Pro Wrestling Only

World Class Championship Wrestling Jan. 1986

GeneJackson95

So you did a card in a bar with Brody, the Moondogs, Ronnie Garvin and Dr. D involved? That works for me. :) Big card to kick it off and I like the names you brought in.

At some point you need to bring in all of the wild, over-the-top brawl guys and have just a massive bar fight where the last guy not bleeding and still conscious is the winner.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Been looking forward to the Bar Room Brawl thanks to Urban Cowboy...

I was surprised to see Brody win over Studd who I had pegged as one of the top performers in the country right now. I know Brody gets the nod when all else fails and hopefully he's around more to reap the reward. I also loved the Gavin vs Schultz contest. Those two guys could throw and I like the setting of their brawl. Much like Sting before them, the Steiners are getting a chance to shine here early in their careers. I am sure they will be groomed and ready when the call comes but right now they are doing some solid work.

World Class Championship Wrestling TV

Recorded at the Sportatorium in Dallas, TX on 1/16 Airing on Friday 1/24 on WTVT throughout Texas And various outlets across the Southwest. Hosted by Bill Mercer and Bruce Prichard Ring Announcer/Interviewer: Marc Lowrance

(Mercer and Prichard open the show with clips from last Saturday's show in Amarillo where Big John Studd defeated Kevin Von Erich in the Steel Cage to win the NWA North American Championship, Ric Flair's shady victory over Terry Funk and Funk's post match challenge for a rematch here tonight)

Mercer: "A lot has gone down since last week here on World Class Championship Wrestling, Big John Studd won the North American Championship from Kevin Von Erich but lost a non-title match to Bruiser Brody at Bar Room Brawl which aired live from Gilley's Bar."

Prichard: "Bar Room Brawl was exactly that…..an absolute brawl! Not only did Brody upset Studd but there was one of the wildest brawls we've ever witnessed between Ronnie Garvin and 'Dr. D' David Shultz!"

Mercer: "That's true and nothing was settled there as they will meet again this weekend in Houston. Speaking of nothing being settled Ric Flair has accepted Terry Funk's challenge to a rematch and they will meet again right here tonight on television."

Prichard: "Can you imagine, two weeks in a row right here in the Sportatorium, we get to see the greatest NWA World Champion in history, 'Nature Boy' Ric Flair in action taking on a Funk brother!"

Mercer: "It's certainly an exciting match and we all look forward to it. We'll also see the NWA World Lightheavyweight Champion in action as Chris Benoit will defend against the top contender from South Africa, Steve Simpson."

Prichard: "We'll also see the in-ring television debut of 'Dr. D' David Shultz and after our first match, I'll be heading to the dressing room to speak with Eric Embry and Jimmy Garvin to find out if they managed to get Shultz's money he's owed."

Mercer: "I'm guessing they have or else I don’t think they would show their face here tonight."

MATCH #1

The Dream Team (John Tatum/Jack Victory) w/Luscious Johnny V defeated The Hammer Brothers (Jack/Sledge) when Tatum pinned Sledge Hammer after a neckbreaker

(Marc Lowrance joins Johnny V and the Dream Team at ringside)

Marc: "Mr. Valiant, another impressive win for the Dream Team."

Johnny: "That's right baby, these guys are the greatest team in the entire NWA right here but listen up…they aren't through with those Moondogs….but we wish them all the luck in the world against the Funks because if they win those North American Tag titles, we will be the ones to take them!"

COMMERCIALS

(Bruce Prichard approaches Jimmy Garvin and Precious in the dressing room)

Prichard: "Jimmy, I wanted to find out if you guys got David Shultz his money as I know he approached you in Amarillo and cost you a match…."

Garvin: "Eric says he's got it handled…..so I certainly hope so…" (Embry walks in smiling from ear to ear) "Well, did you get the money?"

Embry: "Yep….already gave it to Shultz and he's happy as a clam….all taken care of…."

Garvin: "Where did you get the money? You said last week you lost it!"

