Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 03/05 - 03/11

KawadaSmile

Roman got popped for using Adderall. I know it is considered a PED, even though there is some discussion surrounding it, but it is not a steroid. I really doubt people even take that in consideration. But hey, if he used ONE type of PED, certainly all the others can be possible, riiiiiiiiiight?

This case also reminds me a lot of people wanting Jinder's head on a spike due to his body transformation, just when his main push was starting. Never got popped. Meanwhile, Neville, who had a similar body transformation, barely got any comments about how he surely was using 'roids. One got tons of shit, the other one didn't. Neither were pissing fire.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Never getting popped" is never a reasonnable argument for drug use in sports. Just sayin'.

Also, Neville was largely considered as a good worker and he was used at his own small level on the C-show. Meanwhile, Jinder was a complete tool who only got his main event push because of his brand new, fresh and natural body (and the fact he was the masterplan to conquer the India market, yeah, that turned out well), who got speared to the main event status of the company and effectively killed the title matches (and interest in the brand) for the months he was in the spot. So yeah, different treatment indeed, because they weren't the same kind of workers and weren't recieving the same kind of a push, and whereas one's body was pretty much irrelevant, the other one was at least half the reason why he got his spot (again, with wonderful and exciting results).

Going back to Alberto Del Rio, I think a lot of people gloss over how integral to the whole package of presenting Del Rio that Ricardo Rodriguez was. I would argue that he is the reason Del Rio ever got over in the first place & WWE dropping him meant that Del Rio just started treading water as just another wrestler trading wins & losses with the rest of the roster.

ADR also used to have a lot more showcase to him. He used to come out in the nice cars with the scarf & dressing like a rich star. Then he was just a dude coming to the ring in trunks going through the motions.

The shine wore off but no one was trying to keep it polished.

I think it would be a mistake for WWE to bring him back. He's 40, with a ton of baggage & is not over. It's not really worth it. But there were moments when I thought that Del Rio was going to be big. The biggest I can think of was WWE giving him the 40-man Royal Rumble win. Then him losing in the Wrestlemania opener to Edge, that's pretty much that beginning of the end for his character.

"Never getting popped" is never a reasonnable argument for drug use in sports. Just sayin'.

Yeah, I'm just sayin' they should walk around using roids. Exactly that.

Let's pretend that Neville doubling in size is juuuust extra dedication to the lifting weights, or that he would get the same gigantic push in NXT if he looked the exact same as he did in the indies.

Besides, the fact that Neville wasn't as high on the card as Jinder means nothing, considering the vast number of lower card guys that got suspended over the years.

But hey, "that indian guy" sucks! Of course I suddenly care about roids now!

Bottom line, this is just another example of fans being very hypocritical.

Am I the only one who doesnt care all that much what enhancers wrestlers use?

Me neither, but the hypocrisy in the discourses is telling.

Come on people. JR never said anything about taking roids to get a job in the WWF in Beyond the Mat. He DID NOT SAY IT. It's all *individual choices* from "independant contractors". wink wink nudge nudge

I still want Cena to do a heel turn based on Lance Armstrong. With all the synthol he probably injected in his arms over the years, it's not exactly a stretch. Bitchy Nikki elbowing naysayers left and right at his side would be so much more fun than the dreafull stuff we get on top now.

Eddie certainly did damage to himself with non PED drug use, but he did have an enlarged heart from the stuff he did use for his job.

I personally don't care if anyone in WWE is on enough steroids or HGH or whatever to choke a horse, but when the company goes around patting itself on the back for its Wellness Policy that is blatantly horseshit when they want it to be, they should get called out on it.

"We care about the health of our performers" while you push guys who looks like they have a relief map of the Rockies on their backs. FOH with that.

According to the Wrestling Observer Newsletter, there is a rumor circulating that Roman Reigns vs. Brock Lesnar will not be the match to close Wrestlemania this year. Word going around is that the main event instead will be the Ronda Rousey and Kurt Angle vs. Stephanie McMahon and Triple H Mixed Tag Match.

The site reports that WWE may be starting to downplay Brock going forward because of his contract expiring and that Brock may be leaving to go back to UFC despite some within the company feel he will sign a new contract prior to Wrestlemania. The reason apparently for this downplay is so that it won't look like such a loss to the company if he leaves. They have also reported that the WWE hopes this will lead to the fans celebrating Brock's departure and rally behind Roman.
On the latest episode of 'Backstage in WWE with Brad Shepard and Jon Fisher', Shepard revealed that there are talks about Carmella possibly cashing in the Money In The Bank contract at Wrestlemania 34. However, the story is that she will cash in and be unsuccessful in winning the title.

On the episode, he also went on to explain that Carmella is on board with losing it. Here were his exact words on the subject matter:

“Well apparently from what I’ve heard she’s okay with it. She’s down to do it. She basically knows Asuka is going to be champ and she doesn’t have a chance of winning the championship from her so it’s kinda like, “You might as well make the most of losing. Why not WrestleMania?”

I would be so much more on board with Carmella using the briefcase to cash in on Asuka and win the title plus end her streak. There isn't any satisfying way to end Asuka's streak at this point. You can't use it to put over someone new because someone "new" is going to be seen as "not worthy" of ending an undefeated streak that's been going on like 2 years.

The best thing they could do would be to have Asuka lose the streak in a complete bullshit way and then have Carmella do everything she can to avoid giving her a title match until it finally happens 2-3 months later and ends in Carmella getting completely squashed.

I would be so much more on board with Carmella using the briefcase to cash in on Asuka and win the title plus end her streak. There isn't any satisfying way to end Asuka's streak at this point. You can't use it to put over someone new because someone "new" is going to be seen as "not worthy" of ending an undefeated streak that's been going on like 2 years.

The best thing they could do would be to have Asuka lose the streak in a complete bullshit way and then have Carmella do everything she can to avoid giving her a title match until it finally happens 2-3 months later and ends in Carmella getting completely squashed.

This post makes the most sense. I think ideally you want the streakbreaker to get a nice bump but Asuka isn't retiring after it ends (well, probably isn't) and so there's no need to make it seem like the end of the world. Different stakes than something like The Undertakers streak.

The only two satisfying ways of taking the belt off of Asuka at this point is making Ember Moon or Bayley beat her for it, as they are the only 2 women Asuka respects at all.

Id probably keep Asuka undefeated until Ember Moon debuts and beats her for the Womens belt.

Asuka undefeated from Mania till next years Mania would be better.

The only two satisfying ways of taking the belt off of Asuka at this point is making Ember Moon or Bayley beat her for it, as they are the only 2 women Asuka respects at all.

Id probably keep Asuka undefeated until Ember Moon debuts and beats her for the Womens belt.

Would that not be pushing Asuka down our throat..? 🤔

Would that not be pushing Asuka down our throat..?

Shes not featured as much on tv as overratted Braun Crapman has.