Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 01/22 - 01/28

KawadaSmile

Something unremarked upon amongst all the Raw anniversary talking points that I kinda noticed was how pointless Jeff Hardy's cameo in the poker segment was. He literally didn't say a word. Has there ever been anyone who was a star who was presented as that much if a nobody? I know Jeff is 40 and is probably breaking down but he could still be a guy who main events a Raw PPV in the veteran babyface role if they wanted him to. I know Matt looks like shit now but Jeff can still be worth something.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As weird as it would be for the men's match to open the Royal Rumble PPV, I can't see them doing all this (the announcement itself main evented Raw don't forget) and have the Princess at ringside just to have them jerk the curtain.

It wouldn't suprise me to have Rhonda as a suprise 30 entrant to win the thing but then Steph leaves commentary and throws her out as she announces she was 31st entrant.

As weird as it would be for the men's match to open the Royal Rumble PPV, I can't see them doing all this (the announcement itself main evented Raw don't forget) and have the Princess at ringside just to have them jerk the curtain.

Having the usual winner celebrating and pointing to the sign would be quite jarring if instead of "Goodnight from Philly" with the WWE bug and fade out, it was followed up by "okay, next up..." and it was for the rest of the show, not the championship title match main event.

Guys, it's nice you think the women's rumble is that important to them, but it's not. It's hugely telling that neither Alexa or Charlotte are on the card, either defending their belts or at least in a special novelty match (I'd say with a stake but they never realize how important stakes are) against each other. They aren't even announcing. That's Steph. It's just a little bit of exploitation to go on first to start the show. Steph gets the credit/attention. This isn't some massive trailblazing thing or even a trend. It sure as heck isn't main eventing the show.

lol owned

Guys, it's nice you think the women's rumble is that important to them, but it's not. It's hugely telling that neither Alexa or Charlotte are on the card, either defending their belts or at least in a special novelty match (I'd say with a stake but they never realize how important stakes are) against each other. They aren't even announcing. That's Steph. It's just a little bit of exploitation to go on first to start the show. Steph gets the credit/attention. This isn't some massive trailblazing thing or even a trend. It sure as heck isn't main eventing the show.

lol owned
Its nice to be pleasantly surprised once in a while. This is a time where Im more than happy to have been wrong.