Hulk Hogan returning to WWE

• Please log in to reply
85 replies to this topic

#81 Victator

Victator
  • Members
  • 1670 posts

Posted 07 May 2018 - 01:01 AM

I don't think Hall or Nash defending him makes a difference. 

But wrestlers like Virgil, Kamala and Harlem Heat defended him. WWE has no problem keeping Terry Taylor around who has been called racist by different minority wrestlers. 

I know Mark Henry said if Hogan issued face to face sincere apologies to the black wrestlers on the roster he would accept him back. 

Hogan should have just flat out apologized. The crap he said on TV sounded like someone trying to rationalize something bad instead of a firm apology. 

#82 iamthedoctor

iamthedoctor
  • Members
  • 1152 posts

Posted 07 May 2018 - 01:06 AM

I don't think Hall or Nash defending him makes a difference. 

But wrestlers like Virgil, Kamala and Harlem Heat defended him. WWE has no problem keeping Terry Taylor around who has been called racist by different minority wrestlers. 

I know Mark Henry said if Hogan issued face to face sincere apologies to the black wrestlers on the roster he would accept him back. 

Hogan should have just flat out apologized. The crap he said on TV sounded like someone trying to rationalize something bad instead of a firm apology. 

Didn't Mark Henry also have heat with Michael Hayes over a similar issue?

#83 C.S.

C.S.
  • Members
  • 2514 posts

Posted 07 May 2018 - 01:53 AM

WWE has no problem keeping Terry Taylor around who has been called racist by different minority wrestlers.

What's the story here? I've never heard this before.

Didn't Mark Henry also have heat with Michael Hayes over a similar issue?

Didn't Hayes approach Henry at the post-WrestleMania party and claim to be the "bigger n-word" between the two? I think that's what I remember hearing.

#84 Victator

Victator
  • Members
  • 1670 posts

Posted 07 May 2018 - 03:01 AM

I did not hear of it until a few years ago. But Taylor was named in the WCW racial discrimination lawsuit along with Russo were named as the main parties. 

Stevie Ray called out Taylor as a racist on his podcast. Sorta related but on one show discussing the Hogan story, Stevie said he was the blackest white man he has ever known. Though he did not elaborate. 

#85 El-P

El-P

NFLTG

• Members
  • 10026 posts

Posted 07 May 2018 - 03:02 AM

How different would things have been had it been a different racial slur, against a different group of people? If Hulk Hogan on his leaked video made an anti-semitic remark, would people have reacted the same way?

Just as a cultural footnote, I think an anti-semitic remark would have come off even worse (not saying what he said would not come off awful already) in France for instance (for obvious reasons). In the US I have no idea. Maybe not as much. But it's interesting.

#86 Victator

Victator
  • Members
  • 1670 posts

Posted 07 May 2018 - 03:07 AM

Didn't Hayes approach Henry at the post-WrestleMania party and claim to be the "bigger n-word" between the two? I think that's what I remember hearing. 

That is it. There was also the issue of them calling Henry a Silver Back on TV. Henry had asked not to be given that name. As a kid other kids had called him cruel names. I think they shifted to making it the "Self Proclaimed Silver Back". It was not dropped until the incident with Hayes and they were afraid of being sued. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users