Mid Atlantic Championship Wrestling- March 86

spaldoni

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MACW @ The Omni, Atlanta GA 3-11-86

Jimmy 'Superfly' Snuka vs. Ron Fuller

This match gets the sold out crowd going as they come out swinging. Fuller fires away on Snuka with some hard hitting punches. Snuka comes back with a flurry of knife edge chops. Fuller gouges the eyes and follows with a few thundering body slams. Fuller controls as he stomps down on Snuka and hits him with elbows to the back of his head. Fuller swings Snuka into the turnbuckles and charges in with a clothesline! Fuller swings Snuka into the opposite turnbuckles and charges in again but Snuka hits him with a foot to the face and lunges forward with a jumping headbutt. Snuka swings off the ropes, jumps up and hits Fuller with a diving headbutt and gets the pin!

Billy Robinson vs. Tony St. Clair

Instead of these two men brawling it became a contest to see who really is the more superior wrestler from the UK. Billy takes Tony down a couple times then arrogantly slaps his face. Tony keeps his cool. They lock up and Tony puts Billy in an armbar, spins around and puts Billy down with a slap to the chest. Billy is livid and charges at Tony, Tony back drops him then follows with a heel first drop kick. Tony swings off the ropes and crashes down on Billy with a headbutt to the mid section and follows with a hanging suplex. Tony covers 1..2..Kick out! Tony hops up on the 2nd turnbuckle and goes for a flying knee drop but Billy moves. Billy regroups and drops several knees on Tony. Billy executes a gut wrench suplex follows with a belly to back suplex then hits a side slam backbreaker and covers 1..2..Tony barley gets his arm up. Billy's frustration is showing as he hammers away on Tony with European uppercuts then wraps him up in the Abdominal stretch. Billy reaches and grabs the ropes for leverage. The crowd gets behind Tony and he's finally able to hip toss Billy over. Tony hits Billy with European uppercuts of his own then snapmares him over and drops an elbow. Tony covers 1..2..Kick Out! Tony picks up Billy but gets an eye rake. Billy throws Tony out of the ring. Billy goes out after him but Tony fires away with forearm smashes that knock Billy down. Tony starts to head back in the ring. Billy grabs a chair and WHACK! Billy loses it and hits Tony several times with the chair as the bell is ringing (signaling for the DQ). Officials come out to stop this as the fans let Billy have it.

US Tag Team Title Bout

Stud Stable © vs. The Nightmares

The Nightmares take control with arm bars and quick tags on Jimmy Golden. Fuller cant take it anymore and runs in and hits Davis from behind with a forearm smash. Wayne runs in and drop kicks Fuller back to his corner. When the Ref is guiding Wayne back, Fuller hits Davis with a clothesline. The Stud Stable takes control as Golden drops several knees on Davis then swings him into the turnbuckles. Fuller chokes away as Golden stomps. Fuller tags in and continues the assault. Fuller slams Davis then pushes him into the turnbuckles for more double teaming. Wayne runs over and punches away on both men. Davis gets a back drop on Fuller then makes the hot tag. Wayne drop kicks Fuller, Golden runs in and gets dropkicked. The Nightmares have a flurry as Wayne holds Fuller's arms behind his back and Davis drops from the top rope with a double axehandle to the head. Golden runs in to break it up. All 4 men are going at it. The Ref regains control and is sending Davis back to the corner. The Stud Stable hit Wayne with a double low blow. The ref turns around as Fuller cradles Wayne for the 1..2..3!

Mil Mascaras vs. The Cobra

An international match up here as the Cobra makes his MACW debut against the legendary Mil Mascaras. The two masked men are set to go as the bell rings. The early portion of the match is mainly a feeling out process. Cobra hits a knee strike and goes for a quick pin but Mascaras kicks out. Cobra gets control as he hits Mascaras with a series of drop kicks. Mascaras gets control with a headstand headscissors. Mascaras puts on a show as he hits Cobra with a drop kick, scoop slam and double underhook suplex but Cobra kicks out of the pin attempt. Mascaras swings Cobra to the ropes and bends down but Cobra almost pins him with a sunset flip. Cobra impresses the crowd as he hits Mascaras with a snap suplex. Both men get up and Mascaras grabs Cobra's foot but Cobra flips up and back then nails Mascaras with a running clothesline. Cobra covers 1..2..Kick out! Cobra picks up Mascaras and swings him towards the turnbuckles but Mascaras reverses it and swings Cobra into the turnbuckles then runs in and takes Cobra back with a monkey flip. Mascaras picks up Cobra for a body slam but Cobra fights it, reverses it and hits Mascaras with an inverted piledriver! Cobra covers 1..2..Mascaras gets his foot on the ropes. Cobra goes to the top rope and jumps off for the splash but Mascaras moves. Mascaras regroups and scoop slams Cobra then hits a vertical suplex. Mascaras goes to the top rope. Cobra staggers up and Mascaras hits him with a flying body press for the pin! The crowd applauds the victory and the match. Wait a minute! The Assassins hit the ring and attack Mil Mascaras! They stomp away on him as their manager, The Assassin tells them to keep it going. They double body slam Mascaras. The Cobra gets up and processes what's going on then stomps away on Mascaras! The fans boo. The Cobra gets up on the top rope. The Assassins hit a double backbreaker on Mascaras. The Cobra fly's off the top rope with a Senton Splash! The Assassin raises the arm of the Cobra as the fans boo.

Anything Goes Alley Fight

Brett Sawyer vs. Johnny Rich w/Paul Jones

These two are wearing jeans and T-Shirts and attack each other before the bell rings. They just brawl all over the place. Both are busted open within minutes. They take it to the outside and Rich chokes Sawyer with a cord. Rich goes to swing Sawyer into the steel post but Sawyer reverses it and slams Rich into the post. Sawyer regroups and pounds away on Rich. Jones runs over but Sawyer knocks him down with a punch. Rich hits Sawyer from behind. They keep fighting on the outside. Rich charges but Sawyer back drops him back into the ring. Sawyer goes to the top rope, jumps off and nails Rich with a flying leg drop! Jones hops up on the apron and is yelling at Sawyer. Sawyer goes over and grabs Jones by his shirt. Rich takes off his boot, staggers up and nails Sawyer on the back of his head! Sawyer falls back as Rich collapses on top of him. The Ref counts 1..2..3!

