Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 03/12 - 03/18

KawadaSmile

At least we got "Moolah empowered women" to replace "charity is the new PR" as the go to Steph-sounding-like-a-clueless-idiot quote.

"Thanks to the fans for making their voices heard!" after this tone-deaf, totally unforced error is a pretty strong contender too. That's wording and messages you would only devise if you've grown up hearing corporate-speak and the word "yes" for your entire life.

I really don't know why they bothered. I mean WWE probably knew about it so why change their mind over what a few fans think.

Its not like fans are going to change WWE's opinion on Roman.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At least we got "Moolah empowered women" to replace "charity is the new PR" as the go to Steph-sounding-like-a-clueless-idiot quote.

"Thanks to the fans for making their voices heard!" after this tone-deaf, totally unforced error is a pretty strong contender too. That's wording and messages you would only devise if you've grown up hearing corporate-speak and the word "yes" for your entire life.

I really don't know why they bothered. I mean WWE probably knew about it so why change their mind over what a few fans think.

Its not like fans are going to change WWE's opinion on Roman.

Maybe we have different priorities but I think Moolah pimping out women, stealing their money, holding them back and ruining their lives is a much more egregious fault than Roman Reigns not getting over as a babyface in the way WWE initially wanted.

Isn't it possible that Triple H and Stephanie legitimately likes that the PR backlash forced their cranky old man dad to change his mind after trying to force a name from HIS generation with an obvious seedy past? Who knows if they argued with Vince about what a bad idea it was, but being the man with the big dick, Vince tried to force it on everyone and got his hand slapped for it through this? That is my theory. Stephanie is an idiot and she doesn't really know how to relate to people on a human level but she is smart enough to know this could and would happen, and it fits how they are trying to sell the change in plans.

Isn't it possible that Triple H and Stephanie legitimately likes that the PR backlash forced their cranky old man dad to change his mind after trying to force a name from HIS generation with an obvious seedy past? Who knows if they argued with Vince about what a bad idea it was, but being the man with the big dick, Vince tried to force it on everyone and got his hand slapped for it through this? That is my theory. Stephanie is an idiot and she doesn't really know how to relate to people on a human level but she is smart enough to know this could and would happen, and it fits how they are trying to sell the change in plans.

Given she was front and center during the Moolah tribute piece talking about how Moolah "empowered women", this seems unlikely.

The women's wrestling revolution thing is Stephanie's project, so she is the public face of it, whatever decisions made associated with the project, she is the one in front of, but the WWE is still Vince's. If Vince tells her to sell the idea, she will, even if she doesn't want to.