat that skirt wearing freak Rodney Piper…" (Garvin cuts him off)

Garvin: "ok ok, I think they get the point Eric….anyway…" (Bad News and Parsons storm ringside and get a few punches in before Garvin and Embry flee)

Parsons: "Listen here you two, the only thing that will 'surprise' us in Amarillo is if your scared butt shows up to face us you cowards."

Bad News: "That's right…..Parsons and I don't have to like each other to agree that you need your asses kicked….and we will put our differences aside and give you the beating you deserve……and another thing….How you gonna get a letter from an ORPHANS Mother???"

Parsons: "DUMMY!"

(Cut to Marc Lowrance in the back to plug upcoming shows)

"This Saturday we will be in Amarillo, Tx and in the Main Event, Kevin Von Erich will defend the NWA North American Championship once again against Austin Idol w/Gary Hart and this time Big John Studd is BARRED FROM THE BUILDING!!

Monday Jan 6th, we'll be in Muskogee, Oklahoma featuring The Von Erichs, The Desperados, and more!!

Tuesday Jan 7th, WCCW will be in El Paso, Texas featuring NWA World Lightheavyweight Champion Chris Benoit will be defending the title against Shane Douglas w/Mr. Wrestling 2!"

COMMERCIAL

x240-RXl.jpg

MATCH #5:

MAIN EVENT

GRUDGE MATCH

"Modern Day Warrior" Kerry Von Erich pinned Big John Studd w/Percy Pringle with a backslide…..as soon as the bell rang The Grappler, The Spoiler , and Rod Price hit the ring to attack Kerry Von Erich but was quickly saved by Kevin Von Erich, Lance Von Erich, and Steve Simpson as the show is going off the air!

© 1986 Southwest Sports Inc.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

World Class Championship Wrestling

Sports Arena

Amarillo, TX

Saturday Nov 23, 1985

Bell time: 8pm

Steve Simpson pinned "California Stud" Rod Price w/Percival Pringle III with a crucifix

The Desperados (Black Bart/Killer Brooks) defeated Shane Douglas/Mr. Wrestling 2 when Bart pinned Mr. Wrestling 2 after a neckbreaker

The Mighty Kokina w/"Playboy" Gary Hart pinned Brian Adias after a 'big splash'

Grudge Tag Team Match

The Moondogs (Spot/Rex) fought The Dream Team (John Tatum/Jack Victory) w/Luscious Johnny V & Brian Adams to a double countout

Return Tag Team Match

"Gorgeous" Jimmy Garvin & "Flamboyant" Eric Embry w/Precious defeated Bad News Allen & "Iceman" King Parsons when Precious distracted referee Bronko Lubich allowing RONNIE GARVIN to run in and knock out Parsons with a big right hand allowing Jimmy Garvin to get the pinfall while Bad News was pummeling Embry on the floor

Special Challenge Match

Kerry/Lance Von Erich defeated "Hustler" Rip Rogers/"Hot Stuff" Eddie Gilbert w/Missy Hyatt when Kerry pinned Rogers after a 'Discus Punch'

SEMI-MAIN EVENT

NWA North American Tag Team Championship

The Funks (Terry/Dory Jr.) defeated The Pringle Dynasty (Grappler/Spoiler) w/Percival Pringle III when Terry pinned the Grappler after a piledriver

MAIN EVENT

(Big John Studd barred from the building)

NWA North American Championship

"Universal Heartthrob" Austin Idol w/"Playboy" Gary Hart defeated Kevin Von Erich by DQ when DUTCH MANTELL hit the ring and attacked Idol about 12 minutes into the match……Kevin got into a shoving match with Mantell after Idol and Hart fled ringside…..Dutch Mantell took the house mic.

Dutch: "Kevin, look I know you're mad that I interfered in your match and I don't blame you. However, I found out that it was Austin Idol and Gary Hart that ordered the hit on me down in Puerto Rico because of the issues we had in Continental Wrestling earlier this year so I jumped on a plane and came straight here to get my hands on Idol….and I can tell you….your Dad…or Frank Dusek or whoever I need to tell…I'm going to show up at every event that Austin Idol is booked on and I'm going to do whatever it takes to get my hands on him until I get my revenge on him once and for all!"