TV Title Bout 20 min time limit, if Prichard loses he leaves Mid Atlantic

Terry Taylor © vs. 'Doctor of Desire' Tom Prichard w/Rock Riddle

Another fast paced match between these two as they trade moves and go toe to toe. Prichard has his shine as he hits Taylor with a superkick and follows with a suplex and elbow drop. Taylor gets control with a jaw breaker and hanging suplex followed by a knee drop. At the 18 minute mark, they're trading punches, Prichard eye gouges Taylor and swings him to the ropes but misses a big punch, Taylor swings back off the ropes and hits a flying body press but Prichard takes the momentum over, grabs a handful of tights as the ref counts 1..2..3! New TV Champ!!! Riddle is beside himself. He grabs the TV title, runs into the ring and hugs Prichard. Taylor is on his knees with his hands on his hips, clearly disappointed. Riddle holds up Prichard's arm as Prichard holds up the title with his other hand.

'Mr. Wonderful' Paul Orndorff vs. Bruiser Brody

A very anticipated match up here as you can tell by the crowd's reaction to the announcements. No feel out process as they just blast away on each other with thundering shots. Orndorff shows off his strength as he hits Brody with a high knee then picks him up and body slams him! Brody goes insane and charges Orndorff but Orndorff back drops him and follows with a running forearm smash. Orndorff is in control until Brody just about takes his head off with a big boot to the face! Brody backs up and executes the jumping high knee. Brody covers 1..2..Kick Out! Brody picks up Orndorff and drops him with a heart punch then follows with a running leg drop. 1..2..Orndorff barley gets his shoulder up. Brody gets up on the top rope and goes for his jumping knee drop but Orndorff moves. Orndorff regroups and hits a forearm smash, picks Brody up and puts him back with a German Suplex. Orndorff hits a diving knee drop and covers 1..2..Kick out! The next few minutes are back and forth. The two are locked up by the ropes and both end up over the top rope. They continue to fight on the outside. The Ref reluctantly starts the count. Both men are trading fists as the Ref hits 10. The bell rings but they continue to fight all the way to the back as the fans cheer them on.

10 Man Tag Team Match

Ric Flair, Tully Blanchard, Ole and Arn Anderson, Chicky Starr w/JJ Dillon

VS.

Magnum TA, Carlos Colon, Terry Funk, The Road Warriors w/Paul Ellering

The crowd is on their feet and cheering as they feel the magnitude of this huge match up. The crowd goes wild as all 10 men start the match brawling. The Ref just lets them go. Magnum is hammering on Flair. Colon and Chicky are going at it. Funk is fighting with Ole Anderson as the Road Warriors are on the outside with Tully and Arn. The managers even get into it as Ellering pushes JJ down. After a few minutes the ref actually gets some kind of control. Everybody gets their moments in this match. The Road Warriors use their power moves as they put their opponents down with clotheslines, diving shoulder blocks and body slams. Funk is intent on fighting with the Andersons as he hits Ole with punches and a Brainbuster. Later he nails Arn with knife edge chops and a Hangman's neckbreaker. Colon impresses the crowd as he taunts Chicky with a cartwheel then nails him with a running forearm smash. Chicky wants no part and tags in Tully. Colon almost pins Tully with a bridging belly to back suplex. Colon hits a vertical suplex on Tully, then the crowd explodes as he tags in Magnum! Magnum gorilla presses Tully and slams him into the corner then points to Flair as the crowd comes unglued. Tully tags in Flair. Flair struts in and gives Magnum a 'WHOOO' Magnum hits Flair with a Thesz Press and just pounds away on Flair. This brings Flair's partners in and then everybody is fighting again. After the Ref regains control, Flair clips Magnum's knee from behind. The Horsemen and Chicky Starr get their time. Flair works over Magnum and puts him back with a vertical suplex. Tully tags in and drops several elbows on Magnum. The Andersons double slam Magnum and tag in Chicky. Chicky swings Magnum to the ropes and ducks down but Magnum kicks Chicky and tags in Colon! Colon comes in and hammers away on Chicky. In desperation, Chicky manages to tag in Arn. After Colon gets in offense, Arn rakes the eyes and pushes him into the corner. Colon is worked over. Chicky begs to tag in. Chicky hammers away on Colon and body slams him. Chicky puts his boot on Colon and chokes away. The Horsemen all put the boots to Colon, which brings everybody in again. The Road Warriors pound away on Tully and Arn. Magnum clotheslines Flair and stomps away. Funk and Ole are in the corner fighting. Chicky and Colon take the fight to the outside. Colon hammers away on Chicky. There's a stir in the crowd, Ron Starr runs down the aisle, pushes Ellering over, grabs a chair and nails Colon! Chicky joins Ron and they put the boots to Colon. The Road Warriors see this and run out. They start fighting with the Starr's on the outside. The Andersons are down, Tully is down. The Ref is distracted by what's going on outside. Magnum punches away on Flair then swings him to the ropes and hits the Belly to Belly Suplex!! Magnum is covering Flair when WHAM! My goodness! Terry Funk just hit Magnum with a branding iron! Tully is looking on in shock. Funk is standing there with the branding iron. Tully crawls over and puts Flair on Magnum and yells at the Ref. The Ref runs over and counts 1..2..3!!!!!! Hawk runs into the ring and sees Funk with the branding iron. Funk nails Hawk with the branding iron!!! Animal runs in as Funk leaves the ring. The Horsemen pick up Flair and head out. The Starr's stagger up and follow. The fans are more shocked then upset.

