• Please log in to reply
85 replies to this topic

#21 El-P

El-P

NFLTG

• Members
  • 10026 posts

Posted 04 May 2018 - 12:46 PM

Honestly, at this point, after the Saudi show, Hogan coming back is not even a footnote. 

#22 Matt D

Matt D

4:40

• Members
  • 11230 posts

Posted 04 May 2018 - 12:47 PM

Morality aside, what do you even do with him? 

#23 peachchaos

peachchaos
  • Members
  • 1104 posts

Posted 04 May 2018 - 12:48 PM

gotta get his win back on Lesnar

#24 Mad Dog

Mad Dog
  • Members
  • 5738 posts

Posted 04 May 2018 - 12:51 PM

Random talking head on various Network specials who you trot out once or twice a year for big events?

#25 El-P

El-P

NFLTG

• Members
  • 10026 posts

Posted 04 May 2018 - 12:52 PM

At this point, only the most senile portion of the audience and the hardcore retromaniacs will pop.

Ding ding ding. We have a winner.

#26 Boss Rock

Boss Rock
  • Members
  • 708 posts

Posted 04 May 2018 - 12:52 PM

I could see them using him as they did before he was let go: Wrestlemania or big ppv nostalgia appearance. Which I normally wouldn't mind (the Mania 30 segment with him, Austin, and Rock was great, as was his birthday celebration angle with Brock), but it's probably just best to leave things as is.

Don't whitewash him from history, maybe interview him for a Network special regarding someone he knew or angle he was a part of, but no reason for him to be on TV.

#27 Stiva

Stiva
  • Members
  • 889 posts

Posted 04 May 2018 - 01:25 PM

New line of merch on WWEShop coupled with some special ref type angle down the line?

#28 SomethingSavage

SomethingSavage
  • Members
  • 1197 posts

Posted 04 May 2018 - 01:30 PM

$$$$$

#29 sek69

sek69

Winnipeg Arena's gonna be on fire

• Members
  • 11148 posts

Posted 04 May 2018 - 03:32 PM

You pretty much have to keep him in a speaking role, so your options are let him ramble (brother) or have him try to recite overscripted 2018 WWE speak that everyone of his generation has struggled mightily with. 

Have him come out to get the welcome back to the family pop, let him do his gimmick where he pretends he wants the crowd to stop cheering which only eggs them on to cheer more, then keep him as a talking head for DVD/network specials.

#30 brocklock

brocklock
  • Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 04 May 2018 - 04:50 PM

New line of merch on WWEShop coupled with some special ref type angle down the line?

Can he even get down to his knees to make a count at this point? I guess he can be like Mongo in TNA and do a standing count.

I think he'll be used like he was before in 2015 as a talking head, maybe hosting a network special or something, and coming out for special appearances. I don't recall him doing a lot physically in 2014/15 other than taking a bump off of X-Pac during the Sting/HHH match.

#31 Al

Al

Because a wrestling avatar seemed appropriate

• Members
  • 3001 posts

Posted 04 May 2018 - 04:50 PM

Celebrate with Roman Reigns after the 2018 Rumble

#32 KawadaSmile

KawadaSmile
  • Members
  • 1326 posts

Posted 04 May 2018 - 06:30 PM

Have him be massacred by Braun in TV segments only for him to get the W at a PPV.

Always worked.

#33 Mad Dog

Mad Dog
  • Members
  • 5738 posts

Posted 04 May 2018 - 06:57 PM

Can he even get down to his knees to make a count at this point? I guess he can be like Mongo in TNA and do a standing count.

I think he'll be used like he was before in 2015 as a talking head, maybe hosting a network special or something, and coming out for special appearances. I don't recall him doing a lot physically in 2014/15 other than taking a bump off of X-Pac during the Sting/HHH match.

That match he had with Sting in TNA was pretty amazing considering he really couldn't bump anymore. 

#34 SomethingSavage

SomethingSavage
  • Members
  • 1197 posts

Posted 04 May 2018 - 08:37 PM

True.

Hard to believe that was nearly 7 years ago, but the match itself was everything Starrcade 97 could have been from bell to bell.

The post-match was magic. Great moment. Hogan had the crowd in the palm of his hand all over again, and I still remember getting legit chills when a beaten & bloodied Hogan ripped off the white shirt & hulked up that night.

#35 iamthedoctor

iamthedoctor
  • Members
  • 1152 posts

Posted 05 May 2018 - 12:31 PM

I wish. Can't see it happenning but one last run Id want to see Hogan go over Strowman, Brock, Angle & Cena.

#36 Bix

Bix
  • DVDVR 80s Project
  • 6358 posts

Posted 05 May 2018 - 12:34 PM

So what are the odds that WWE pulled some strings to get Hogan that award from the Boys and Girls Clubs of America?

#37 Matt D

Matt D

4:40

• Members
  • 11230 posts

Posted 05 May 2018 - 12:38 PM

So what are the odds that WWE pulled some strings to get Hogan that award from the Boys and Girls Clubs of America?

Go find the paper trail.

#38 Loss

Loss
  • Admins
  • 44062 posts

Posted 05 May 2018 - 01:58 PM

I acknowledge that there's nothing atypical about how WWE handled the whole thing as a company, but for them to just fire him and wash their hands of the whole thing always rubbed me the wrong way. How did a guy who holds these views rise to the level he did in this world, traveling so extensively in the company of others, and interacting with so many fans, without anyone noticing? And if the company knew it and didn't care because he was such a cash cow, aren't they just as bad as him? (These are rhetorical questions, but stay with me.) They marketed him to children for the better part of the decade, only for him to later be exposed as a bigot, a drug user, and someone who can't be trusted on any issue. They built a national empire around him. Sure, you can't blame WWE for what he said in confidence 20+ years after his peak, but WWE putting all of this on Hogan doesn't seem like the right thing to do either. Even if their response is, "Well, we do a much better job of vetting people now before we market them to specific audiences", that can be criticized or debated but it's at least acknowledging that this is just as much a WWE story as it is a Hogan story. Hogan is not the only person with a dark side to ever have success in pro wrestling, but as one of the biggest names in wrestling history -- maybe the biggest -- he should be held to a higher standard, specifically because he was marketed as a hero to children for so long.

#39 Alucard

Alucard
  • Members
  • 374 posts

Posted 05 May 2018 - 02:12 PM

True.

Hard to believe that was nearly 7 years ago, but the match itself was everything Starrcade 97 could have been from bell to bell.

The post-match was magic. Great moment. Hogan had the crowd in the palm of his hand all over again, and I still remember getting legit chills when a beaten & bloodied Hogan ripped off the white shirt & hulked up that night.

I think this came up in another topic but definitely one of my all time favorite TNA moments, absolutely loved that and one of the biggest pops they ever had as well.

#40 Victator

Victator
  • Members
  • 1670 posts

Posted 05 May 2018 - 10:47 PM

There is something to be said for having bad thoughts and knowing they are wrong and never acting on them. Hogan was in an intimate situation and doped up when he said what he did. That you can't find any black wrestlers who knew Hogan that will call him racist points to that. Which is something I did research a lot at the time. It does not make what he said okay. But considering how the comments were recorded and released, it seems like a thought crime. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users