Small Spot Show

Muskogee, OK

Monday Jan. 6, 1986

Bell time: 7pm

Brian Adias pinned Super Zodiac with a small package

Steve Simpson pinned The Inferno with a sunset flip off the top rope

Shane Douglas/Mr. Wrestling 2 wrestled "Superstar" Bill Dundee/"Exotic" Adrian Street w/Ms. Linda to a 20 minute time limit draw

SEMI-MAIN EVENT

The Spoiler w/Percy Pringle defeated "Iceman" King Parsons after interference from Pringle

MAIN EVENT

The Von Erichs (Kevin/Kerry/Lance) defeated The Desperados (Black Bart/Ron Bass/Killer Brooks) when Kerry pinned Brooks after a 'discus punch'

=============================================================================

El Paso, TX

Tuesday Jan. 6, 1986

Bell time: 7pm

Brian Adias pinned The Inferno after a running bulldog

Lance Von Erich pinned The Spoiler w/Percy Pringle with a crucifix

The Dream Team (John Tatum/Jack Victory) w/Luscious Johnny V & Brian Adams beat The Moondogs (Spot/Rex) by DQ when Spot hit Victory with a steel chair out on the floor

Special Challenge Match

"Universal Heartthrob" Austin Idol w/"Playboy" Gary Hart fought "Dirty" Dutch Mantell to a double count out

NWA North American Tag Team Championship

The Funks (Terry/Dory Jr.) defeated "Hustler" Rip Rogers/"Hot Stuff" Eddie Gilbert w/Missy Hyatt when Dory pinned Rogers after an airplane spin

SEMI-MAIN EVENT

NWA World Lightheavyweight Championship

Chris Benoit pinned Shane Douglas w/Mr. Wrestling 2 with a bridging german suplex

MAIN EVENT

NWA North American Championship

Kevin Von Erich pinned The Grappler w/Percival Pringle III with the Iron Claw

After the match, Big John Studd came out of nowhere in street clothes and attacked Kevin Von Erich….Austin Idol ran in to attack Studd to get revenge for Christmas Star Wars but Dutch Mantell ran in and attacked Idol, Lance Von Erich also hit the ring to assist Kevin Von Erich…..Mantell and Idol fought up the aisle and out of the arena, the Spoiler came in to help Studd and Grappler get the advantage over The Von Erichs until Kerry Von Erich came in with a chair and cleared the ring of the Pringle Dynasty.

WCCWTVOpen.jpg

World Class Championship Wrestling TV

Recorded at the Sportatorium in Dallas, TX on 1/2 Airing on Friday 1/10 on WTVT throughout Texas And various outlets across the Southwest. Hosted by Bill Mercer and Bruce Prichard Ring Announcer/Interviewer: Marc Lowrance

(Bill Mercer and Bruce Prichard open the show at ringside)

Mercer: "Hello, and welcome once again to World Class Championship Wrestling coming to you as always from the World Famous Sportatorium in Dallas, Texas and we have a stellar card of wrestling for you this evening!"

Prichard: "Mercer, a situation has developed this past week as Dutch Mantell from WWC in Puerto Rico showed up seeking revenge on Austin Idol for an attack down in Puerto Rico that he claims Austin Idol was behind."

Mercer: "Mantell insists that Idol paid to "put a hit out on him" which will try to have footage of soon but he showed up in Amarillo seeking revenge and Fritz Von Erich has seen fit to grant him a match with Austin Idol right here today on television."

Prichard: "You and I both know that most wrestlers couldn't just show up and attack someone and then get hired to wrestle and given the match they want but since Mantell is after Idol who is after Kevin Von Erich, apparently that makes it ok."

Mercer: "I don't know about that but I assuming since Fritz knows the circumstances and is aware of the brutal attacked suffered by Mantell he is willing to give him a chance at revenge."

Prichard: "Well I'm not buying that for one minute but never the less….in other big news we will be having a big tournament this Saturday in my hometown of Houston to fill the vacant WCCW Six Man Tag Team titles."

Mercer: "That is going to be huge and also on that card a match that has come at the request of Bad News Allen, as he will defend his Texas Championship that same night against Ronnie Garvin in a NO DQ match and we'll be hearing from Ronnie Garvin and seeing him in action on this edition of World Class Championship Wrestling."