NWA World Heavyweight Title Bout

Rick Martel © vs. Mid Atlantic Champ Harley Race

There was a 5 minute break to let things settle down. The crowd got going again as the reigning NWA World Champion made his way down the aisle. Harley just stared Martel down the entire time. During the introductions, these two have an intense stare down. Martel starts off hot with hip tosses, arm drags and drop kicks. Race gets his turn with a scoop slam, delaying suplex and knee drop. Martel comes back with a back breaker and spinning spinebuster but cant put Race away. Race takes control with a headbutt and swinging neckbreaker, Race covers 1..2..Kick Out! Race picks up Martel and hits the Pendulum Backbreaker and covers 1..2..Kick Out! Race gets a bit frustrated and wraps Martel in the Indian Deathlock. Martel fights with everything he has and fights his way out. Martel hits Race with some forearm smashes then gut wrench suplexes him over. Martel limps around then scoop slams Race and follows with a knee drop and cover 1..2..Kick Out! The match goes back and forth for the next 10 minutes. At the 40 minute mark, Race gets the upper hand with a high knee. Race hits a belly to back suplex. Race drops a couple knees on Martel's head then picks him up for the piledriver, but Martel is kicking his legs and back drops Race over. The two are on their knees. They stand up and Race gouges the eyes. Race takes a moment then swings at Martel, Martel ducks, grabs Race and gives him an Airplane Spin but Race reaches out and grabs the ropes, both men crash down. Race staggers up, hits Martel and swings him into the turnbuckles. Race charges in but Martel lifts up his knees, Race crashes into the his knees and falls back, Martel goes out on the apron and hits the Sling Shot Splash 1..2..3!!!!!! The crowd roars as the Ref raises Martel's arm and hands him the world title belt. Martel raises it high to the cheering crowd.

A great beginning to Cobra's story. You established him as an exciting wrestler, and also a total bastard.

I like how you used the freelancers here. Mascaras and Brody need to look strong everywhere they go, no matter who they are facing.

Some good story-telling in the 10-man tag, and Funk's heel turn fits right in with what's going on in Texas.

The title match was exciting. It must have been hard to hold the crowd's attention with a long match after all that had gone before, but Martel and Race pulled it off.

Post Match Promo by Terry Funk, Recorded in the Omni Locker room

Terry Funk: I don't have to explain a damn thing to anyone but I will. I came here to do what I originally intended to do and that was to get my hands on those egg sucking dogs, the Andersons. Well, I did that. Now as for what I did to Magnum TA, well he just reminds me of those sissy Von Erich boys. There are just to many sissy's like the Von Erich's in the NWA right now. Don't you people see, I'm doing everybody a favor by ridding wrestling of these young punks. Now as far as hitting Hawk with my branding iron, did he think I would forget that him and his idiot partner cost my brother Dory and I the Crockett Cup and one million dollars? That no good low down dirty Hawk hurt my brother and I at the Crockett Cup with a cheap shot clothesline. Tonight, I just bided my time and administered some good ol fashion Funk justice.

Great use of all the PR guys in the 10 man. Perfect roles for everybody to play. The whole match was great and Funk's turn shouldn't surprise anyone who has been watching Texas. I like how you start the card off with a wild brawl and go to the intense British technical work, then the Southern tag. All big matches, but very different in structure to keep the crowd from getting burnt out.

What an amazing show! As mentioned the layout of the matches was perfect! Prichard finally wins the TV title he'd pursuing. The 10 man tag was everything it needed to be and then some! Great stuff from the Starrs and a great way to further Terry Funk's heel not to mention the history between Funk and Magnum here in our world it all made perfect sense. That match would be super tough to follow but Martel and Race did just that. Great work!

The Omni show was great! What a card.

Snuka with the win would really get the crowd going even if he didn't fly.

Fuller and Golden are a nice choice to be the US champs as they will do a great job getting some heat from all over the Mid-Atlantic.

Even if Mil Mascaras won't sell for anyone, he is great showcase and the crowd won't be getting an popcorn during his match.

A Rich/Sawyer match is always fun

I must say I was rooting for Terry Taylor against Prichard as if he lost, he would have to leave MACW and the UWF sounds like a great home for him. If this was the NFL, I might be in trouble for tampering here.

and the Funk turn no becomes classic! As would any match with Martel and Race. Great, Great show

MACW @ WTBS Studios- TV Aired 3-15-86

Schiavone: Hello again everybody and welcome to another edition of Mid Atlantic Championship Wrestling, with me as always David Crockett. David, lot going on in Mid Atlantic. We're coming off that huge Omni show and we have a new Television champion.

David: That's right Tony, the Doctor of Desire, Tom Prichard defeated Terry Taylor to win the title. We'll hear from the champ and Rock Riddle later on. Riddle will be a busy man tonight as his Fabulous Blondes will take on the Nightmares.

Schiavone: Boy, those teams have some history. Also tonight the Cobra will take on Chris Youngblood, Rocky Johnson will be in action as will Billy Robinson. The United States tag team champions, the Stud Stable will be in the ring.

David: Pedro Morales will be in the ring as well and in the main event, Terry Taylor will clash with Alexis Smirnoff. All that and we will have the much anticipated debut of 'Mr. Wonderful' Paul Orndorff.

Schiavone: Well David, I'm sure many people know this by now and that is Magnum TA has left Mid Atlantic. We want to take this opportunity and thank Magnum for all his contributions and fond memories.

David: Tony, Magnum leaves a huge void here but rest assured he's still a member of the NWA and we look forward to watching his career continue to blossom over in the UWF. Magnum will be in good hands with Bill Watts.

The 4 Horsemen and JJ Dillon come walking out.

JJ: Well boys, we hate to say we told you so but we told you so. The 4 Horsemen and Chicky Starr walked into the Omni and proved to everybody that they are the most dominating group in wrestling.

Flair: Whoo! You're looking at the best in the world, right here! You talk about Magnum TA, I gave Magnum such a beating that he packed his bags and left. Now, the Nature Boy moves on. The NWA is sending in the big guns to try and take this title from me. This weekend in Norfolk, Lutte sends in Raymond Rougeau to wrestle me.

