• Please log in to reply
175 replies to this topic

#21 goc

goc

A disgrace to Joe Blanchard

• Members
  • 7475 posts

Posted 22 March 2018 - 05:42 PM

If we're gonna unban people who are accused of being trolls and snobbish, then can we at least swap out shodate for stro? At least you could actually read stro's posts.

#22 Magnum Milano

Magnum Milano
  • Members
  • 2223 posts

Posted 22 March 2018 - 06:11 PM

I never complained about him, after reading his posts in the rape culture thread and now turning up with another list that he makes up on the fly in the 2000 PWO2K forum I wish I had.

wanting to complain  cause my views are different to yours   and i dont make my lists  up   im doing a llst year my year in the 2000's the doing  by decade list   i make list every year like most people do

Read my fucking post again.  I wanted to complain about you BEFORE your comments in the rape culture thread, and my reasons for wanting to complain had nothing to do with your views.  Idiot.  

Grimmas has got the right idea when it comes to you.

#23 gordi

gordi

I call him Shohei because we are close like that

• Members
  • 2122 posts

Posted 22 March 2018 - 07:45 PM

I never complained about him, after reading his posts in the rape culture thread and now turning up with another list that he makes up on the fly in the 2000 PWO2K forum I wish I had.

Yep, me too. 

#24 SmartMark15

SmartMark15
  • Members
  • 476 posts

Posted 22 March 2018 - 07:53 PM

I personally have been cringing at the posts for a while just because they're pretty much unreadable. The rape culture comments didn't help things either.

#25 Badlittlekitten

Badlittlekitten
  • Members
  • 694 posts

Posted 23 March 2018 - 02:04 PM

Hold on, Stro is banned?  I get that he could be antagonistic but a perma ban? Did a particular incident lead to that? He was one of the best posters on here.

#26 sek69

sek69

Winnipeg Arena's gonna be on fire

• Members
  • 11152 posts

Posted 23 March 2018 - 03:29 PM

I don't know what else I could possibly do to counter the snobbish line, so I've stopped trying.

In my experience, there are generally two types of wrestling fans on the internet . Those who are genuinely interested in wrestling and/or its history and enjoy finding out new information. Those kind of folks tend to fit in well here. The other type are basically WWE only fans and get irrationally defensive if anyone questions the official company line. That's where the "snobbish" stuff tends to come from, as there tends to be a big overlap between those folks and those who think education is bad.

#27 Loss

Loss
  • Admins
  • 44063 posts

Posted 23 March 2018 - 04:13 PM

Hold on, Stro is banned?  I get that he could be antagonistic but a perma ban? Did a particular incident lead to that? He was one of the best posters on here.

He was banned a while back for being a meanie pants in almost all of his posts, despite frequent requests to stop.

#28 shodate

shodate

Anarchist of PWO

• Banned
  • 544 posts

Posted 23 March 2018 - 10:47 PM

He was banned a while back for being a meanie pants in almost all of his posts, despite frequent requests to stop.

unlike me im not combative at all  i holds view people may find odd  yes  but  im not combative personality   

#29 El-P

El-P

NFLTG

• Members
  • 10035 posts

Posted 24 March 2018 - 04:36 AM

I don't know what else I could possibly do to counter the snobbish line, so I've stopped trying.

In my experience, there are generally two types of wrestling fans on the internet . Those who are genuinely interested in wrestling and/or its history and enjoy finding out new information. Those kind of folks tend to fit in well here. The other type are basically WWE only fans and get irrationally defensive if anyone questions the official company line. That's where the "snobbish" stuff tends to come from, as there tends to be a big overlap between those folks and those who think education is bad.

Actually, I do think there's also an über-snobbish attitude consisting on over-praising everything WWE against the "evil snobbish Meltzerian smark promotions".

#30 Childs

Childs
  • Moderators
  • 4617 posts

Posted 24 March 2018 - 07:50 AM

Actually, I do think there's also an über-snobbish attitude consisting on over-praising everything WWE against the "evil snobbish Meltzerian smark promotions".

Don't worry, you ably counter that by slagging most things WWE. 

I get that if you're feeling your oats as a newly "serious" wrestling fan and you believe 2014-2018 New Japan has clearly produced the greatest wrestling ever, this place might seem a little strange. 

But if you drill down even a little, the snobbish hive mind shit falls apart. Especially now, when the list of most prolific posters is pretty different than it was five years ago. 

#31 El-P

El-P

NFLTG

• Members
  • 10035 posts

Posted 24 March 2018 - 09:02 AM

I've actually praised a whole lot of WWE matches and cards (mostly NXT Takeovers) to great lenghts in the last few years, despite not liking the product (and the way its presented) as a whole. So there... 

#32 dawho5

dawho5
  • Members
  • 4014 posts

Posted 24 March 2018 - 09:09 AM

What about those of us who don't care for modern wrestling as a whole?  Are we the out of touch, grumpy old men who just wish the kids would stay off of our lawn? :)

#33 With Coil

With Coil
  • Members
  • 75 posts

Posted 24 March 2018 - 10:33 AM

I actually dislike shodate.. and I do hate the way he posts. I did not complain about him or ask for him to be banned though. He has contributed more on this message board than I have.

Is he really Japanese? Or an anarchist or whatever the fuck?

#34 shodate

shodate

Anarchist of PWO

• Banned
  • 544 posts

Posted 24 March 2018 - 11:58 AM

I actually dislike shodate.. and I do hate the way he posts. I did not complain about him or ask for him to be banned though. He has contributed more on this message board than I have.

Is he really Japanese? Or an anarchist or whatever the fuck?

i am indeed   both  of them things

#35 shodate

shodate

Anarchist of PWO

• Banned
  • 544 posts

Posted 24 March 2018 - 12:03 PM

question to all in here to dislike me  why od you dislike me i try and  to fit in  better  

#36 Loss

Loss
  • Admins
  • 44063 posts

Posted 24 March 2018 - 12:06 PM

If I could give you some honest feedback, it would be that people want you to work harder to clean up your posts by making an attempt to use punctuation, capitalizing words where appropriate, and watching for misspelling. I hate saying that because I know English isn't your first language. But I think that would go a long way. :)

We do have some other ESL posters here, but we don't usually run into this issue.

#37 Loss

Loss
  • Admins
  • 44063 posts

Posted 24 March 2018 - 12:10 PM

And to the other point, the whole idea of general snobbery here is silly. We have people who are passionate about what they like and they don't like, and most of the time, because of the nature of the board, they've thought through why they think the way they do. We can't confuse conviction for elitism.

#38 shodate

shodate

Anarchist of PWO

• Banned
  • 544 posts

Posted 24 March 2018 - 12:10 PM

If I could give you some honest feedback, it would be that people want you to work harder to clean up your posts by making an attempt to use punctuation, capitalizing words where appropriate, and watching for misspelling. I hate saying that because I know English isn't your first language. But I think that would go a long way. :)

We do have some other ESL posters here, but we don't usually run into this issue.

Thank you boss Loss

#39 KB8

KB8
  • Members
  • 927 posts

Posted 24 March 2018 - 05:11 PM

Boss Loss is about to be a new thing for sure.

#40 Loss

Loss
  • Admins
  • 44063 posts

Posted 24 March 2018 - 07:51 PM

Lossha Banks?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users