Embry: "Well, let's just say I worked out a deal with somebody and he gave me the cash…..we just have to take care of something for him…and we're free and clear."

Garvin: "Take care of something? For who? What have you gotten us into now?"

Embry: "No worries Jimbo! Not a big deal….we can handle it."

Garvin: "I told you, I hate when you call me JIMBO and thank God that Ronnie isn't here tonight, he's going to find out that we paid Shultz and then we'll have him to deal with."

Embry: "I'd rather deal with Ronnie than Shultz…"

Garvin: "I'm not so sure about that…."

MATCH #2:

NWA World Lightheavyweight Championship

Chris Benoit pinned Steve Simpson with a bridging German suplex

COMMERCIALS

(Marc Lowrance runs down the card for this Saturday in Houston)

World Class Championship Wrestling

Sam Houston Coliseum

Houston, TX

Saturday Jan 25, 1986

Bell time- 7pm

MAIN EVENT

NWA North American Championship

STEEL CAGE REMATCH

Big John Studd w/Percival Pringle III

Vs.

Bruiser Brody

SEMI-MAIN EVENT
WCCW Six Man Tag Team Championship

Kerry/Kevin/Lance Von Erich

Vs.

Hot Stuff/Hyatt International w/Missy Hyatt

NWA North American Tag Team Championship

The Funk Brothers (Terry/Dory Jr.)

Vs.

The Moondogs (Spot/Rex)

Chris Benoit

Vs.

"Flamboyant" Eric Embry

NWA Texas Heavyweight Championship- REMATCH

No Time Limit/No DQ

Ronnie Garvin

Vs.

"Dr. D" David Shultz

WCCW Television Championship- REMATCH

"Iceman" King Parsons

Vs.

"Gorgeous" Jimmy Garvin w/Precious

The Dream Team (John Tatum/Jack Victory)

w/Luscious Johnny V.

Vs.

DJ Peterson/Brian Adias

The Mighty Kokina w/Gary Hart

Vs.

Steve Simpson

(Card Subject to Change)

MATCH #3:

"Dr. D" David Shultz pinned Chris Kilgore after a piledriver

(Shultz grabbed a microphone)

Shultz: "Ronnie Garvin, if you think that fight we had at Gilley's was bad…I've only just begun to beat you’re ass! Your brother and his goofball buddy are ok by me now….they paid me plus a little extra so if they need my help again….I'll be glad to offer my services…..and since I'm all about making money….I think I'll take that Texas belt of your's too while I'm at it."

COMMERCIALS

MATCH #4:

Lance Von Erich pinned Will Owens with a sunset flip off the top rope

(VTR- Dutch Mantell is standing outside Gilley's Bar)

Dutch: "I'm highly frustrated right now because I came here to get my hands on Austin Idol to get revenge and I'm not getting the opportunities I was promised, Idol….I'm calling you out right now to come face me like a man…anywhere….anytime….and it doesn't matter where you go I will hunt you down and get revenge….one way or another….that's a promise!"

NEXT WEEK ON WCCW:

International Wrestling Legend Antonio Inoki in action

The Fantastics (Bobby Fulton/Tommy Rogers)

Vs.

"Hot Stuff" Eddie Gilbert/"Hustler" Rip Rogers

w/Missy Hyatt & The Steiner Brothers

And much, much more!!

MATCH #5:

The Mighty Kokina/Makhan Singh/Ottmhan Singh w/Gary Hart pinned Randy Watson/Sammy Hall/Bad Boy Burns after a 'big splash'

COMMERCIALS

MATCH #6:
MAIN EVENT

REMATCH

"Nature Boy" Ric Flair pinned Terry Funk after Eric Embry interfered while Jimmy Garvin distracted the referee

© 1986 Southwest Sports Inc./National Wrestling Alliance

Oh man what kind of deal did Embry make??? I don't think he wants to mess with the Funks. Looking forward to the Studd/Brody rematch, that's sure to be a wild one. Same goes for Dr. D and Garvin. Lots of good angles being set up. I'm liking the Dream Team/Moondogs program. Also like Dutch Mantel calling out Idol. Man so much good stuff happening in WCCW!