Tully: Hold on Ric, don't even waste your time worrying about Raymond. When I was up there, I gave him a wrestling lesson and trust me he's not in the Horsemen's league. Speaking of the Rougeaus, next week his brother Jacques is coming in and thanks to my man JJ here, he's got to defend his Canadian International title against yours truly. This is great, Ric gets to beat up Raymond this weekend and I get to beat Jacques for his title next weekend. Boys, the next two weeks will be some serious partying.

Arn: As mentioned, you're looking at the most premier dominant group in the wrestling world. These 4 fingers represent the symbol of excellence. These NWA tag titles represent the best. Now, the Road Warriors claim they deserve another shot at these. It's obvious they have more brawn than brains.

Ole: Road Warriors, you might think your tough but I see right through you. You hide behind the muscles and face paint, all smoke and mirrors. The next time you get into the ring with the Andersons, I guarantee you're not walking out.

Flair: Whooooo! David Crockett, Tony Schiavone, the Horsemen are riding high and there's nobody that can bring us down! Whooooooo!

Schiavone: Ok fans, the 4 Horsemen, lets go to the ring.

Rocky Johnson vs. Roger Murphy

Johnson kicks off the show with a bang as he hits Murphy with a couple standing drop kicks then follows with a body slam. Johnson nails Murphy with a back breaker then rolls him over in the Boston Crab for the victory!

Commercial Break

Schiavone: With me right now is the former TV champ, Terry Taylor. Terry I know you must be disappointed but here you are tonight, ready for action.

Taylor: Tony, yes I'm upset, yes I'm disappointed but I'm not going sit at home and stew about it. No way! I'm going to get back on track and get that TV title back. It starts tonight with Smirnoff and mark my words, Terry Taylor will be champ again!

Schiavone: Ok, look forward to that match later on. Back to the ring.

Billy Robinson vs. Tim Straw

Robinson shows off his arsenal of take downs on Straw. Robinson swings Straw to the ropes and nails him with a running forearm smash. Robinson executes a double underhook suplex and gets the pin! The fans boo as Robinson heads to the podium.

David: Well Billy, it looked like frustration got the best of you at the Omni. I mean you and Tony St. Clair were having a dandy of a match and then you go crazy with a chair. Why did you have to do that?

Billy: David, I didn't have to do that, I wanted to do that. I proved in that match that I am by far the more superior wrestler. I countered everything that phony St. Clair pulled out. After it was obvious he wasn't a challenge, I wanted to rid Mid Atlantic of that wrestling imposter once and for all. I cant having him embarrassing the great UK any longer. Now everybody can enjoy watching a true wrestling great from the UK. And only a man with my reputation and honor can represent the UK like that.

Commercial Break

Schiavone: Fans with me right now is Number One Paul Jones and Johnny Rich.

Jones: Quiet Schiavone, Johnny has something to say!

Rich: (Bandage on forehead) I did it! I said I would do it and I did it! I whipped Brett Sawyer in the Omni and I ran him out of town. I cant tell you how good I feel right now. Paul, thank you so much for believing in me. You have done so much for me and because of you my career has been reborn. Johnny Rich is on fire!

Jones: I always knew you had the goods Johnny, you just needed somebody to help you unleash your full potential. Now, speaking of that, I want Wildcat Wendell Cooley to come out here. Wendell, come on out, lets talk.

The fans cheer as Wendell comes out. Jones and Rich are smiling at him. Rich pats him on the back.

Jones: Now Wendell, we talked this week and I know you weren't thinking straight. I have to say you must of been out of your mind because you have turned down my numerous offers to join the Paul Jones Army.

The fans cheer as Wendell gives them a smile.

Jones: Now I'm going to give you one last chance. I like you and can do wonders for your mediocre career. Johnny Rich is full proof of what I can do. Don't be a fool Wendell, join my army and you'll see what I can do for you.

Wendell: Paul, I told you I appreciate the offer but I'm not interested in taking shortcuts to get to the top. So my answer is still no. Thank you.

Wendell starts to walk away but Jones grabs his arm and swings him around.

Jones: You cant just come out and embarrass me like that!

Wendell pushes Jones. Rich grabs Wendell but Wendell hammers away on him. The Devil's Duo runs out and attacks Wendell. They start stomping away. The fans cheer as Rocky Johnson runs out and cleans house. Rocky picks up Wendell and helps him to the back.

Schiavone: Oh my that was quite a moment. Well it looks like Wendell has found an ally in one Rocky Johnson. Fans when we come back, the debut of Paul Orndorff.

Commercial Break

'Mr. Wonderful' Paul Orndorff vs. Gary Williams

Orndorff shows off his power by body slamming Williams several times. He swings Williams to the ropes and nails him with a clothesline. Orndorff picks Williams up and crashes him down with the piledriver for the pin! Orndorff heads to the podium.

David: Fantastic television debut for Mr. Wonderful. Fans now is a great time to mention that in May, Mid Atlantic will be sending 4 wrestlers as entries in the Johnny Rougeau Memorial Cup tournament. Those wrestlers will be Harley Race, Terry Taylor, Tom Prichard and my guest at this time Paul Orndorff. Paul, great to have you here.

Paul: Thank you David Crockett. I'm here to meet the best and beat the best.

The fans boo as David Sammartino walks out.

Sammartino: Whoa Whoa Whoa! Wait just one minute. This guy waltzes in here and automatically gets an entry in the Cup? I mean, what's that all about? Harley Race, I get, Tom Prichard, I get, Terry Taylor, well I sort of get, but this guy? This guy hasn't done anything here and he gets in? If anyone should be going, it should be me, the Great One.

David Crockett: Hold on David, this man is a former world champion and...

Sammartino: Key word, former. Now I've been beating legends fair and square so I should be going, plain and simple. I'll tell you what, if you have any kind of ethics, morals and guts then why don't you wrestle me here next week and put your entry on the line.

Orndorff: Kid, you want a match with Mr. Wonderful? You got one and yea I'll put my entry on the line. So it's on for next week and you better bring a lunch.

