Pro Wrestling Only

Time to Boycott ROH cuase of there owners

shodate

That also creates some weird dynamic that, while the tokenistic diversity is in fact at full force in neoliberalism, and Vince is himself a neoliberalist, WWE as a product shies away from said token diversity, and is presented much more in a legitimately diverse setting than most other companies.

Sure, behind the cameras the issue is not so simple and might feature that token diversity or no diversity at all, but as far as we can see on our screens, it is indeed diverse.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Boycotting a wrestling show currently pushing babyfaces in a gay romance angle to fight right-wingery seems rather self-defeating.

If you really want to do something about Sinclair Broadcasting then get involved in campaigns for stronger anti-monopoly legislation. Stuff like that. Not watching Ring of Honor isn't gonna do anything except maybe hurt the wrestlers. If you want to live your life without buying any products/services from oppressive organisations you're gonna have to go live in a cave somewhere. That's how capitalism functions, we all live within it and you can't change it by refusing to engage.

See, neoliberalism as described in this thread is essentially indistinguishable from conservatism (other than the diversity part, which historically has not been Vince McMahon's strong suit to say the least). The term has become basically meaningless. It's little more than an epithet used by leftists to describe anyone to their right.

They only view RoH as cheap programming and that's been confirmed through multiple stories over the years. I doubt this would do anything other than cost some wrestlers a pay check.

Not to mention they had to pretty much be shamed into spending money to upgrade production for ROH. The first few months of Sinclair-owned ROH TV were embarrassingly low rent looking.

Wasn't it a solid year or two before they upgraded the production?

It was in stages. They upgraded to a professional lighting rig after a few months, and later on finally invested in a new video screen setup that didn't look like a bed sheet hung on the wall.

See, neoliberalism as described in this thread is essentially indistinguishable from conservatism (other than the diversity part, which historically has not been Vince McMahon's strong suit to say the least). The term has become basically meaningless. It's little more than an epithet used by leftists to describe anyone to their right.

Given that neoliberalism, at least in America, began with Democrats moving further right to ride the Reaganite neocon wave...

would the ROH experience with Sinclair suggest that any Sinclair effort to try and gain control of eyeballs would be undermined by their cheapness?

But yeah, considering that they're not having the ROH announcers break into match commentary to read a must-run editorial, and that ROH's main heel stable isn't called the Deep State.. boycotting ROH because of Sinclair would be like boycotting Bacon Dippers because of Nabisco's ties to RJR.

us right wingers use neo-lib to attack the left based on what I know I am as far left as you can go I want worker popular-owned not state-owned Means of production most neo-libs to want the total opposite to me that is 100% there is also pro-union power neo-libs want union power broken so they can abuse workers he thing is the us you do not have any true left wingers sanders is Social Democrat basically aa a fake left winger

what do i mean i fake left winger it was the SDP who sent in the army agest Karl and Rosa in 1919 so very very left wing of them SD are center at best center right ar best all sd's are this all the neo's are right wing neocon to neo reactionary economic left has been the same for over 50 years while the right has gone further to the right

if I talked English well enough i could have talk to a Tony Benn and agreed with him on most things around 90% based on how left he was the US need a Benn type, not a Sanders type

to redress the balance in the spectrum is one if the best judges of hoe truly left wing a politician is cause I'm judging from the left the closer to me they are the more left they and the further away from me they are the more right they are how messed up the uS and UK spectrums are os fra right that a Modarate is Dem-sco like Coybyn ] or sd like sanders are seen as some radical faleft winger when he is mondrate in most things unlike say Benn Corbyn based o what i know of the platform s i agree with around 40-50% of it and sanders even less around 20% of his platform in witch i agree

That's entirely untrue if you actually understand what the term is meant to describe; that is, the change in the operation and organisation of capitalism that began in the 1970s and the logic of which was politically hegemonic for about 35 years.

Clinton and Bush disagree on social issues but are otherwise almost exactly the same. Every President has basically taken the same approach to those four pillars (intervention, trade, deregulation, tax cuts) since Jimmy Carter. They only argue questions of degree.