MATCH #1:

Lance Von Erich pinned Donnie Brooks with a sunset flip from the top rope

(Bill Mercer sends it to the dressing room to Marc Lowrance who is looking to get a word with Ronnie Garvin about his interference against Bad News Allen and Iceman Parsons in Amarillo last week)

marclowrance.jpg

Lowrance: "Fans, I'm here in the dressing room of Jimmy Garvin, Precious, and Eric Embry who have just informed me that Ronnie Garvin has not arrived to the Sportatorium as of yet so I will attempt to get a word with him later when he arrives, in the meantime I'm going to attempt to track down Dutch Mantell to find out more about how Austin Idol paid to have him attacked in Puerto Rico. Also, don't forget fans World Class Championship Wrestling will be in action this Monday in Ft. Worth, advanced tickets are available now at Pancho's Mexican Restaurant." (Marc turns to leave the dressing room as the camera pans over to Jimmy Garvin, Eric Embry, and Precious)

0810_FEA_wrestlers_Jimmy.jpg

Garvin: (smiling) "Eric, did you hear what he just said?"

embry3.jpg

Embry: (also smiling) "I sure did, Jimmy!"

Garvin: (rubbing his hands together) "Are you thinking what I'm thinking?"

Embry: "I sure am!! Let's head to Poncho's after the show to get some of those chimichangas I like!"

Garvin: "Chimichangos? No, no….I mean did you hear the part about Idol paying someone to attack Dutch Mantell?"

Embry: "Wait…you want to see if Idol will pay us to attack Dutch Mantell??"

Garvin: "No….Bad News Allen!"

Embry: "You want Austin Idol to pay us to attack Bad News Allen??"

Garvin: "No we pay somebody to…..(puts his head in his hands) Never mind, I can't do this right now, I need to go for a walk." (Jimmy leaves the room)

Embry: (turns to Precious) "Where's he going? I thought he liked chimichangas? Patti, I can't deal with another night of eating Jack in the Box…." (Precious pats him on the head)

Precious: "Eric, don't worry hun, I'll talk to him and we'll all go to Panchos after the show."
(Ronnie Garvin comes in carrying his bag)

Ronnie: "What's going on, where's Jimmy?"

Embry: "I wanted to go to Panchos for chimichangas and he's going to see if Austin Idol will pay Dutch Mantell to attack Bad News Allen."

Ronnie: "What?? I've got Bad News Allen covered….nobody needs to pay anybody to deal with him."

Precious: "He's confused Ronnie, I'll go talk to Jimmy….you just get ready for your match tonight."

Embry: "Then we're going out for chimichangas, you'll love them!" (Precious grabs Eric by the arm and leads him away)

Ronnie: (shaking his head) "Idiot."

COMMERCIAL

===========================================

(Bruce Prichard is at ringside with "Playboy" Gary Hart)

GaryHart-7.JPG

Prichard: "Gary Hart, I understand you have a team that's signed to take part in the Six Man Team Title tournament….we know you have Austin Idol, we know you have Kokina…but who will their partner be?"

Hart: "First of all…let me say this. It's a complete disgrace that hairy animal Dutch Mantell is allowed to show up in Texas and make false accusations against Austin Idol and attack him during his matches and not only was he not punished….he's given a job and booked in matches against Austin Idol…..well you listen to me and you listen Dutch Mantell you hairy ape! You should be careful what you wish for my friend because right here today on this show you are going to get it and we're going to send you back to Puerto Rico in a body bag……As for the Six Man tag titles, I've have found a partner for Kokina and Austin Idol that ensures us victory! I put a phone call to the Great One….Gama Singh himself and he has sent me the biggest, meanest, baddest man he knows…the Karachi Crusher himself….Makhan Singh!"

(Makhan Singh makes his way down the aisle to the ring)

Prichard: "Oh my word, one of the most dangerous men in wrestling and just can't imagine who could take down this man…the Mighty Kokina AND Austin Idol….Mr. Hart you have outdone yourself this time."

Hart: "You can't imagine anybody beating them Bruce, because there's no one who can….check this out!"

mikeshaw.jpg

MATCH #2:

Makhan Singh w/Gary Hart pinned Randy Watson after an Avalanche splash in the corner

(The Von Erichs are in the locker room with Marc Lowrance)

Lowrance: "I'm here with the Von Erichs who will be competing together this Saturday in Houston, Texas for the WCCW Six Man Tag Team Championships."

