Pro Wrestling Only

[2018-03-11-Lucha Memes] Negro Casas vs Aramis

Phil Schneider

This was so good, Casas comes off a broken rib (which has to kill your endurance and effect your breathing) and works a just break neck paced match against some kid young enough to be his grandson. Nothing unusual about oldster luchadores having great matches, but how in the fuck does a 58 year old man work this kind of sprint, Casas looked like 22 year old Juventud Guerrera for shits sake. Aramis is obviously a little green, but I though he was pretty great in this, landing some awesome leglocks, which Casas would counter beautifully, he also breaks out a nutso tope, right into the stantion, and crushing Casas into the seats. Finish was super cool too, with Aramis making the fatal error of trying to Casita, Negro Casas and Casas rolling through and wrapping him up with a gorgeous Casita of his own. Absolutely loved every second of this.

On one hand this didn't totally connect with me like I wanted. But then on the other hand it was still a pretty awesome balls out sprint. If nothing else it's yet another notch on the belt that is Negro Casas' case as the best wrestler to ever do it. Sub-10 minute sprints aren't necessarily what I'd think of if someone asked me what Casas was great at, purely because I can't think of many matches like that he's actually been a part of. Lucha Memes is nothing if not a little different, though. Casas came into this off the end of a broken rib and his selling was pretty exceptional all the way through. He'd drop to a knee in between bouts of rapid matwork or rope running, maybe because he hadn't quite convalesced like he thought, maybe because he's almost sixty and sixty year olds need a breather now and then. Aramis is a fun young flier and he wasn't about to go easy on a legend. His challenging of Casas to strike battles maybe bordered on hubris, but it led to a great moment where he took his shirt off mid-chop exchange because he is a man and pain is temporary or whatever, so Casas made to take his trunks off because I guess this is a thing the young folk do these days. Aramis almost topeing himself through the awning support post was outrageous, but of course the people were quick to check on Casas first and foremost, even to the point where it got a laugh out of Casas. I'd be all for Casas doing more of this sort of thing, provided his body held up to it.

That tope Aramis hit looked devastating. Nothing like anything you would see out of a Dean Ambrose or Seth Rollins. Props for Casas for taking it as well. Casas takes a lot for a man of his age, although what makes him exceptionally great is all the little things he does. From offering to take off his trunks after Aramis removes his shirt to collapsing to one knee after dishing out one too many kicks as his body can't keep up with him, it's no wonder why people rate this guy so highly.

Don't even get me started on that finish. Beautiful stuff.

★★★¼

• 2 weeks later...

Damn, how is Casas still this good at 58? Not only is Casas slick with his matwork, he's aggressive. He attacks the limbs of Aramis. This turns into a really nice, urgent sprint with back-and-forth strike exchanges and a hot finishing stretch with both guys trying everything from big bombs to quick pins to put the other away.

***3/4.

• GSR changed the title to [2018-03-11-Lucha Memes] Negro Casas vs Aramis