The neo-liberals only goal is to kill the working class simple fact by putting all the power in the hands of- the 1% and this is whether or not they proclaim themselves to be members of a right of a left-wing party like the Blairite faction of uk labour party who are not, in fact, left-wing the Blairites are not i mean the Labour Party should be

my view of the spectrum is this left or right wing is the Economic stance Conservative or progressive is the Social views side

That also creates some weird dynamic that, while the tokenistic diversity is in fact at full force in neoliberalism, and Vince is himself a neoliberalist, WWE as a product shies away from said token diversity, and is presented much more in a legitimately diverse setting than most other companies.

Sure, behind the cameras the issue is not so simple and might feature that token diversity or no diversity at all, but as far as we can see on our screens, it is indeed diverse.

I'd actually say the opposite as far as token diversity. If anything, they seem to embrace it. Notice, for example, how they always want a Latin star. Not multiple Latin stars. Just one. The recent presentation of Nia Jax is in many ways the most out-of-the-box thing they've done maybe ever.

I'd actually say the opposite as far as token diversity. If anything, they seem to embrace it. Notice, for example, how they always want a Latin star. Not multiple Latin stars. Just one. The recent presentation of Nia Jax is in many ways the most out-of-the-box thing they've done maybe ever.

Look how the WWE has treated Asian workers there a typical right-wing dance Coolie dance Idea.

Nakamura and Uwai are the only two who have not been treated that way over 50 years of WWE History

Japan had the Funks as faces in the 1980's Rikidozan was Korean Chono was born in the US while the WWE still has the evil another kind ideal with Jinder

In a democracy you are free to formulate your own political opinions and vote as you please. The downside of that is, some people will formulate different opinions and vote differently. That is ok, and, dare I say, a good thing.

If you dont agree with a person or organisations politics and wish to boycott them, thats fine. If you arent that bothered or even agree with them, thats fine too. I dont think it is right to call on everyone to support or boycott anything because of politics. It is everyones free choice.

Personally, in the back of my mind, I know wrestling is, and always has been, full of dodgy characters who get up to all sorts that I dont approve of. I just let myself forget about it all and enjoy watching.

While I agree with you on them wanting a Latin star, specially looking back to the mid 00s and early 10s, I am starting to sense that there's some shift going on right now in terms of presentations, specially when it comes to asian wrestlers (see Jinder, Nakamura, Asuka) and african-american wrestlers.

And it seems that also while they want a next Rey or next Eddie (frankly, who wouldn't?), they are also trying more to make Latin wrestlers more prominent figures. Compare the treatment the Lucha House Party has when compared to what the Mexicools, who got into the ring riding lawnmowers, got. Vega and Almas are also tearing the house down on NXT, they are absolutely one of the top acts, and possibly THE top act.

I know they still are far from the ideal perspective of a diverse company, but when compared to basically every other mainstream company, their approach - to me, at least - seems more inclusive from an in-ring standpoint. I believe that their approach is only going to further enhance that, but I don't believe it's from the heart, TBH.

While I agree with you on them wanting a Latin star, specially looking back to the mid 00s and early 10s, I am starting to sense that there's some shift going on right now in terms of presentations, specially when it comes to asian wrestlers (see Jinder, Nakamura, Asuka) and african-american wrestlers.

And it seems that also while they want a next Rey or next Eddie (frankly, who wouldn't?), they are also trying more to make Latin wrestlers more prominent figures. Compare the treatment the Lucha House Party has when compared to what the Mexicools, who got into the ring riding lawnmowers, got. Vega and Almas are also tearing the house down on NXT, they are absolutely one of the top acts, and possibly THE top act.

I know they still are far from the ideal perspective of a diverse company, but when compared to basically every other mainstream company, their approach - to me, at least - seems more inclusive from an in-ring standpoint. I believe that their approach is only going to further enhance that, but I don't believe it's from the heart, TBH.

look how wwe,screwed mistico who was the the biggest draw in in the world at the time they picked him up.

Sombra will never be a top carder on the main roster consistanly, Rey and eddie were midcarders more than anything even as champs based on booking

now carstico is not even a draw in mexico thanks wwe .

Jinder is not in fact from India and sombra is could be there first legit mexican star Eddie and Rey are not Mexican like Sombra, sombra has a chance to be like a JCC style hero im wwe JCC as in the boxer rather than a de la hoya style like eddie and rey

if wwe did nickname like new japan i give almas/sombra the nickname El Gran Campeón Mexicano but thats just me

I don't know how you can say they screwed Mistico. They gave him every chance to get over. Mistico never put the effort in. His work gave a mentality of he was entitled to success because he was Mistico.

