Pro Wrestling Only

Hall of Fame 2018

flyonthewall2983

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can understand that when you're taking out Hendrix and basically everything that was ever used in the territory days or ECW, but why that song isn't available to them is a mystery to me. I think Koko B. Ware's theme is like that too.

My guess is that they can't find whoever wrote it and/or the publisher who owns it. Sometimes it's not just the cost, it's the work to find someone to clear it. It's not a Jimmy Hart song per the credits on The Wrestling Album.

And I bet a lot of people were expecting or hoping for the original theme, since it has a strong association to him. Not all fans are aware of music modifications on the Network. Nor were they seeking out Jim's matches in droves to learn that.

That song always gets edited out of Network shows/DVDs so I don't think anyone was expecting it. Would have been nice, but music rights for stuff pre-digital era can get messy.

This is what bugs me about the network. When I get round to watching Mania 2001 as soon as I get to the battle royale I have to pause it load Dailymotion up watch the battle royal there and then skip back to the network when done.

Its one WWE song I wish wasent edited.

The song was written by Doc Pomus, an all-time legendary songwriter who's responsible for basically half or more of Elvis' catalogue. Even for something as tossed-off as that it may not come cheap to re-up the rights.

Its Jims Sirius/XM show on the Outlaw Country stations intro. I imagine deals with them are different.

Oddly Freebird is still playing in The Freebirds for their Hall induction, so who knows.