Pro Wrestling Only

Wrestling with a Generation Gap 24 - Jerry Lawler & the 2018 NJ Rumble

Welcome to the 24th episode of Wrestling with a Generation Gap and the 3rd of our wrestler profiles. This week we take a look at a man whose career has spanned five decades, the King of Memphis, Jerry “The King” Lawler. On the docket we have

Jerry Lawler vs. Dream Machine – the King Returns highlight package

Jerry Lawler vs. Terry Funk

Jerry Lawler vs. Dutch Mantell – barbed wire match

Jerry Lawler & Randy Savage vs. Rick Rude & King Kong Bundy.

Also some promos from the King as he expounds on a country western softball game and address racism in wrestling against the Snowman.

Then it's back to New Japan for January's Wrestle Kingdom Rumble!

A special thanks to everyone who helped me pick the matches and an apology to Dutch Mantell. I mention how awesome it would be if he wrote a book. He wrote two. I am an idiot.

Along the way we get a little on the Women's Rumble, Nick and Dave watch DDT for the first time, Rob covers Ted Dibiase's Mid South heel turn from 82, a huge Dutch Mantell bio, debate about Jerry Lawler and more “who is this guy” from Rob than at an Art Donovan reunion.

Part 2 of our look at the King comes soon. Feedback and comments are always welcome.