Im sorry wwe Homogeous style Screws alot of people over forcing the change a style that would have gotten him over the biggest drawing enmascarado in modern times[ post 1980's] forcing him the change his style a huge way to Screw him .

WWE 's Homogeous style up untill these past few years has in fact made it very hard for to call wwe workers top level .

Look at the top three of new japan in the 1990's three very diffrent inring styles Muto the Tecnico Chono the Brawler Hashimoto The model of the Stoic Japanese ace [ i know he was not booked as ace Muto was ] but hash was new Japans Misawa

while for the most part minus Bret in the eraly 1990's the Top of WWE's card have always had the same style in ring slow plodding for the most part, alot of the time very wrote style i cannot tell for the most part one hogan match apart from the other while most say Misawa vs Kawada had somthing differrent about them compare muto[Muta] vs hase or muto vs Takada then compare hogan vs Andre to Hogan vs UW.

you will see what i mean its wwe style that almost killed 205 live let jrs be jrs.

its the that wwe insistance that they had to work that style that did what it did to mystico or is the case that the Muscle heads yo has the look not not infact have the cardio to keep up with mistico.

and im shocked it only the mistico comment you felt fit to comment on

You are wrong about Rey and Eddy, but that seems more obvious.

no im not they were bith born in the us ie there not JCC like at all you are were your born eddie was born in texas rey in san diego, so yes there more like oscar than JCC who made Mistico a compere too someone born in mexico ocsar i wager was hero to Latin fans but you will never see him on list of top mexican boxers of all time

cuase i one huge reason he was not born in mexico nor were rey and eddie and this is the same reason i will never have eddie ot rey listed as top mexican worker of all time

wwe had caras jr but booked him as a heel i do not think caras was ever a Rudo for any extented time in his 50 years

went well i said with sombra they have a chance to have there first legit mexican star i would also take JCC's nickname and slap it on him having there first legit mexican top level guy would be wothy of that

hell WWE even has rey drop the Jr from his name

The issue is WWE did not force him to change his style. They did everything to work around him and Mistico did not even try to adapt.

he should not have needed to work look at the comparison i made between Toukon sanjuushi who had very diffrent styles they should have let be him exmple Osprey in New Japan ot day has not been forced change his style not that i like his style but him vs Liger two very differing styles and that match was good or say saber with Ishii two workers who could not in fact have more differing style and they work very well togeather that is almost like putting NWO Chono vs Fujiwara or Tamura,

so you saying wwe people who have the look could not keep up with Mistico by saying he did not try to adapt.

Homogeous style is boring and sucks life from the sport .

you may say date you like shootstyle my fave Ikeda match are not his ishiakwa stuff as rule most of the time the same with kaki if there was a card around with alaychs brawl a maesto match a Kings road match RINGS style match Strong style match a old style Soutern style match a wwe style match a go go go work rate match i love that card moreany thing

i like my styles mixed

That's entirely untrue if you actually understand what the term is meant to describe; that is, the change in the operation and organisation of capitalism that began in the 1970s and the logic of which was politically hegemonic for about 35 years.

Let me ask again. What exactly is the difference between neoliberalism and conservatism? Is it solely the the former is more socially tolerant?

Let me ask again. What exactly is the difference between neoliberalism and conservatism? Is it solely the the former is more socially tolerant?

Neo-Libs are closer to Right Libertarians[Classcal Liberals] and not in my nation the Liberal Democratic party is the center-right party and yes i safely call them centre right unlike say the Gop in the US who are far right Neo-Liberals Neo-Liberal is just an economic stance on social issues your either libertarian or Authoritarian and both Social types can be both sides of the spectrum

You are wrong about Rey and Eddy, but that seems more obvious.

no im not they were bith born in the us ie there not JCC like at all you are were your born eddie was born in texas rey in san diego, so yes there more like oscar than JCC who made Mistico a compere too someone born in mexico ocsar i wager was hero to Latin fans but you will never see him on list of top mexican boxers of all time

cuase i one huge reason he was not born in mexico nor were rey and eddie and this is the same reason i will never have eddie ot rey listed as top mexican worker of all time

Woooosh