Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 03/19 - 03/25

KawadaSmile

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow... Ultimate Deletion was cut from the Hulu version of Raw, and Michael Cole called it "obnoxious" before the match. It may very well have been - I can't say because I haven't seen it yet - but this feels like a straight-up burial and reeks of Vince turning against a character and idea that wasn't his own.

It really wasn't a burial, dude. Are we forgetting that he was WWE Champ beating AJ Styles and John Cena on the same match last year?

Like, Michael Cole commentary aside, it was actually a pretty good rendition of the original Final Deletion match.

A burial of Matt Hardy and the match.

Bray Wyatt is so ice cold and such a supremely bad character that nothing is going to bury him further. He won the WWE Title last year, beating Cena and AJ in a result that was quickly forgotten about, and completely eroded by the time he dropped the title to Randy Orton at Mania three weeks later in a cockroach match.

Bray Wyatt is so ice cold and such a supremely bad character that nothing is going to bury him further. He won the WWE Title last year, beating Cena and AJ in a result that was quickly forgotten about, and completely eroded by the time he dropped the title to Randy Orton at Mania three weeks later in a cockroach match.

Yeah. Matt Hardy got so buried he's spent the last few months appearing on TV, doing his own vanity project and got basically all of his family to appear in the last match of the feud. So buried.

Besides, with the result of the match, it's quite possible they are going to rewrite Bray. I would be down for an amnesiac Husky Harris slowly rediscovering himself as Bray, as much as I hate the wrestler.

It's a great character that has been destroyed by terrible booking.

We may well have seen the last of him now (ie. the character not the performer) which is probably best for everyone involved at this point.

I'd blame Bray, too. He's had so many ideas with this character and basically none of them actually made for a consistent character. If you wanna do Waylon Mercy, just do it. You don't need to spend 5 minutes rambling on with your promos and doing crazy spider walks.

Yeah. Matt Hardy got so buried he's spent the last few months appearing on TV, doing his own vanity project and got basically all of his family to appear in the last match of the feud. So buried.

Besides, with the result of the match, it's quite possible they are going to rewrite Bray. I would be down for an amnesiac Husky Harris slowly rediscovering himself as Bray, as much as I hate the wrestler.

Did you even read my posts? I'll answer that for you: no, you didn't. You just wanted to get on your little soapbox. You're having a conversation with someone, but it isn't me and may not be anyone in this thread.

So let's try this again...

Buried BY MICHAEL COLE.

Buried by not having the match show up on Hulu - UNHEARD OF for the main event, even though the Hulu version is shortened.

Bray is dead as a character, thank God (and good riddance), and I'm guessing it's back down the card for Matt after this.

WWE has made it crystal clear what it thinks of Matt Hardy and the Broken/Woken Universe.

They may not necessarily be wrong, but the match was pre-taped and they could have chosen not to air it. Instead, they decided to be petty, have stooge Cole bury it, and then literally bury it by not having it on the Hulu version of Raw or at least WWE's YouTube channel. Anyone who missed Raw is having to resort to third-party YouTube videos just to see the match. That's ridiculous!

I honestly don't know what to think of the match after watching it - I can certainly understand why people would think it's a piece of shit - but WWE's actions have been downright baffling and bizarre.

Yes, I read your posts my man. WWE still gave Hardy lots and lots of time over the course of months to develop his WOKEN Hardy character, giving people who watched TNA something to keep an eye on, and give something different to those that weren't aware of what that was.

They are making it crystal clear that they hate so much this program that they advertised it for weeks and weeks, giving Hardy the chance to develop his crazy little universe. His wife is there. His children are there. Vanguard 1 is there. The lake of reincarnation, Skarsgard, the lawnmower, Brother Nero, Señor Benjamin, every single element of his project is there. Maybe the absence of a burning Hardy symbol, and crazy Swanton Bombs, but that's okay.

If the intention is to BERRY Matt Hardy and get across the message that they hate it... then why even have go so far as to give that much time to it and have a nice final match for that feud? It was cut on the Hulu version, yes, but if you watch the full episode, there's a good reason as to why that happened: it was the least consequential of all ongoing angles right now, at least when it comes to Wrestlemania. Let's see what we had (not sure if that was the exact order or if I got every single thing by memory, but it might be close), shall we?

• Roman/Brock $$$ segment;
  • Asuka fighting Alexa and Kurt announcing Nia/Alexa at WM;
  • Braun announces he has a partner for WM, but doesn't say who;
  • Revival announce they are entering the Andre the Giant Battle Royal, something WWE has been pushing a little bit;
  • Sasha/Bayley feud develops;
  • Miztourage vs Club w/Rollins on commentary;
  • Great Ronda video package;
  • Ultimate Deletion.

So, imagine putting UD anywhere else on the card. It basically HAD to be the main event, due to its format. It still got tons of time, got a nice production and had a reason to be. Cole saying it's obnoxious is really, REALLY blown out of proportion.

Now, if you wanna say they should give Hardy something for Wrestlemania, while true (although he could still be on the Battle Royal and we still got two weeks to go) doesn't really indicate he is burried. I mean, they went out of their way to develop it this character that was pretty much linked to TNA as much as it was with Hardy himself.

I'll give credit where credit is due, KawadaSmile - a really excellent post there.

With that said, I still find it extremely problematic that lead babyface announcer Cole shit on the match right before it aired. Are his comments being blown out of proportion? Maybe. But there was no reason for them in the first place.

Matt Hardy will probably do battle royal duty, you're right - and I don't necessarily have a problem with that, even, especially when Sasha and Bayley are likely in the same boat, and I'd take a singles match between them over any expanded role you could possibly give Matt.

I'm kind of surprised Ultimate Deletion wasn't at WrestleMania itself, but that's hardly something I'm going to criticize too much.

I'm kind of surprised Ultimate Deletion wasn't at WrestleMania itself, but that's hardly something I'm going to criticize too much.

I am grateful it isn't. I can't imagine that sort of match being featured on the biggest show of the year.

Yeah, we need to save that sort of thing for matches where they project worms and maggots on the canvas.

(Not intending to snark at you, just WWE's kink of putting ridiculous things on a show that's already a bloated slog these days)

I am grateful it isn't. I can't imagine that sort of match being featured on the biggest show of the year.

After Orton-Wyatt House of Horrors, and the Final Deletion ripoff at the Wyatt compound vs New Day, keeping an off site gimmick match off of the WM card is a good thing

Not that I would have necessarily wanted Ultimate Deletion at Mania, but this is the same show that's had matches like the Hollywood Backlot Brawl between Piper and Goldust, so it wouldn't be that out of place.

20 years ago, and it was mainly to pull off an OJ gag!

Kind of a reason theyve never been off site at WM since.

The fans pointing at the Mania sign when Bryan was wondering when he was gonna come back was kinda dope. Has that happened before?

They pointed at the Wrestlemania sign. Unprompted. En masse.

The WWE sub-division of DARPA has declared Experiment P952 to be a success.

:lol:

Wouldn't be the first time Bryan creates an awesome, honest moment with fans that's then co-opted and run to the ground by obnoxious fans or WWE.

Man, how can anyone look at Daniel Bryan and not make him the greatest babyface in the history of wrestling. His retirement speech was one of the most legit heartbreaking moments, and it may have got dusty where I was seeing him so happy to announce he can continue his passion.

The ending to Charlotte and Natty made no fucking sense, holy shit.

I assumed Asuka was coming out to stop the cash in cause she wanted the challenge of wrestling Charlotte but that would be sensible booking so we can't have that on the Road Dogg show I guess