Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 02/13 - 02/19

KawadaSmile

Seems like branded PPVs are over, again.

– WWE is reportedly set to make all PPV events dual-branded starting with Backlash in May. Wrestling Inc reports that Ticketmaster has sent an email to ticketholders for Backlash announcing that it is now a dual-brand event, with both Smackdown and Raw stars.

In addition, the WrestleVotes Twitter account reports that all PPVs will be dual-branded starting with Backlash and moving forward, citing “repetitive matches” and “so-so ticket sales” as the reason. WrestleVotes has broken stories in the past, such as Neville’s WWE departure. The account notes that weekly TV will remain separated.

WWE has yet to comment on this story.

It was interesting during the Ivory Hall of Fame video showing clips of GLOW and of Right To Censor. I guess those are the two most memorable things Ivory did. It's interesting seeing somebody from the original GLOW go into the hall of fame when the Netflix GLOW is making such a big deal this past year. And it's fun seeing clips from Right To Censor. I am kind of worried to go back and watch RAW on the network from their era, as I am afraid I might find that RTC was boring and uninteresting and not the great midcard heel group I thought it was at the time.

It's almost like WWE is cashing in on the popularity of the GLOW series by remembering they used to have someone that worked for the original group.

(yes, that was sarcasm)

Also BRAUN with the bass is clearly the most important takeaway of this week's show.

Thank god it's a new week of TV, I hated how the bassackwards dates looked in the other ones

Did you hate it so much that you're doing a live blog about it over at Segundo Caruda?

This is a joke I don't understand. Are my blog posts hate-filled? That doesn't seem right.

I like what they've been doing with Apollo Crews the past few weeks. This is not a view on Crews specifically but more of a commentary on the macro-level booking aspects of Raw. Sometimes you just need to put guys in there with stars above their level and let them sink or swim. Was Crews going to win that match? Probably not, but they're not selling the Elimination Chamber on him so it's not entirely out of the realm of possibility that he could sneak an upset win and qualify. That type of booking really freshens things up and I dig it.

Whereas on Smackdown it's the complete opposite. AJ only interacts with Owens and Styles. The US title guys only interact with the US title guys, etc.

It is a good match but there is NOTHING to it. Charlotte has no character, Logan has neither. It is literally just a match, which is awful considering you have someone great and someone who's risin.

SD's booking has been such pile of garbage that even though they got Corbin/Ziggler #35 out of the way by shenanigans, I still am expecting something awful to happen.

FUCK

Dear lord, Sami and Owens interrupt the Ziggler vs Corbin match. That takes up a segment. Now we're getting these four split into singles matches and as I'm typing this, Owens and Corbin went through a commercial break.

So this is potentially FIVE SEGMENTS devoted to the same shit on a two hour show. I think I'm throwing in the towel.

I will remain a broken record on this -- Charlotte needs to be a heel. Absolute aces in that role, while as a babyface she's not even insincere enough to get any heat for performances. Just nothing to care about.

She's such a natural heel. She's bigger than almost all of them. She needs to be a bully. I recently watched her match with Bayley on RAW Feb 2017, and it was terrific. She used her size and power to really beat the crap out of Bayley (who to her own credit took and kept fighting back).

What, she's gonna be intimidated by tiny-but-awesome heels like Sasha or Bliss (or even Asuka)? It just feels wrong, and I hate it because I like her very much.