Orndorff rubs his hand on Sammartino's head and walks away as Sammartino throws a tantrum.

Sammartino: He's gonna pay for that!

Commercial Break

Fabulous Blondes w/Rock Riddle vs. The Nightmares

The Ref regains control as all 4 men started the match off with a brawl. Timbs works over Davis with some knee drops then drops a leg drop and tags in Crews. Crews waits for Davis to get up then takes him down with a flying shoulder block. Riddle is cheering his guys on. Crews tags in Timbs, Timbs swings Davis into the ropes and ducks down but Davis kicks Timbs and makes the hot tag to Wayne. Wayne stomps away on Timbs, Crews runs in and gets back dropped by Wayne. The Nightmares take control, swing Timbs to the ropes and nail him with a double back elbow smash. Crews runs in and gets a double drop kick back to his corner. Wayne body slams Timbs as Davis fly's off the top rope and hits a leg drop. Davis covers 1..2..Crews runs in and drops a knee which brings Wayne in. As the ref is guiding Wayne back to his corner, Crews jumps up and drops a knee on Davis then rolls Timbs on top. The ref turns around and counts 1..2..3! as Wayne is a second to late with the save. Crews helps Timbs to the outside as Riddle is jumping up and down hugging them.

Commercial Break

Schiavone: With me right now is the new TV Champion, Tom Prichard and Rock Riddle. Well Rock, your Agency seems to be on a roll.

Riddle: Tony, Tony, Tony, oh it's great to be alive, I just wish these idiot fans could show some proper respect for the Agency. You just saw my Fabulous Blondes lay waste to the Nightmares. Oh it wont be long before they have some gold and speaking of gold, doesn't that title look so good on The Doctor's shoulder? It just fits so well and you wear it well champ.

Prichard: Thank you Rock. Hey the Doctor of Desire is the real deal baby and this here title says so. My stock has risen and its only the beginning. I've got the TV title and in a few weeks I'm heading to Canada to win the prestigious Cup.

Riddle: That's what being an A lister is all about baby. You people are looking at a true superstar. AH Tony, it's so great to be around true professionals.

Schiavone: Oh brother, fans lets go to the ring.

US Tag Champs The Stud Stable (Rob Fuller/Jimmy Golden) vs. Steve Ramsey and Brad Kimber

The Stud Stable tear apart their opponents as they swing Kimber to the ropes, kick him in the mid section and double suplex him back for the pin! They head to the podium.

David: You guys looked terrific tonight and are enjoying a good reign as United States Tag Team Champions. I understand you have some news.

Rob: Why yes we do Tony. Now its some rather unfortunate news and it saddens even my heart to say but my brother Ron has gone on to other things. You see he's a business man and when business calls, well my brother goes.

David: This doesn't have anything to do with his loss against Jimmy Snuka at the Omni, does it?

Golden: Shut your dirty rotten mouth Crockett! How dare you! Ron Fuller fears no man let alone a savage like that Jimmy Snuka. Since you brought up Snuka's name, well lets just say he better have eyes in the back of his head.

David: Care to clarify?

Rob: Just be patient David, now lets talk about our reign as champions. We've beaten the Soul Patrol, we've beaten the Nightmares and we'll beat any team that gets in our way. David, my friend, you can sure bet on that.

Commercial Break

Schiavone: Fans I wanted to give you an update on the condition of Spike Huber after that assault by the Devil's Duo last week but we haven't heard from Spike since then. As soon as we here something, we'll let you know. Right now I've been informed that next week the Devil's Duo will take on the team of Wendell Cooley and Rocky Johnson, should be a good one. Well, joining me now is the Assassin along with the Cobra. The Cobra had a marvelous showing against Mil Mascaras at the Omni, but then after the match, the Assassins attacked Mascaras and the Cobra joined in. Care to explain?

Assassin: Tony, if your going to make a splash somewhere then you do it against the best in the world. The Cobra is one of the most gifted and athletic wrestlers in the world. The man is a wrestling machine and also a very wise man because he's accepted my services. I not only have the most brutal tag team in wrestling but now I have a wrestler who brings everything to the table. Now just watch what he does against Chris Youngblood.

The Cobra w/The Assassin vs. Chris Youngblood

I'm sure Mark Youngblood would be in his brother's corner tonight but he's booked in Lutte right now. Chris starts out strong with some chops then swings Cobra to the turnbuckles and follows with a boot to the face. Chris hip tosses Cobra over then hits a body splash and cover 1..2..Kick out! Chris swings Cobra into the opposite turnbuckles and charges in, but Cobra runs forward and hits a knee strike. Cobra drops several knees on Chris's head then picks him up and body slams him. Cobra gets up on the top rope and nails a Senton for the pin! The Assassin is yelling something at the Cobra. Cobra picks up Chris and drops him with a kneeling reverse piledriver! Cobra gets back up on the top rope and crashes down with another Senton! Cobra gives Chris a few more kicks then gets up on the ropes and again crashes down with a Senton! Wresters from the back come out. The Assassin raises the Cobra's arm to the booing crowd.

Commercial Break

Pedro Morales vs. Alex Portman

Morales body slams Portman then backs up. Portman staggers up and Morales takes him down with the Caribbean Lift for the pin!

David: Great win for a fired up Pedro Morales. Well, my guests at this time Alexis Smirnoff and the Iron Sheik, collectively known as the Caspian Empire.

Sheik: David Crockett, everybody comes out and talks about being the most powerful. Nobody is more powerful than the Caspian Empire. Terry Taylor, you get into our business and tonight you feel our power!

Smirnoff: Terry Taylor, I am no stepping stone to better things for you, its the other way around. You will be taught a severe lesson tonight.

David: Ok, that match is next.