Kevin: "First off, we all want to say hello to our brother Mike who is at home recovering from the injuries suffered at the hands of Big John Studd, and we want Mike to know we will fight we everything we have bring home those Six Man Tag titles for you little brother."

Kerry: "That's absolutely right Kevin, last week I got a measure of revenge against Studd here on television but that's not even close to being enough….I want to get my hands on him again and I just hope you and your Pringle Dynasty crew finds yourselves across the ring from the Von Erichs in Houston."

Lance: "I'm so excited to be teaming with my cousins Kevin and Kerry, I want to thank all the great fans here in Texas for all the support and love I've been shown….Mike, we're going to make you proud and bring home those belts, cuz!"

COMMERCIAL

MATCH #3:

Ronnie Garvin pinned Bubba Monroe after a "knockout punch"

51e91b2cabe748d7c74a7d514f1e2880--stones

(Marc Lowrance approached Ronnie Garvin at ringside)

Lowrance: "Mr. Garvin, I wanna ask you about your interference in the tag team match last week in Amarillo where you cost Bad News Allen and Iceman King Parsons the match against your brother Jimmy Garvin and Eric Embry."

Ronnie: "I did it because I felt like it and who was going to stop me?"

Lowrance: "I understand that Bad News Allen went to Fritz Von Erich and demanded a match against you this Saturday night in Houston, Texas."

Ronnie: "Yes he did…..he fell right into my trap. He demanded a match against me, so I countered that demanding a Texas Championship match, he countered demanding that it be no DQ! That's right up my alley Marc Lowrance so Saturday night it's going to be one on one for the Texas title.'

Lowrance: "I understand your brother Jimmy Garvin and Eric Embry are banned from the building that night to make sure it's a fair fight."

Ronnie: " You listen me and you listen good…..I don't need my brother, Eric Embry or anyone else on earth to help me handle a guy like Bad News Allen. He's a blow hard, he's a joke. I will show everybody in World Class that Bad News Allen isn't the tough guy he's tried to make himself out to be…..the only thing I'm concerned with is his buddy Iceman Parsons better not come out to help HIM."

(VTR: Video is shown of Johnny V introducing his "Dream Team" in Amarillo of "Hollywood" John Tatum and Jack Victory, with highlights of their battle with the Moondogs (Spot/Rex) that ended in a double count out)

TatumVictory.jpg

(Marc Lowrance runs down the first round matches in the WCCW Six Man Tag Team Championship Tournament)

Sam Houston Coliseum

Houston, TX

Saturday Jan 11, 1986

Bell time- 7pm

WCCW Six Man Tag Title Tournament

Round 1:

"Exotic" Adrian Street/"Superstar" Bill Dundee/"Dirty" Dutch Mantell

Vs.

Austin Idol/The Mighty Kokina/Makhan Singh w/"Playboy" Gary Hart

Dory Funk Jr./Terry Funk/Mr. Olympia

Vs.

Hot Stuff/Hyatt International w/Missy Hyatt

The Pringle Dynasty w/Percival Pringle III

Vs.

"Iceman" King Parsons/Steve Simpson/Brian Adias

Kevin/Kerry/Lance Von Erich

Vs.

The Desperados (Black Bart/Ron Bass/Killer Brooks

NWA Texas Heavyweight Championship

Grudge Match- NO DQ

Bad News Allen

Vs.

"Hands of Stone"

Ronnie Garvin

(Card Subject to Change)

MATCH #4:

NWA North American Tag Team Champions The Funk Brothers (Terry/Dory Jr) defeated Will Owens/Bad Boy Burns when Dory made Owens submit with the 'Spinning Toe Hold'

The-Funks-1452718573-137453.jpg

Next Week:

The Dream Team w/Johnny V

Vs.

Superstar" Bill Dundee/"Exotic" Adrian Street w/Ms. Linda

NWA World Lightheavyweight Champion Chris Benoit will be in action

Former NWA World Champion "Nature Boy" Ric Flair will present a "Main Event Open Challenge"

WCCW Television Championship
"Gorgeous' Jimmy Garvin w/Precious

Vs.

"Iceman" King Parsons

MATCH #5:

MAIN EVENT
GRUDGE MATCH

"Dirty" Dutch Mantell pinned "Universal Heartthrob" Austin Idol w/Gary Hart with a small package, as the referee was raising Dutch's hand….Kokina and Makhan Singh hit the ring and attacked Mantell..Singh shot Dutch into the corner and gave him an Avalanche splash….then as Dutch fell to the mat Kokina gave him a big splash and seemingly injuring the ribs of Mantell who had to be helped out of the ring as the show went off the air.

