Pro Wrestling Only

Shodate banned?

Jetlag

The shodate Manifesto

1) Post a comment which is clearly intended to bring attention to yourself.

2) Try and bring politics into your post - even if the topic being discussed has nothing to do with politics.

3) Make sure your comment is irrelevant and does not contribute to the discussion.

4) Make your comments brief, cryptic and pointless.

5) Do not use proper grammar/sentence structure (despite the fact that you have proven that you're capable of it.)

6) When people react (the way you clearly want them to) act indignant and morally wounded, as if you can't imagine why somebody could possibly be so cruel to you. Remember, you are the wronged party and are clearly the victim of unjust persecution. People are being mean to you for having opinions, not for being a semi-literate blatant troll.

7) Repeat this process in every possible thread.

8) There will be no repercussions for your behavior, because a vocal minority of other members at PWO enjoy your gimmick. They are your core audience so continue to play to them as much as possible, because Lord knows your act isn't getting old at all.

also all wrong so try again to defame me

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

6) When people react (the way you clearly want them to) act indignant and morally wounded, as if you can't imagine why somebody could possibly be so cruel to you. Remember, you are the wronged party and are clearly the victim of unjust persecution. People are being mean to you for having opinions, not for being a semi-literate blatant troll.

I may have odd views but im am not a troll full stop

in any court of law most of wht you said would be called deformation im not acting morally wounded at all what you posted before while not libel was defamatory

The Thread Killer, that Manifesto seems exactly right to me. Just check out 'date's run of "pay attention to ME" posts in the WrestleMania or GRR threads. Post after post after post of him doing EXACTLY what you've listed in 1 through 5 of the manifesto and waiting on tenterhooks for someone to give him the chance to pull #6.

It is baffling to me that anyone should think that people want 'date banned "because he's pretending to be Japanese" or that anyone should think that he's being "picked on." It's clear, classic, relentless troll behaviour and the act really has gotten very old very quickly.

Shodate, please scroll up and read ButchReedMark's post. If you really feel like you are being attacked here, he's given you a perfect solution: Stop trying to make everything about YOU, stop dragging politics into discussions where they have no place (they do, I admit, have a place in the GRR discussion). Take a look at the name of this site: Pro Wrestling Only. Stick to pro wrestling, and it's very likely that nobody will have a problem with you.

The shodate Manifesto

1) Post a comment which is clearly intended to bring attention to yourself.

2) Try and bring politics into your post - even if the topic being discussed has nothing to do with politics.

3) Make sure your comment is irrelevant and does not contribute to the discussion.

4) Make your comments brief, cryptic and pointless.

5) Do not use proper grammar/sentence structure (despite the fact that you have proven that you're capable of it.)

7) Repeat this process in every possible thread.

8) There will be no repercussions for your behavior, because a vocal minority of other members at PWO enjoy your gimmick. They are your core audience so continue to play to them as much as possible, because Lord knows your act isn't getting old at all.

I really, really wanted to say all of this but didn't want to come across as a meany pants. 100% Absolute Truth.

Shodate, please scroll up and read ButchReedMark's post. If you really feel like you are being attacked here, he's given you a perfect solution: Stop trying to make everything about YOU, stop dragging politics into discussions where they have no place (they do, I admit, have a place in the GRR discussion). Take a look at the name of this site: Pro Wrestling Only. Stick to pro wrestling, and it's very likely that nobody will have a problem with you.

The Thread Killer and the manifesto is spot on, but this 1000%. This is not the shodate forum, it's not all about you, leave the politics to the appropriate sub-forum and for the upteenth time sort your typing, grammar and spelling out (which you've shown you're perfectly capable of, but clearly have zero respect for the other users of this forum to make the effort to do so).

The Thread Killer and the manifesto is spot on, but this 1000%. This is not the shodate forum, it's not all about you, leave the politics to the appropriate sub-forum and for the upteenth time sort your typing, grammar and spelling out (which you've shown you're perfectly capable of, but clearly have zero respect for the other users of this forum to make the effort to do so).

im sorry but stuff like the GRR topic or anything on the subject with the Saudi regime or Saudi Arabia wakes up my political side and the WWE bootlicking the Saudis dirties wrestling as whole i have nothing against the Saudi people Just there Theocratic, rulers and there warped Poisonous Ideology Wahabism sickness me to my very core they killing secularist bloggers in Saudi adn other hardline Salafi nations

im Sorry as a wrestling fan if the biggest Promotion in the world kisses up to that Morally bankrupt regime if you care about small things like Human right and rule of law like i doWWE are helping to prop up that regime by doing business there.

im so sorry that only i feel this way

this is going ot be my last Political; post i ever make m outside of MIS area

I'm mildly pro- on shodate in general, but if banning him stops the anti- crowd from derailing threads that would be preferable to the current situation. We seem to have forgotten the old saw "don't feed the troll".

