• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

- Johnny Sorrow joked about having an investigative reporter on the case

- I said I was putting my ear to a glass, but not hearing anything

- Reporters, private investigators, etc. are often spoofed doing that in pop culture when they're trying to listen in on something ... or at least they used to be

I don't care if he's Japanese or not, but if he wants to be Japanese, can he magically buy/find an English keyboard so he can fix the annoying formatting in his posts? Pretty, please. :wub:

I don't get how he can make a post like the one below (which has punctuation, correct spacing, no spelling issues and only a couple of grammatical errors), and then follow that by reverting to the usual non-sensical, incoherent oddly spaced tosh like he has been doing ever since (see his most recent effort in the WM III thread for example). Maybe if he had posted like what he did here, then he wouldn't be getting 'slandered'?

When you find out my name here is my real name is 伊達太郎

I never took English lessons, in fact, I understand enough of the language to talk about subjects i know and that is about the extent of it I thought coming here a talking about wrestling could help me improve

Then I get slandered

I agree with C.S. and Magnum. If you're going to post a bunch of nonsense, at least do it in a decipherable manner. It always takes me more than one try to even figure out what he's saying. Then I invariably wish I hadn't. Consider him slandered.

457JP8VL.jpg

I guess I am not liked so ban me is the idea how populist of you

For the record, *I* never said I wanted you banned. I don't. Truthfully, I'm not emotionally invested enough in the posters here to call for anyone's ban. I don't mean that in a bad or dismissive way - I just mean that I come here to have fun, read different viewpoints about wrestling, and post some of my own (which people either agree with or shit on, depending on what it is and/or how mature/rational the other party is).

BTW, I've noticed that your typing has improved over the past few days. Whether that's because you're making more of an effort or because you've found that magical keyboard I suggested, I appreciate it.

I'm not a populist. I'm part of an anarchosyndicalist commune. We take it in turns to act as a sort of executive officer for the week. But all the decision of that officer have to be ratified at a special biweekly meeting. By a simple majority in the case of purely internal affairs, but by a two-thirds majority in the case of more...

Hey...how come your posts in this thread are (moderately) coherent and grammatically correct, but everywhere else they look like you type exclusively with your thumbs?

Anyhow, I already slandered you once. Stop provoking me or I will slanderize you a second time.

I'm not a populist. I'm part of an anarchosyndicalist commune. We take it in turns to act as a sort of executive officer for the week. But all the decision of that officer have to be ratified at a special biweekly meeting. By a simple majority in the case of purely internal affairs, but by a two-thirds majority in the case of more...

Hey...how come your posts in this thread are (moderately) coherent and grammatically correct, but everywhere else they look like you type exclusively with your thumbs?

Anyhow, I already slandered you once. Stop provoking me or I will slanderize you a second time.

Maybe his account is run by a similar anarcho-syndicalist system and it's actually like ten guys

• 2 weeks later...

Shodate has been on Youtube for years. His comments are memorable. There is no intended gimmick here. Either he is Japanese or he thoroughly believes he is.

His writing style doesn't bare a lot of L1 interference. Japanese English lacks verb inflection and ommision of articles at the most basic - things Shodate does relatively successfully. He also uses grammatical structures and expressions that an intermediate most likely wouldn't know or use - especially someone who is East Asian.

Gordi has far more experience in dealing with Japanese students than I do (not many come this side of the world for business) but the Japanese are the one nation that you can bet flawless writing on. Grammar is drilled incessantly in school yet they can't speak the language due to no conversational practice. For Shodate it's most likely the complete opposite.

It's definitely likely that no writing practice or guidance can produce a style like his (I've seen it from Central African students of different languages) but, as an esl teacher, his command and ironically seemingly lack thereof is fascinating.

All that aside, Shodate has a great knowledge of wrestling beyond even the niche tastes of this board. He's validly watched thousands of out the box matches of which I suggest others take note of and try watch. If he's good for nothing else to the board, he's provided a great primer into a side of puro no many people know.

Shodate has been on Youtube for years. His comments are memorable. There is no intended gimmick here. Either he is Japanese or he thoroughly believes he is.

His writing style doesn't bare a lot of L1 interference. Japanese English lacks verb inflection and ommision of articles at the most basic - things Shodate does relatively successfully. He also uses grammatical structures and expressions that an intermediate most likely wouldn't know or use - especially someone who is East Asian.

Gordi has far more experience in dealing with Japanese students than I do (not many come this side of the world for business) but the Japanese are the one nation that you can bet flawless writing on. Grammar is drilled incessantly in school yet they can't speak the language due to no conversational practice. For Shodate it's most likely the complete opposite.

It's definitely likely that no writing practice or guidance can produce a style like his (I've seen it from Central African students of different languages) but, as an esl teacher, his command and ironically seemingly lack thereof is fascinating.

All that aside, Shodate has a great knowledge of wrestling beyond even the niche tastes of this board. He's validly watched thousands of out the box matches of which I suggest others take note of and try watch. If he's good for nothing else to the board, he's provided a great primer into a side of puro no many people know.

Thank you, friend,

I wanted to comment on the snobbish/elitist thing here. I have run into the same attitude when trying to get people to come over here and I think to a large degree, they are kind of right. I think there is a baseline elitism here that leaves a bad first impression. But I think there is also a certain self awareness and humor to it that doesn't communicate to newcomers.

On shodate. I just move right past his posts because of how terrible his grammar is.

To be clear to everyone, even if he is lying about being Japanese, that's in my opinion not sufficient reason for a ban. So I don't think that investigation needs to continue. I'm actually an 84-year-old woman from North Dakota.

FWIW, I don't think people are asking for a ban based on that. It's just something weird. What gets under people's skin is him posting in a manner that is either an attempt to troll or wilful ignorace. That you have to make multiple attempts at reading it first is just the icing on the shodate cake.

I love the guy's posts. He brings interesting opinions about super obscure stuff. He generally gets picked on a lot more then he trolls anyone.

I'm more baffled that a group of adults can't come together and have discussions about a shared interest without things devolving into insults and bans and everything but that's the fun of the internet I guess.

The shodate Manifesto

1) Post a comment which is clearly intended to bring attention to yourself.

2) Try and bring politics into your post - even if the topic being discussed has nothing to do with politics.

3) Make sure your comment is irrelevant and does not contribute to the discussion.

4) Make your comments brief, cryptic and pointless.

5) Do not use proper grammar/sentence structure (despite the fact that you have proven that you're capable of it.)

6) When people react (the way you clearly want them to) act indignant and morally wounded, as if you can't imagine why somebody could possibly be so cruel to you. Remember, you are the wronged party and are clearly the victim of unjust persecution. People are being mean to you for having opinions, not for being a semi-literate blatant troll.

7) Repeat this process in every possible thread.

8) There will be no repercussions for your behavior, because a vocal minority of other members at PWO enjoy your gimmick. They are your core audience so continue to play to them as much as possible, because Lord knows your act isn't getting old at all.