Sam Houston Coliseum

Houston, TX

Saturday Jan 25, 1986

Bell time- 7pm

The Mighty Kokina w/Gary Hart pinned Steve Simpson after a legdrop

The Dream Team (John Tatum/Jack Victory) w/Luscious Johnny V. defeated DJ Peterson/Brian Adias when Victory pinned Peterson with his feet on the ropes

WCCW Television Championship- REMATCH

"Iceman" King Parsons pinned "Gorgeous" Jimmy Garvin w/Precious when Terry Funk came to ringside and kissed Precious which distracted Garvin enough to get rolled up by Parsons

NWA Texas Heavyweight Championship- REMATCH

No Time Limit/No DQ

"Dr. D" David Shultz pinned Ronnie Garvin after a brutal chair shot that split Garvin's head open to win the Texas Championship

"Flamboyant" Eric Embry defeated Chris Benoit by DQ when Terry Funk blatantly ran in at the 11 minute mark and attacked Embry with his branding iron

NWA North American Tag Team Championship

The Funk Brothers (Terry/Dory Jr.) defeated The Moondogs (Spot/Rex) when Dory pinned Rex after an airplane spin

SEMI-MAIN EVENT

Kerry/Kevin/Lance Von Erich defeated Hot Stuff/Hyatt International (Eddie Gilbert/Rick Steiner/Scott Steiner) w/Missy Hyatt when Kerry pinned Scott with a small package

MAIN EVENT

STEEL CAGE REMATCH

Big John Studd w/Percival Pringle III defeated Bruiser Brody when referee David Manning stopped the match due to excessive bleeding from Brody

Another outstanding card! Terry Funk kissing Precious is hilarious. I don't know who got it worse LOL, Garvin who saw him do that or Embry getting hit with the branding iron. This was defiantly the Funk's night. Dr. D wins the Texas Championship in a huge way. Studd also gets a huge win over Brody in the cage.

Apologies, but I'm finding it hard to keep track of who your champions are. Do you have a list posted? I couldn't find it.

Was Dr. D vs Ronnie Garvin a title change? Were there any (other) changes on the show?

Shultz over Garvin was a title change, I always add "to WIN the championship" rather than retain the championship in hopes of making it clear but I'll put a list up on the champions page in the next day or so.

Apologies, but I'm finding it hard to keep track of who your champions are. Do you have a list posted? I couldn't find it.

Was Dr. D vs Ronnie Garvin a title change? Were there any (other) changes on the show?

Shultz over Garvin was a title change, I always add "to WIN the championship" rather than retain the championship in hopes of making it clear but I'll put a list up on the champions page in the next day or so.

Ah, yes... I see that now.

(Sorry guys, it's been a crazy couple of weeks at work but hopefully on Sunday I can get caught up on feedback on everyone's shows)

World Class Championship Wrestling TV Recorded at the Sportatorium in Dallas, TX on 1/30 Airing on Friday 1/31 on WTVT throughout Texas And various outlets across the Southwest. Hosted by Bill Mercer and Bruce Prichard Ring Announcer/Interviewer: Marc Lowrance

(The show opens with Bill Mercer and Bruce Prichard standing in front of the WCCW logo)

Mercer: "We have a great show in store for you today fans as one of the top tag teams in the NWA, The Fantastics (Bobby Fulton/Tommy Rogers) will be here to face Hot Stuff/Hyatt International along with Missy Hyatt."

Prichard: "The problem for the Fantastics is they don't know what combination of the Hot Stuff/Hyatt International they will face tonight."

Mercer: "That's true Bruce, any two of the four are a formidable duo. We're also going to see the world famous Antonio Inoki taking on Percy Pringle's Grappler!"

Prichard: "Inoki has his hands full taking on the Grappler here at the Sportatorium."

Mercer: "Speaking of people having their hands full..how about Terry Funk last Saturday night in Houston getting some revenge on Garvin and Embry?"