When i am in fact not a troll i post what i believe and get called a troll for it

*Agressors* ? Really ? Come on now... People are just being annoyed by the constant attention whoring (aka "me and my odd views") and pseudo victimization ("why am I being attacked ?"). The fucked up spelling alone would be enough to drive anyone crazy especially when he has showed before he was totally capable of actually using a perfectly readable format (huge mistake, that).

Honestly at this point I don't care one way or another, but we all know how this is gonna end up, really... (I have crossed path with some guys acting pretty much the same before elsewhere, it always ends the same because they can't help it...)

I don't think he's a troll. I think he has views on wrestling that deviate from the norm and there's nothing wrong with that. I also think he needs to avoid talk of politics and clean up his posts, but most posts seem to get four to five piled-on responses that don't help anything. It might end the way you think it will end and it might not. There was a poster long ago that people kept urging me to ban who turned out to be a pretty valuable member of the board over time. His name was JerryvonKramer.

Anyway, if he makes even one more political post, he's out of here. If he can't improve the spelling and grammar of his posts, he's out of here. I'm trying to be understanding of English not being his first language and give him time to acclimate himself, and because he has pointed people to matches that they like, I'm trying to assume the best in his intentions.

Some action really should be taken on the people following him into every topic just to insult him. WAY more annoying than the man himself.

Slight exaggeration, but don't worry I'm taking some time away from here now. I have shodate blocked but that doesn't help when you don't log in and still have to read him. It's far better for me to step away from this place altogether for a bit.

Oh, and nice to see that JvK still manages to get in his digs at jdw even after running him off PWO.

Take care guys and see you down the line (maybe?)

Some action really should be taken on the people following him into every topic just to insult him. WAY more annoying than the man himself.

Slight exaggeration, but don't worry I'm taking some time away from here now. I have shodate blocked but that doesn't help when you don't log in and still have to read him. It's far better for me to step away from this place altogether for a bit.

Oh, and nice to see that JvK still manages to get in his digs at jdw even after running him off PWO.

Take care guys and see you down the line (maybe?)

I completely understand. If it weren't for the Armchair Booking stuff, I'd probably be taking a break from here, too.

I don't think I've been an "aggressor" and I don't think I've been following poor shodate around and harassing him, either. Clearly, this is a divisive subject. There are people who think shodate is trolling, either intentionally or unintentionally. There are those who think he is being unfairly centered out and picked on. Either way, it doesn't really matter what any of us think. Loss has clearly said that if shodate continues to make unintelligible and/or off topic political posts, he'll be banned. That's good enough for me and I take him at his word regarding that. He asked us to drop it, so as far as I'm concerned it has been dropped.

I joined New Millennium Blues in April 2005, before it became Pro Wrestling Only. That means I've been a member here for 13 years. I daresay I've visited the site pretty much every day in those 13 years, even if it was just for a few minutes. I don't always post, but I'm always around. Hell, I've known Loss since meeting him on the Rantsylvania Delphi forum in 1999, which means he's been an online acquaintance of mine for 19 years. So obviously, I like him and I like this place. Maybe he doesn't always like me, maybe he doesn't like the way I have conducted myself during this situation, I don't know. Clearly, my definition of what constitutes trolling and what Loss thinks constitutes trolling are two different things. It's his board, so I defer to his decision, obviously. But more often than not, I agree with Loss and the way he runs this board. I don't agree with how this particular situation has been handled, but that's really neither here nor there. That is not my call to make. I'm certainly not going to escalate the issue any further.

I'd hate to see members like Magnum Milano or gordi or anybody else (because I know there are others) leave or reduce their presence at PWO over a situation like this. Magnum been here 10 years, and has contributed a lot in that time. Ditto for gordi, he's been here almost as long as I have and has contributed much more. This place needs all the good contributors it can get and we all lose if guys like those and the others leave, or start posting here less. I am hoping cooler heads prevail and this situation can run it's course and resolve itself naturally. In the end, I'd like to see us all come together and find a way to blame Vince Russo for this entire situation. To me, that would be the best possible outcome.

After reading the last batch of posts, shodate has been banned, mainly because he hasn't shown any commitment to improving his grammar, spelling, and sentence structure. I've talked to him about it too many times and nothing has changed.