Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 02/13 - 02/19

KawadaSmile

To me, the Ziggler thing can be explained as the WWE having enough money to basically do whatever they want in terms of their roster.

Here's another example - on a recent podcast I listened to (or maybe the story was in his book?), Jim Ross told a story about Roddy Piper asking about the white Bronco they used for WrestleMania 12 and, according to JR, Vince let him have the thing. Just handed him the keys to a brand new truck (I don't know anything about cars really, but what would it be worth? 35-45k?).

Or here's another one - I believe the WWE bought the Big Show his own charter bus, which probably cost them 750k to a $1 million. He still probably has a big contract too, so my understand is that the cost of the bus wasn't really factored into his contract (meaning its not like he makes $25k less every year until he pays back the cost of the bus). The cost of Big Show's bus in 2012 or whatever was worth it because it got rid of a headache and, in all likelihood, helped motivate a talent they wanted to keep around - even if only for his "halcyon days" (in 2012, which was the earliest mention of the bus I could find, Show started off the year putting over Daniel Bryan and Cody Rhodes in successive order).

With Ziggler, I don't really see a fear of him going elsewhere and becoming a star or anything like that, I see them looking at the guy and saying, "How much will it cost for us to keep this established, 'solid hand' on our roster? 250k a year? Pay it and let's move on." Ziggler, for all his huffing and puffing on Twitter, seems equally happy to be the highest paid job guy in the business.

WWE released Rich Swann

On his birthday...

Yup!

But I have no sympathy for him, honestly. He's an abusive idiot, and this was the inevitable result.

The charges were dropped - he was not cleared of them.

With that said, I hope it was a one-time mistake and he cleans up his life - I know he's been through a lot.

Stumbled onto RAW. Sasha vs Bailey was quite good. Nia Jaxx promo wasn't. And those awkward pauses....

I gotta admit, Braun and the upright bass (which Alvarez called a cello, meaning he doesn't know shit about music either) was quite funny. Especially with the French announcers who are obviously not being produced and freestyling as all hell. Elias has to be one of the most charismatic guy in the company right now.

Stumbled onto RAW. Sasha vs Bailey was quite good. Nia Jaxx promo wasn't. And those awkward pauses....

I gotta admit, Braun and the upright bass (which Alvarez called a cello, meaning he doesn't know shit about music either) was quite funny. Especially with the French announcers who are obviously not being produced and freestyling as all hell. Elias has to be one of the most charismatic guy in the company right now.

That segment was just so good. Those are my two favorite dudes.

To be fair, WWE uploaded a video to YouTube calling in a cello too.

WWE signed Mahabali Shera. They're really scraping the bottom of the barrel now.

There's actually a lot of really talented pro-wrestlers outside of WWE in pro-wrestling right now. Especially if you look at the rosters in Japan & Mexico, or even U.S. Indies. A lot of the more recent WWE signings kind of confuse me.

Of course, I don't know the status of various contracts or interest from outside parties to come to WWE. Maybe some of it is a case of not wanting to come to WWE for less money than they can make outside of it. But how many wrestlers are making money like Cody Rhodes or the Young Bucks? Maybe some of it is a language barrier too.

An example, I can't believe WWE haven't snatched up Jeff Cobb or Matt Riddle.