Prichard: "That was just disgraceful Bill Mercer, Terry Funk should be ashamed of his actions against two upstanding men such as Jimmy Garvin and Eric Embry, and I won't even mention his assault on Precious!"

(Footage rolls of Funk coming to ringside kissing Precious causing Garvin to get rolled up and pinned by King Parsons, and then Funk attacking Embry causing Chris Benoit to be DQ'd)

Mercer: "We'll hear from Embry and Garvin right after our opening match!"

MATCH #1:

Shane Douglas w/Mr. Wrestling 2 defeated Tiger Kid with a running knee lift

(Bruce Prichard approaches Eric Embry, Jimmy Garvin, and Precious in the locker room)

Prichard: "Guys, what a travesty in Houston last week.Terry Funk was relentless"

Garvin: "Oh, not just last week Bruce.now we just got told this Saturday in Amarillothe Funks hometown Embry and I are teaming with Ric Flair to take on the Funks and some mystery partner? Who the heck could that be?"

Embry: "You think it will be Leatherface? I bet it's going to be Leatherface!"

Garvin: "Why would it be Leatherface? Who would even think of that?"

Embry: "Exactly! That's why he's the perfect choiceyou'd never expect it.except I did expect it.so now they'll probably get someone else.I bet it will be Andre the Giant! Oh God, I hope it's not Andre the Giant, he's freaking huge."

Garvin: "Well of course he's huge.he's a giant.Dammit, now you have me babbling nonsense like you."

Embry: "It's not nonsense Jimmy, Giants ARE huge." (Ronnie Garvin busts in before he can finish and gets in Embry's face)

Ronnie: "I told you two that if I found out that you guys paid Shultz there was going to be trouble.well now I know for a fact that Embry paid him.I'm pretty sure you were behind it Jimmy, but this idiot handed him the money last week so I now I'm going to make good on my promise.I just went to Frank Dusek and got the match made for tonight.you and me, Embry in the main event."

Embry: "Look Ronnie, you are my best friend's brotherwhich practically makes us brothers. I'm like an honorary Garvin, brothers don't fight" (Garvin slaps Embry across the face)

Ronnie: "You listen to me and you listen good..We aren't brothers, we aren't friends and tonight I will teach you to stay out of my businessand Jimmy, you better pay attention to what happens to your little buddy here." (Ronnie storms away muttering "honorary Garvin")

Embry: "Yall's mama shoulda hugged him more.he's got issues, Jimmy."

Garvin: "We better figure something out because now HE has an issue with YOU!"

COMMERCIAL

MATCH #2:

Antonio Inoki pinned The Grappler w/Percival Pringle III after an enziguiri kick

(VTR- Marc Lowrance is on location at the Double Cross Ranch with Terry and Dory Funk Jr)

Marc: "Fans I'm here at the infamous Double Cross Ranch in Amarillo, Texas and Terry Funk says he has some things on his mind."

Terry: "Last week in Houston, people think I did a number on Jimmy Garvin and Eric Embry.and I guess I got their attention and I know I got the attention of little Miss Preciousand Marc, believe me she was kissing me back, I nearly couldn't get away from her. But if you think what I did to those two in Houston was something you wait til you see what myself, Junior, and our mystery partner is going to do to Garvin, Embry, and that bleach blond buffoon Ric Flair."

Marc: "Can you tell us who the mystery partner is going to be?"

Terry: "Now dammit, Lowranceeverybody knows the key element to a mystery partner is the mystery.if I tell you who it is there is no mystery! Now you're acting like that Embry kid.that guy is a few bricks shy of a full load you know what I mean there Marcus?"

Marc: "I think I do, Terry."

Dory: "I can promise you when we get through with those three in Amarillo, they won't ever wanna face the Funks again.but let me tell you one thing Ric Flair, I want you to take a message back to your Horsemen buddies Ole and Arn Anderson, you tell them that the Funks are coming for them and those NWA World tag team Championships!"

