Pro Wrestling Only

Daniel Bryan has been medically cleared to return to the ring...

Edwin

So, if I'm reading between the lines of this article. Dr. Davies might suggest that WWE only cleared Bryan to wrestle again to make sure that he wouldn't do the same elsewhere when his contract is scheduled to expire in September.

If that is true then once he signs a new contract for several years WWE could just turn round and say no you cant wrestle we ve changed our mind and Bryan would be stuck.

Why would they do that though? It's not in their interests. And I think he'd have a strong legal case under those circumstances.

I'm with Loss on this one. I don't think there's a grand conspiracy. I believe they genuinely did not want a beloved guy to be debilitated on their watch. Though I do think business concerns might have added a little urgency to the timing of his reinstatement.

I dont even know what the conspiracy is supposed to be. That WWE would rather have Bryan Danielson under contract than wrestling elsewhere because hes a popular star? Alright then.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The doctors who cleared Bryan outside of WWE were not only saying, "You're cleared", but were going above and beyond to make a strong case in his favor. One doctor was really disappointed when he retired in 2016 because he thought it was way too soon to say with certainty that he couldn't wrestle again. They weren't just saying "you're cleared" and letting him go.

As far as previous concussion history, it wasn't just the concussions. It was the seizures, the brain lesion, and their assumption that he probably had 20+ undocumented concussions before he even stepped foot in a WWE ring. If anyone else in WWE fit that bill, no way does WWE let them return either. Dreamer, Angle, and Undertaker aren't full-time performers and Ziggler's concussions came before Bryan's. He is the guinea pig and represents a new way of looking at all of this, and not even just in WWE but in sports. That's why he's being watched so closely.

- I know, that's why I said Maroon was the one who's credibility was on the line. He was the only one saying no even though a whole bunch of his colleagues disagreed with his decision in one way or another.

- I guess I'm just more cynical about the whole deal. I have a hard time believing Bryan is a special case, we just know more about his issues because he's told us about them a bunch of times. And D-Bry will be a part timer too, his whole quest to make a return was based on him wanting to work but on a lighter schedule. And even if it is just 1 match a year, you are still allowing people who's had a dangerous history of concussions - specially Dreamer - to get fucked up, it only takes 1 bump. There's no doubt Bryan is the guinea pig in all of this, I just doubt the sincerity of him being it. I do admit that at the end of the day, all that matters is the fact that all this trouble is for his well being, so WWE's "good intentions" on the issue are kinda meaningless.

So, if I'm reading between the lines of this article. Dr. Davies might suggest that WWE only cleared Bryan to wrestle again to make sure that he wouldn't do the same elsewhere when his contract is scheduled to expire in September.

If that is true then once he signs a new contract for several years WWE could just turn round and say no you cant wrestle we ve changed our mind and Bryan would be stuck.

Why would they do that though? It's not in their interests. And I think he'd have a strong legal case under those circumstances.

I'm with Loss on this one. I don't think there's a grand conspiracy. I believe they genuinely did not want a beloved guy to be debilitated on their watch. Though I do think business concerns might have added a little urgency to the timing of his reinstatement.

I dont even know what the conspiracy is supposed to be. That WWE would rather have Bryan Danielson under contract than wrestling elsewhere because hes a popular star? Alright then.

This is by no means the source of all the conspiracy, especially not jmare in this thread, but there's a widespread belief in some circles that WWE wants to keep him out of the ring so he can't upstage Roman Reigns, but locked up so he can't go anywhere else either.

This is by no means the source of all the conspiracy, especially not jmare in this thread, but there's a widespread belief in some circles that WWE wants to keep him out of the ring so he can't upstage Roman Reigns, but locked up so he can't go anywhere else either.

They seem perfectly happy for Reigns to get mixed reactions and they play to it often enough in the booking. They also have a split roster now and have been pushing AJ Styles as the top babyface of one of them for coming up to a year. So I find that charge quite hard to believe. Im with your assessment here.

I'm sure matches with AJ/Nak/KO/Zayn will all be great and worked in a manner as safe as possible. The beatdown angle on SD was a master class in doing a violent beating in the safest way possible. What worries me is when he's in with stiff/sloppy guys and gets an unintential boot to the face.