Pro Wrestling Only

Wrestlemania Weekend 2018

Cap

I'm not sure how spread out the events are in NOLA but a word of warning from someone who went to multiple events last year in Orlando. Some shows either start late or run long which cause later shows in the same building to be pushed back. So if you have to travel from one event to another, take that into account. Dylan can probably speak to this more first hand from his experiences last year but that was the biggest criticism I heard, just timing wise & factoring in travel to & from the various shows.

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Orlando was a bad situation last year as it is a TERRIBLE traffic city, possibly the worst in the nation that time of year. NO is also a bad traffic city and i'm told venues aren't that close. We will never get another year like Dallas where you could literally walk from the WWN venue to the Wrestlecon venue (or NXT/HOF for that matter) in less than ten minutes, but it would be nice not to have spots spread across congested metro areas. In any event my advice to people would be to pick what troupe has the best stuff and attend only shows in one building for each day. It'll save you on stress, and with the quality stuff that's been announced everywhere it's hard to go wrong.

Orlando was a bad situation last year as it is a TERRIBLE traffic city, possibly the worst in the nation that time of year. NO is also a bad traffic city and i'm told venues aren't that close. We will never get another year like Dallas where you could literally walk from the WWN venue to the Wrestlecon venue (or NXT/HOF for that matter) in less than ten minutes, but it would be nice not to have spots spread across congested metro areas. In any event my advice to people would be to pick what troupe has the best stuff and attend only shows in one building for each day. It'll save you on stress, and with the quality stuff that's been announced everywhere it's hard to go wrong.

This was what we shot for but Saturday could get messy for me getting from CZW to ROH since in my experience ROH tends to run on time.

Apparently the Lousiana Boxing and Wrestling Commission has banned Blood and Piledrivers.

Talk about throwing a wrench into things... I can see some indy show having a rudo referee for the match trying to stop a técnico from doing a piledriver, only for a ref. bump occurring and a rudo hitting a piledriver for the finish.

Chris Dickinson vs Dan Severn announced for Bloodsport.

At first I was like "That sounds bad" and then I began to think Dickinson might be dumb enough to attempt to shoot on Severn.

Im just hyped getting to see Severn.

Holding out hope that Janela gets added to that show, too.

Chris Dickinson vs Dan Severn announced for Bloodsport.

This has the potential of being the best card this weekend.

If only GCW would take more of this type of approach regularly instead of the buffoonery it does with having death match workers sniffing cocaine mid match...

Buffoonery? It is called WORKING!
I don't mind death matches, but having guys shoot/work snorting cocaine during death matches in front of children who are in the crowd is not cool...

Any kids being brought to those shows probably see far worse at home. Just saying..

EDIT: For the record, I don't have any idea what spot Edwin is talking about. I watched every Game Changer show from 2017 and have no memory of such a spot. I'm assuming it was one of the recent shows, and I'm also assuming it's Shlak doing said cocaine.

Any kids being brought to those shows probably see far worse at home. Just saying..

EDIT: For the record, I don't have any idea what spot Edwin is talking about. I watched every Game Changer show from 2017 and have no memory of such a spot. I'm assuming it was one of the recent shows, and I'm also assuming it's Shlak doing said cocaine.

During Markus Crane vs. Shlak at GCW Hit 'Em Up, Lowlife Louie brings out a gigantic mirror and the deed with a CC and a straw/folded dollar bill and they do the deeds or at least it looks like they did the deed.

LOL. When I read your post, in my mind I was like, either Shlak or Crane. Sure enough. I might have told you this on DVDVR (if you're the same Edwin) but Game Changer is definitely not for everyone. Personally I think that sounds hilarious, and also impossible to know if a work or shoot. But yeah man, GCW might as well be renamed YMMV Pro.