Terry: "That's exactly right Junior, once we beat these clowns, I want Ric Flair to go crawling back to Charlotte and tell the Minnesota Wretching Crew that the greatest brother tag team in professional wrestling, the Funks are coming for them and those World Tag Team titles.and they will be coming back here to the Double Cross Ranch!"

(END VTR)

(Back in the arena Bill Mercer runs down the card for this Saturday night in Amarillo)

Sports Arena

Amarillo, TX

Saturday Feb 1, 1986

Bell time: 8pm

MAIN EVENT

First Blood Match

Big John Studd w/Percival Pringle III

Vs.

Bruiser Brody

SEMI-MAIN EVENT

Six Man Tag Team Grudge Match

Terry Funk/Dory Funk Jr./Mystery Partner

Vs.

"Nature Boy" Ric Flair/"Gorgeous" Jimmy Garvin/"Flamboyant" Eric Embry

Kevin/Kerry/Lance Von Erich

Vs.

Makhan Singh/Ottmhan Singh/Austin Idol w/Gary Hart

NWA Texas Heavyweight Championship

TEXAS DEATH MATCH

"Dr. D" David Shultz

Vs.

Ronnie Garvin

Chris Benoit

Vs.

Shane Douglas w/Mr. Wrestling 2

MOONDOG RULES TAG TEAM MATCH

The Moondogs (Spot/Rex)

Vs.

The Dream Team (Jack Victory/John Tatum)

w/Luscious Johnny V

"Iceman" King Parsons (WCCW Television Champion)

Vs.

Black Bart

The Mighty Kokina w/Gary Hart

Vs.

"Exotic" Adrian Street w/Ms. Linda

Rick/Scott Steiner w/Eddie Gilbert & Missy Hyatt

Vs.

Brian Adias/DJ Peterson

COMMERCIALS

MATCH #3:

The Fantastics (Bobby Fulton/Tommy Rogers) defeated "Hot Stuff" Eddie Gilbert/"Hustler" Rip Rogers w/Missy Hyatt & The Steiner Brothers when Fulton pinned Rip Rogers after a 'Rocket Launcher' splash.post match, Rick & Scott Steiner attacked the Fantastics and left them laid out in the ring

NEXT WEEK ON WCCW:

Revenge Match

The Steiner Bros. w/Eddie Gilbert & Missy Hyatt

Vs.

The Fantastics (Bobby Fulton/Tommy Rogers)

Bullwhip on a Pole Match

"Dirty" Dutch Mantell

Vs.

Austin Idol w/Gary Hart

WCCW Television Championship

"Iceman" King Parsons

Vs.

"Outlaw" Ron Bass

Plus much more!

MATCH #4:

MAIN EVENT

Ronnie Garvin vs. "Flamboyant" Eric Embry

Before the match, Jimmy Garvin pleaded with his brother to cancel the match and not go through with it. Ronnie told Jimmy to "stay out of his business" and pushed him aside.The bell rang and the match began, for several minutes Garvin stretched and abused Eric Embry until finally Embry motioned for someone to come to the ring, this brought 'Dr. D' David Shultz to the ring who immediately slid in and attacked Ronnie Garvin..Shultz and Embry double teamed Ronnie, Jimmy Garvin finally came to ringside with a baseball bat and looked like he was about to clean house, but he stopped short and grabbed the microphone, "Hey Ronnie, this is mestaying out of your business." With that he laid the bat down on the ring apron and went back up the aisle as Shultz repeatedly jabbed Ronnie in the ribs with the bat until he started spitting up blood.the show went off the air with Embry and Shultz still beating on Ronnie Garvin who at this point is a man with no allies

© 1986 Southwest Sports Inc./National Wrestling Alliance

Wild end to another fun show. Embry continues to crack me up. I can't imagine how Dr.D is going to react to him LOL. Ron Garvin is one of the only guys in the business who can stand alone. Love the Steiners getting some heat on the Fantastics. Terry Funk is acting crazier than ever. Man your next Amarillo card is stacked!