Commercial Break

Terry Taylor vs. Alexis Smirnoff w/The Iron Sheik

The bell doesn't even ring as Smirnoff and Sheik attack Taylor and put the boots to him. They rip off his robe and start a beat down. Smirnoff drops a knee from the 2nd rope on Taylor's back and Sheik clamps on the Camel Clutch! The fans go into a thunderous roar as Hacksaw Duggan charges the ring!!! Smirnoff runs at him but Duggan clotheslines him! Sheik stands up and Duggan runs him over with a shoulder block! Duggan gets in a 3 point stance. Sheik staggers up and Duggan nails him, sending the Sheik flying out of the ring. Smirnoff hobbles up and Duggan takes him over the top rope with another clothesline! The show ends as Duggan helps Taylor up.

Oh what I show. I actually found myself smiling as Hacksaw hit the ring. This show did exactly what a show should do after a major show.... new talent comes in and you immediately get them into some sort of angle. Orndorff patting Sammartino on the head was great! Some feuds end and you start anew ..... Rich and Cooley!

MACW is on fire!

I liked that Orndorff/Sammartino segment as well. It tied something new in with what has been going on and that goes a long way. Cooley and Johnson as a tag team should be fun. Duggan makes a big impact and in a very fitting way. Looking forward to Duggan brawling with Smirnoff and the Sheik.

MACW @ The Scope- Norfolk, VA 3-15-86

Austin Idol vs. Iron Mike Sharpe

Sharpe rakes the eyes then starts pounding on Idol. Idol fires up the crowd with a comeback. Idol hits Sharpe with several forearm blasts then body slams him. Idol comes off the 2nd rope with a knee drop then swings off the ropes, jumps up and hits a flying elbow drop for the pin!

Tully Blanchard w/JJ Dillon vs. Scott Casey

Tully and JJ are arrogantly laughing and talking to each other as the bell rings. Casey catches Tully off guard and almost pins him in the opening seconds with a roll up. Casey continues the momentum as he swings Tully into the corner and follows with a monkey flip. Tully gets up but is dropkicked. Tully rolls out of the ring and is counseled by JJ. Tully gets back in but Casey swings him to the turnbuckles and charges in but Tully puts up both knees and floors Casey. Tully takes command and stomps away then drops several elbows. Tully picks Casey up and hits the Slingshot suplex for the pin!

The Assassins w/The Assassin vs. American Made (Kirchner and Kernodle)

American Made obviously hasn't forgotten when the Assassins assaulted them and cost them their match against the Caspian Empire. They charge the ring and take it to the Assassins. They hammer away on them and knock them out of the ring as the crowd cheers them on. They stay in control as Kernodle body slams Assassin 1 and tags in Kirchner, who follows with a knee drop and cover but Assassin 2 runs in to break the count. Assassins get control and work over Kirchner with some hard hitting double teaming. They pick up Kirchner and hit a double stomach breaker but Kernodle runs in for the save. American Made make a comeback and both hit Assassin 2 with a back elbow smash. Assassin 2 rolls to the apron and the Assassin runs over and puts something in his mask. Kernodle hits Assassin 1 with a neckbreaker, then Kirchner picks him up and nails the Fallaway Slam! The Ref guides Kernodle to his corner. The Assassin runs around and distracts Kernodle as Assassin 2 jumps off the top rope and hits Kirchner with a diving headbutt! Assassin 2 rolls Assassin 1 on top. The Ref turns around and counts 1..2..3!

TV Champ 'The Doctor of Desire' Tom Prichard w/Rock Riddle vs. Pedro Morales

Originally a non title match but Prichard announces he's a fighting champ and will put it on the line. Prichard tries to sucker punch Morales but Morales blocks it and pounds away on Prichard. He swings Prichard to the ropes and back drops him then follows with a running knee lift that pushes Prichard against the turnbuckles. Morales grabs Prichard and swings him into the opposite turnbuckles. Prichard hits hard then stumbles forward into another back drop. Morales covers but Riddle gets on the apron and distracts Morales. Morales runs over but Riddle jumps down. Prichard gets up and goes after Morales but Morales turns around and wails away on Prichard. Morales swings Prichard to the ropes and hits him with a shoulder block. Morales swings back to the ropes but is tripped by Riddle. Morales looks down at Riddle and has words but is hit with a flying knee to the back by Prichard. Prichard body slams Morales, follows with a gut wrench suplex then picks him up for a vertical suplex. Prichard gets up on the top rope and crashes down with a flying knee drop for the pin! The fans boo as Riddle runs in with the TV title and gives it to Prichard. Riddle holds up one arm as Prichard smiles and holds the title up with his other hand.

Johnny Rich and the Devil's Duo w/Paul Jones vs. Rocky Johnson, Wendell Cooley and a Mystery Partner

Everybody is in the ring and Jones is demanding to know who their partner is. The crowd goes nuts as Boogie Woogie Man Jimmy Valiant heads to the ring! Jones is having a meltdown. Valiant gets in the ring and everybody goes at it. The crowd roars as Johnson, Cooley and Valiant are standing tall in the ring. The match is a brawl the entire time. The finish comes when everybody is once again fighting in the ring. Jeff Sword grabs Jimmy Valiant and holds him from behind as Jones gets on the apron with his cane. Jones takes a huge swing but Jimmy ducks and the cane hits Sword. Jimmy drops an elbow on Sword and gets the pin as the others are still fighting in the ring.

Bob Backlund vs. Billy Robinson

When it comes to pure wrestling, doesn't get any better than this one. The first few minutes is back and forth action as both men hit various takedowns and counters. Things get heated as the have a strong forearm exchange until Billy rakes the eyes of Backlund and kicks him a tad low. Billy hits a Hangman's Neckbreaker but cant put Backlund away. Billy gets Backlund up in a Hammerlock/Bearhug combo but still cant finish Backlund off. Billy's frustration shows as he stomps away on Backlund's mid section, swings him to the ropes and hooks him in the Abdominal Stretch. The crowd cheers Backlund on as he hip tosses Billy over. Backlund regroups and comes back with a belly to back suplex. Backlund swings Billy to the ropes and nails him with a forearm blast. Billy swings at Backlund, Backlund ducks and nails Billy with an Atomic Drop. Backlund picks Billy up and gives him a running Atomic Drop just as the bell rings, signaling a 20 min draw. 20 minutes just isn't enough time for these two.

