Pro Wrestling Only

[2018-02-25-WWE-Elimination Chamber] Roman Reigns vs Braun Strowman vs Seth Rollins vs Finn Balor vs The Miz vs John Cena (Elimination Chamber)

KawadaSmile

This was another great match. They did a very nice job of establishing all the competitors on an equal level, with no one getting the clear upper hand or looking that much dominant...

... at least until Braun appears. Then the match kind of turns into a game of survival, and that's what it's all about until the end. Braun is put over not as a Kane, or a Big Show, who got beaten by joint efforts in previous Chamber matches. Instead, he is put over as someone that even if you manage to pin for the three count, you are going to lose. Him kicking out of a dozen finishers and eliminating five people, one by one, was scary as shit, when you think about it.

He was like Jason Vorhees and the other guys were the designated victims.

But the match wasn't *just* about Braun. You had Elias being a smartass trying to make good use of his last entry position and picking up the scraps, and you also had Cena in a rare moment of despair, because his road to Wrestlemania might lead to a dead end.

You had Balor getting a HUGE shine against Strowman, and Reigns/Rollins are usually very good with their friendly foe dynamics.

In the end, Roman's victory ended up being a feat of survival, a fluke, more than anything else. Like Sarah Connor crushing the T-800 on the first Terminator. I dunno. Some movie reference.

This was garbage. A long, long, looooooong piece of garbage. Out of the 40 minutes it went, only about 30 secs or so were any interesting - those being when Cena entered full of charisma & swagger, being cocky as shit & getting right to Rollins' face. But yeah, overall a contender for the worst Elimination Chamber match of all-time & so far the worst match I've seen in 2018.

I appear to be one of the few that just really enjoyed this match. Elias' promo to start was just wonderful then you had a decent if slow opening segment til Cena comes in looking more and more like a grizzled Ace every day.

We all know the fun starts with BRAUN though. I happen to be a big fan of Braun murderkilling all the humans which means this match was just fun for me. How many times have we seen the let's-all-gang-up-on-the-monster story? To see Braun just power through all that Bullshit especially after the Shield Bomb was amazing.

Reigns won but who expected anything else and then Braun murders him too. I mean, has anyone in the last few years been as well booked and protected as Braun Strowman? If it works, it works.

****1/4

What a snoozefest. Elias pre-match promo was the highlight. This demonstrated how much the new Chamber really negates the whole gimmick, as they barely did anything with it before the very end. Plus it was the first real self-conscious epic Chamber's match. They really totally lost me by the point Elias had to get in. Braun's monster stint wasn't that impressive. And Roman bores the fuck out of me, big time, both as a worker and a character. Of course there's no heat at all, because it was a given he was winning, despite no one wanting that result. Braun isn't a monster because he kicks out of a thousand finisher, he's a monster because he kills people and destroys shit. But with the stupid state of mind that "epic = kicking out of finishers", we get this kind of overlong, drawn out, snail pace ending stretch with "epic" kick-outs (which aren't because all predictable) instead of simply Braun destroying one pod after the other and busting people up. Way too much cutesy spots too, since the match was basically a multi-man match inside the ring, with tons of awkward positioning and people selling for way too long to set up a "cool" spot. The post-match was really, really redondant with Nia busting up Asuka... Yeah, really not a fan. Lower tier.

Miz was Arn (seriously, he was the one bumping and selling to made everything interesting and having actual fun interactions), Braun was the MVP still. And Roman was in the Kane spot of boring the fuck out of me.

I don't see any greatness either. It was a decent match, just that. Nobody did anything out of his 'RAW mode', the cage was there... I don't know why. The opener had very good using-the-structure-moments, even without being RA Era levels of violence, but this one was dull af. They only made Strowman shine (and with the laziest booking ever in an EC match; as El-P said, Braun doesn't need to eliminate everyone and kick out of everything, that way you only make the other five guys look stupid), and only to make Reigns look like the most powerful wrestler in the world again; it was like his whole four-year-push compressed into one match. Reigns push has been funny to talk about for the first two or three years, but right now it's simply... boring. Crowd didn't gave a shit about him winning, and that's something. **3/4, to say something.

And you know what, I'm so happy the women EC was so much better than this one.

This was garbage. A long, long, looooooong piece of garbage. Out of the 40 minutes it went, only about 30 secs or so were any interesting - those being when Cena entered full of charisma & swagger, being cocky as shit & getting right to Rollins' face. But yeah, overall a contender for the worst Elimination Chamber match of all-time & so far the worst match I've seen in 2018.

oculd not agree more with thisfir me to agree with you Yaffa is no common before i was banned form CM our views on most things were polar opposites ot each other to get me an yaffa to agree on things shows how bad this was

• 2 months later...

Braun destroying people and getting all the pins in the beginning was fun, but overall a pretty by-the-numbers chamber match. Not bad, but not great. Just sort of a decent match that happened. Unless you have a few storyline hooks like the women's chamber had (Sasha and Bayley's growing tension, Absolution working together, etc) or a ring general who can hold everything together like A.J, chamber matches just aren't all that great.

• GSR changed the title to [2018-02-25-WWE-Elimination Chamber] Roman Reigns vs Braun Strowman vs Seth Rollins vs Finn Balor vs The Miz vs John Cena (Elimination Chamber)