Pro Wrestling Only

Former Wrestlers Speaks Out Against Allegations That Led to WWE Removing Fabulous Moolah's Name from Battle Royal

iamthedoctor

In March the attitude was Moolah was a human trafficker. Now that these allegations have proven less than airtight, goal posts are being moved.

Maxxine's story would qualify as conjecture. If you put what Maxxine said with what Luna said, the guy was a creepy doctor who liked taking nude pics of lady wrestlers. At no point is it said Moolah forced anyone to go. She presented it as a way to make extra money.

There is absolutely nothing to suggest that Maxine and Luna were talking about the same guy. Didn't we go over this earlier in the thread? I could have sworn we did.

With Victoria you would have a story if she faced negative consequences for beating up the kraut. But it appears she didn't and she would have every reason to say so.
But Moolah still booked Victoria in a situation with the idea of her having sex with the guy.
I feel sick defending the old bag. I just don't see why people are clinging to the more questionable by the day pimping charges, when there are concrete shitty things she did.
The cynical part of me thinks it is because, a promoter ripping off workers is not good clickbait.
What clickbait? What has actually been refuted?
That said, Nigel is being paid by WWE right? Having him do the research so if she is cleared, they can use her image, but if its confirmed their hands are clean.

I dunno if I'd say that, but the whole thing seems weird for someone it seems barely knew Moolah in the first place?

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that's harder for people to wrap their heads around for some reason.

I think that might be due to a lot of online fans being younger and having no concept of money and what wrestlers actually make. I've found online fans in general to be extremely ignorant of what indy wrestlers that aren't big names actually make on shows.

I think that's fair; "Moolah collected money for a retirement home for female wrestlers for years and years and then never built it or gave it back" is reason enough to not name the battle royal after her.

I feel like even deep into the 00s, there were allusions for women going on certain WWE tours "for the boys'" morale. I wonder if some of this is just an issue of semantics, whereas Moolah, who up until the late 80s with Vince, was getting the lump sum for her women and part of the money she was getting (or, to put it differently, why she might have gotten more than if she was providing the midgets, for example) was for assumed additional services rendered. That's less dramatic than the business-who-takes-passport story, but bad in other ways for the matter-of-factness of it all.

I think that's harder for people to wrap their heads around for some reason.

I think that might be due to a lot of online fans being younger and having no concept of money and what wrestlers actually make. I've found online fans in general to be extremely ignorant of what indy wrestlers that aren't big names actually make on shows.

I will get to the rest later. But a lot of fans don't really care about the wrestlers. People think Vince paying for rehab but not surgery is Vince providing for the boys. Not getting the selfish motives behind it. He pays for rehab he

1. Looks like a good guy for helping a lowly drug addict.

2. Prevents WWE from looking bad if a guy dies young.

But if he paid for a guys surgery, it implies wrestling is dangerous and he holds some responsibility.

I will get to the rest later. I am too worked up over the pay shit.

I feel like even deep into the 00s, there were allusions for women going on certain WWE tours "for the boys'" morale. I wonder if some of this is just an issue of semantics, whereas Moolah, who up until the late 80s with Vince, was getting the lump sum for her women and part of the money she was getting (or, to put it differently, why she might have gotten more than if she was providing the midgets, for example) was for assumed additional services rendered. That's less dramatic than the business-who-takes-passport story, but bad in other ways for the matter-of-factness of it all.

I'm right with you on this. I'm pretty convinced this is creating a huge wall.

Now I am running cooler.
Lets start with Sweet Georgia Brown. That never should have even went to press. We have a second hand account from her daughter, which is questionable under the best circumstances. If only because Brown is dead. Then her son comes out and says its not true. Which does not mean it did not happen. But it means we have no idea what happened one way or another. At the very least Brown's other children should have been questioned for the article.
Maxxine hates Moolah and rightly so. But right off the bat, it makes her testimony questionable. That said she never said Moolah made an issue of it when Maxxine did not.
Finally you have the thing with Luna. Which is the only thing close to concrete we have against Moolah The Pimp/Human Trafficker.

But this boils down to Moolah irresponsibly sending a teen into an adult situation. Which is nothing to gloss over. Combined with the child endangerment charges Moolah faced decades earlier.

It only adds to the case of Moolah being a greedy piece of garbage. But adds nothing to the pimping charges, which is what the Twitter mob based their entire case on.

Which for an unruly mob, it was a good strategy. You trump up a scandalous story, pressure a sponsor on a time sensitive matter, knowing WWE and Snickers are not going to investigate. Even if it falls apart later, the damage was done. Moolah herself would applaud it.