US Tag Team Title Bout

Stud Stable © vs. The Nightmares

The Stable vow that this will be the last shot the Nightmares get. If that's the case then the Nightmares are going all out here. The Nightmares take total control with quick tags and solid double teaming. They hit Golden with a double knee lift, Fuller runs in and gets a double back body drop. They continue to work over Golden until Fuller hits Davis with a knee from behind. The Stud Stable take control as they hit Davis with a double body slam. They swing Davis to the ropes and hit a double clothesline. Wayne runs in to break the pin attempt. As the Ref is guiding Wayne back to his corner, Wayne is hit by Golden from behind. The ref is checking on Wayne. Fuller hoists Davis up and Golden jumps off the 2nd rope as they execute the spike piledriver for the pin! Stud Stable retain the US titles.

US Title Bout

Ric Flair © w/JJ Dillon vs. Raymond Rougeau

Flair starts the match off with a strut then looks at Raymond and gives him a 'WHOOO" They lock up, Flair swings him to the ropes and Raymond comes back with a shoulder block, Flair gets up and Raymond takes him over with an armdrag and twist. Raymond works Flair's arm over for a few minutes. Flair gouges the eyes of Raymond and puts him down with a chop. Flair swings Raymond to the ropes and ducks down but Raymond fly's over him and hits a sunset flip 1..2 Flair kicks his feet against Raymond's head. Flair picks Raymond up for a delayed suplex and drops him back. Flair backs up and hits a running jumping knee. Flair covers 1..2..Kick out! Flair snapmares Raymond over and hits him on his back with a knee. Flair grabs Raymond and puts him back with a double arm suplex. Flair gets angry as he cant put Raymond away. Flair starts yelling at the ref. Flair turns around and gets a savate kick to the mid section from Raymond. Raymond grabs Flair and takes him over with a double arm suplex of his own. Raymond picks up Flair and puts him down with a backbreaker. Raymond covers 1..2..Kick Out! The fans boo as Tully Blanchard walks down to the ring. Raymond picks up Flair but Flair pokes him in the eyes and swings him to the ropes, Flair misses a chop and Raymond comes back with a cross body block! Raymond covers 1..JJ gets on the apron. Raymond heads over then Tully goes over and is yelling at Raymond. Flair comes up from behind but Raymond blocks his punch and puts him in the Sleeper! Flair is going crazy trying to fight it. JJ gets on the apron and the Ref goes over to warn him. Tully runs into the ring and clips Raymond's knee from behind. Flair regains his senses and hits Raymond with a Shin Breaker then wraps Raymond up in the figure four! Raymond fights it for as long as he can but the damage has already been done. Raymond submits and the Ref rings the bell. JJ gets Flair his US title and Flair holds it high to the Norfolk crowd.

Great, great show at the Scope! All seems right here as Valiant is right where he belongs going after Paul Jones. Ric Flair is trying to regain his mojo but it just doesn't seem like the Flair we had known for the first few years as now he is excited at hoisting up the U.S. title. It will be very interesting to see where this goes.

Rock Riddle is becoming a star here. I must admit I never heard of him before this project but from what I have read about him, he seems like he just never got the big shot.

I am also interested to see what happens to Austin Idol. He also seems to have had a fall from grace of late. He went from the UWF champ to opening shows. Certain wrestlers were huge because of where they were instead of who they were. For example, Tommy Rich was huge in Memphis and Georgia but would have been nothing in the WWF.

Thanks for the comments. Yea, behind the scenes Flair isn't to happy about his situation right now. I'm very fascinated with Rock Riddle and glad we can put guys like him out there in this world. Don't worry to much about Austin Idol, big things are heading his way. Right now Mid Atlantic is putting him on house shows to get his chemistry going with the fans. He'll be making his TV debut next week and I think you'll like his first angle.

MACW @ The Coliseum, Richmond VA 3-16-86

Tony St. Clair vs. Pat Rose

Tony arrived today from Canada but there's no evidence of jet lag as he looks sharp in the ring tonight. Tony swings Pat to the ropes and hits him with a diving headbutt to the mid section then follows with a hanging suplex. Tony gets up on the top turnbuckles. Pat staggers up and Tony hits him with a flying body press off the top rope for the pin!

David Sammartino vs. Kelly Kiniski

Kelly has control as he body slams David then follows with an atomic drop that sends David through the ropes. After arguing with the fans David gets back into the ring and Kelly quickly cradles him 1..2..David barley kicks out. Upset, David rakes the eyes then body slams Kelly. David stomps away then backs up and hits a running jumped delayed knee drop. David finishes off Kelly with a Backbreaker Rack for the pin!

Soul Patrol vs. Fabulous Blondes w/Rock Riddle

Good back and forth match with solid work by both teams. Blondes take control with a double elbow smash off the ropes to Sugar. Timbs body slams Sugar and follows with several knee drops. Crews comes in and drops an elbow off the 2nd rope and covers but Norvell breaks the count. Soul Patrol make a comeback with a double back drop on Crews, Timbs runs in and gets a double back drop. Norvell headbutts Crews and follows with an elbow drop and cover but Timbs breaks the count. All four men are in the ring fighting. The Ref is guiding Sugar back to the corner, Riddle gets on the apron and is yelling at Norvell. Norvell grabs Riddle but gets a flying knee to the back by Timbs. The Blondes hit a double facelock drop on Norvell, the Ref runs over and counts 1..2..3! The Blondes go to the outside and Riddle is jumping up and down hugging them. A few moments later, Sugar is helping Norvell up but Norvell pushes him and an argument follows. Cooler heads prevail as they end up walking out together.

The Cobra w/The Assassin vs. Nick Kiniski

Nick starts with some fire as he takes the Cobra off his feet with a couple hip tosses and drop kicks. Cobra takes control with a striking knee. The Cobra works Kiniski over then finishes him off with a Kneeling Reverse Piledriver for the pin! After the match, the Assassin gave some instructions to the Cobra. The Cobra stomped away on Nick, then got up on the top ropes and came down with a Senton!