24.jpg

© 1986 Southwest Sports Inc/National Wrestling Alliance

Good grief Gary Hart has put together quite a 3 man team and they defiantly made an impact. I would say they might be the favorites but looking at the other competition, I'm not so sure. That tournament is stacked with 3 man teams. Embry is to funny! I cracked up when Jimmy finally had to take a walk. I like heel Ron Garvin. He's a tough guy who can go toe to toe with Bad News. Looking forward to seeing Flair in WCCW.

Sam Houston Coliseum

Houston, TX

Saturday Jan 11, 1986

Bell time- 7pm

WCCW Six Man Tag Title Tournament

Round 1:

Austin Idol/The Mighty Kokina/Makhan Singh w/"Playboy" Gary Hart defeated "Exotic" Adrian Street/"Superstar" Bill Dundee/"Dirty" Dutch Mantell when Kokina pinned Mantell after a splash on his injured ribs

Dory Funk Jr./Terry Funk/Mr. Olympia defeated Hot Stuff/Hyatt International (Eddie Gilbert/Rip Rogers/Rick Steiner ) w/Missy Hyatt & Scott Steiner when Terry Funk pinned Rogers with a small package

The Pringle Dynasty (Big John Studd/The Grappler/The Spoiler) w/Percival Pringle III defeated "Iceman" King Parsons/Steve Simpson/Brian Adias when Studd made Adias submit to an over the shoulder backbreaker

Kevin/Kerry/Lance Von Erich defeated The Desperados (Black Bart/Ron Bass/Killer Brooks) when Kerry pinned Bass after a 'discus punch'

Round 2/SEMI-FINALS:

Austin Idol/Kokina/Makhan Singh w/Gary Hart defeated The Funks/Mr. Olympia when Idol pinned Olympia with his feet on the ropes

The Von Erichs (Kevin/Kerry/Lance) defeated The Pringle Dynasty w/Percy Pringle when Lance pinned The Spoiler with a sunset flip

NWA Texas Heavyweight Championship

Grudge Match- NO DQ

Bad News Allen

Vs.

Ronnie Garvin

As Garvin was already in the ring, Bad News was coming down the aisle approaching the ring when a masked man came running down the aisle and grabbed Bad News by the back of the head and rammed him shoulder first into the ring post…..Bad News hit the floor clutching his shoulder as the masked man picked him up and rammed him into the ring post again, then stomped his shoulder several times before Garvin came out of the ring and shoved him away causing the masked man to retreat from ringside. After a few minutes of chaos, Bad News struggled to get back to his feet pulling him self up with his right arm but it was obvious his left arm was useless and he was in tremendous pain…..Frank Dusek came down and said that Bad News would have to forfeit the title…..Bad News screamed an expletive and demanded the referee "ring the bell, and start the damn match." The bell rang and Bad News fought as best he could with one arm but Garvin was relentless….after several minutes of Garvin just stomping his shoulder and trying to jerk it out of socket….he locked in an armbar submission hold….Bad News refused to give up until finally Iceman King Parsons came down and threw in the towel….Garvin was declared the new NWA Texas Heavyweight Champion. Garvin shoved Parsons and they got into a brawl at ringside while the masked man returned and started beating on Bad News Allen again who at this point could in no way defend himself……at this point Parsons broke away from Garvin and attacked the masked man who fought back…..until Ronnie Garvin came into the ring and snatched the mask off the man's head to reveal……"DR.D" DAVID SHULTZ…who left the ring as soon as he was unmasked…Garvin looked confused as did Parsons who then went back over to check on Bad News who was down on the mat but shrugging off any help that was being offered by anyone.

MAIN EVENT

WCCW Six Man Tag Team Championship Tournament

FINALS:

Kevin/Kerry/Lance Von Erich defeated Austin Idol/Mighty Kokina/Makhan Singh w/Gary Hart when Kerry bodyslammed Singh and pinned him…..There was some controversy about 8 minutes into the match when Kokina splashed Kerry and looked like he pinned him although referee David Manning said Kerry got his shoulder up before the 3 count….Idol and Hart protested heavily but the match resumed until Kerry pinned Singh at around 17 minutes 23 seconds