Pro Wrestling Only

[2018-03-25-NJPW-Strong Style Evolved] Jushin Liger vs Will Ospreay

ShittyLittleBoots

The only time I enjoyed Ospreay because he had to slow things down to work against 51 years old Liger. Who of course outworked him. The knee selling was complete window dressing, but at least the match never went into ridiculousness territory and Ospreay showed that he could do less and look better doing it. Liger still rules. Ospreay was quite tolerable, although he still looks like a douche. I would have enjoyed Liger vs Rey Rey a whole lot more.

Gotta love JR's call of the Ligerbomb though, as he said he wasn't overwhelmed by this spot because Liger never put any weigh on his opponent's shoulder. That had always bothered me. Older JR is so refreshing to hear in 2018.

Liger vs. Rey has potential of being far better than this was. Ospreay is a very athletic dude, but I've never seen a performance of his that's particularly blown me away. This wasn't that performance either. Even the fake ankle/knee injury didn't stop him from doing one too many flips and that bump off the shotei is Shawn Michaels bumping for Hulk Hogan's punches levels of goofy. Thought this was pretty forgettable/skippable.

• GSR changed the title to [2018-03-25-NJPW-Strong Style Evolved] Jushin Liger vs Will Ospreay