Mr. Wonderful Paul Orndorff vs. Chick Donovan

A lot of people paid for a ticket to see Mr. Wonderful in action and he delivered. Paul hits a Vertical suplex then follows with a diving knee drop. The fans boo as David Sammartino comes to the ring. He tries to distract Paul but Paul decides to send David a message. Paul hits a forearm drop then picks up Donovan and puts him back with a German Suplex. Paul points down at David and signals for the piledriver. Paul hoists Donovan up and crashes him down with the piledriver! The Ref counts as Paul holds up his fingers and counts towards David. The fans cheer as Paul invites David into the ring. David thinks twice and walks away as the fans heckle him.

Hacksaw Duggan and Terry Taylor vs. The Caspian Empire (Sheik and Smirnoff)

The fans boo as Sheik and Smirnoff taunt them from the ring. The boos turn to a cheering roar as Duggan and Taylor hit the ring. Duggan and Taylor hammer away and clean house. Sheik and Smirnoff are livid and run back in the ring only to get pummeled back out. They charge back into the ring again, Taylor hits Smirnoff with a forearm blast that sends him to the outside and Duggan clotheslines Sheik over the top rope. After Duggan and Taylor get in a lot of offense, Sheik and Smirnoff finally get control. Sheik hits Taylor with a gutwrench suplex then tags in Smirnoff, who crashes down on Taylor with a knee drop from the 2nd rope. The Caspian Empire work over Taylor with double teaming. The crowd comes unglued when Taylor makes the hot tag to Duggan. Duggan plows over Sheik with a running shoulder tackle, Smirnoff runs in and Duggan takes him down with a shoulder tackle. Duggan picks up Smirnoff and slams him down. Duggan pounds away on Sheik, then backs up into a 3 point stance. Sheik staggers up as Duggan charges and blasts him with the clothesline! Smirnoff runs over but Taylor nails him with a flying 5 Arm! Duggan covers Sheik 1..2..3!!!

Mid Atlantic Title Bout

Harley Race © vs. Superfly Jimmy Snuka

Good hard hitting match up. A few minutes in, Harley headbutts Snuka but just about knocks himself out. Snuka grabs Harley and puts him down with a jumping headbutt. Snuka follows with a jumping knee drop and cover but Harley kicks out. Snuka scoop slams Race, follows with a backbreaker and cover but still cant put Harley away. Harley gets control with a flying high knee followed by a belly to belly suplex and cover but Snuka kicks out. Race hoists Snuka up for vertical suplex, holds him there and falls back. Harley executes a swinging neckbreaker and cover 1..2..Snuka barely kicks out. Harley is frustrated. Harley swings Snuka to the ropes, misses a clothesline attempt and Snuka comes back with a flying body press 1..2..Harley kicks out as the fans thought they had a new champ. Snuka hits Race with some knife edge chops, then grabs Race by his head, jumps up and nails Race with a jumping headbutt. The fans roar as Snuka climbs to the top rope, all of the sudden he's pushed off the top rope by Blackjack Mulligan!!! The fans are in shock as the Ref signals for the DQ. The bell is ringing as Mulligan goes in and stomps away on Snuka. Mulligan body slams Snuka and stomps on his head then goes down and clamps on the Claw! Mulligan is squeezing away as the bell continues to ring. Harley looks on then calmly rolls out of the ring. Mulligan keeps the claw on until other wrestlers from the back come out to stop this. Mulligan raises his black glove in the air as the fans boo.

NWA World Tag Team Title Bout

The Andersons © w/JJ Dillon vs. Hot Property (Travis and Savoldi)

Hot Property gets a chance of a lifetime tonight and the fans are 100% behind them. The Andersons don't look to worried. The Andersons spend the early moments working Hot Property over and straight up out wrestling them. JJ is smiling as he goes up on the apron and towels off Arn's forehead. An arrogant slap by Arn on Travis is the spark Hot Property needed. They take control with solid tag team work. Travis swings Arn to the ropes and hip tosses him as Savoldi runs in with a drop kick. Ole comes in and gets a double forearm blast. Hot Property stay in control as they give Ole a double arm bar twist, that flips Ole over then they follow with a double elbow drop. Savoldi covers 1..2..Ole kicks out. Savoldi swings Ole to the turnbuckles and charges in then flips Ole back with a Monkey Flip. Ole gets back dropped to his corner and he tags in Arn. Arn runs in and Savoldi hip tosses him over and tags in Travis. Travis swings Arn to the ropes and hits a side slam. Travis covers but Ole runs in for the save. Savoldi runs in and drop kicks Ole back into his corner. Hot Property swings Arn to the ropes then hit their finisher, the double Hot Shot!! The fans are going crazy! Travis covers 1..2..No, JJ grabs the Ref's foot. The Ref gets up and is arguing with JJ. Hot Property are both yelling at JJ. Arn barley rolls over and tags in Ole. Ole nails Travis from behind with a flying knee to his arm. Ole takes advantage and works over the arm of Travis. Ole puts Travis's arm behind his back and slams him down with a hammer lock body slam. Ole wrenches Travis's arm and tags in Arn. Ole holds out the arm as Arn jumps off the top rope with a knee to the arm. Arn wrenches on Travis's arm, Savoldi tries to run in but Ole hammers him with a forearm blast, rakes the eyes and throws him out of the ring. Arn continues to wrench the arm, the Ref signals for the bell as Travis submits. The Andersons retain the titles! JJ runs in with the belts. The Andersons hold them high to the booing crowd. Later on as Savoldi was helping Travis to the back, Hot Property received a cheering ovation from the crowd.

Great cards here. You've done a great bringing Orndorff in and getting his feud going with Sammartino who you've made into a perfect chickens*** heel.

Speaking of great debuts...what a way to get heat on Mulligan coming in and costing Snuka his shot at Race. I love it!!

I like the Cobra joining up with the Assassin, this should benefit the both of them.

Looking forward to what you have planned for Hacksaw, great pairing with Taylor here!