Pro Wrestling Only

WWF on Tour April 1986

LowBlowPodcast

A new era indeed. Flair on top of the world. Sting making some noise. Savage with some choice words for the Horsemen. Sika is an uncontrollable monster right now. Love the house show feud going on between the Rockers and Roma/Hernandez. Flair/Santana looked like a fun crowd pleasing match. Hart Foundation have a lot of teams gunning for them but it's going to be a tough task getting the belts off them. Cant wait to hear what Flair has to say next week. I'm really curious to hear what Hogan has to say.

Wow...Ric Flair as WWF Champion in 1986 is what I consider this sort of project meeting it's full potential....This is an amazing turn of events that makes things fun moving forward as WWF has broken out of the Hulkamania cycle and everything feels new and different not only here but Mid Atlantic as well.

wcd0.jpg

WWF Presents: Wrestling Challenge

Hosted By: Gorilla Monsoon & Bobby the Brain Heenan
Matches from: Worcester, MA - Centrum

Featuring: Sting, Tonga Kid, The Rockers, Hercules & Roma w/ Jimmy Hart, & The One Man Gang

-We also got an angle in which Slick and Jimmy Hart exchanged some money and now Jimmy Hart took control of the contracts of Hercules and Paul Roma. Slick says he is going to debut his new tag team on Monday during Prime Time!

-Bobby Heenan puts over how the NEW WWF Champion will be on Prime Time this week!

WWF Live 4/26

Detroit, MI – Joe Louis Arena

MAIN EVENT

WWF CHAMPIONSHIP

Ric Flair © defeated Tito Santana via count out

INTERCONTINENTAL CHAMPIONSHIP

Randy Savage vs Barry Windham © went to a 30-minute draw

TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP

The Hart Foundation © defeated Greg Valentine & Honky Tonk Man

Arn Anderson & Tully Blanchard defeated the Rockers

Demolition defeated the British Bulldogs

Dino Bravo defeated Don Muraco

Bull Ganter defeated the One Man Gang via DQ

Billy Jack Haynes defeated Bad News Brown

x240-cD0.jpg

WWF Presents: All-American Wrestling
Mean Gene Okerlund & Pat Patterson

Featuring: Bull Ganter, Honky Tonk Man, Demolition, Don Muraco, & Tito Santana

-Bobby Heenan puts over how the NEW WWF Champion will be on Prime Time this week!

superstarslogo.png

WWF Presents: Superstars of Wrestling
Hosted By: Vince McMahon & Jesse ‘ The Body’ Ventura
Matches from: Worcester, MA - Centrum

Featuring: Bad News Brown, Randy Savage, Greg Valentine, Sting, & The Bulldogs

-We see a recap of the Slick selling the contracts of Hercules and Roma to Jimmy Hart and Slick putting over his new team coming this Monday to Prime Time!

WWF Live 4/27

Chicago, IL – Rosemont Horizon
MAIN EVENT

WWF CHAMPIONSHIP

Ric Flair © defeated Tito Santana via count out

INTERCONTINENTAL CHAMPIONSHIP

Randy Savage vs Barry Windham © went to a 30-minute draw

TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP

The Hart Foundation © defeated Greg Valentine & Honky Tonk Man

Arn Anderson & Tully Blanchard defeated the Rockers

Demolition defeated the British Bulldogs

Dino Bravo defeated Don Muraco

Bull Ganter defeated the One Man Gang via DQ

Billy Jack Haynes defeated Bad News Brown

I think what I like most about your booking is how you never hesitate to switch around your managers' pairings to get the most out of them. I certainly didn't expect to see Hercules & Paul Roma with Jimmy Hart. I think it could actually make for a better pairing with Jimmy Hart than they did IRL with Slick.

Flair and Santana is such an exciting match for me. Santana is a good first opponent for Flair around the horn. Tully and Arn going against the Rockers is sheer excitement. I also love Hercules and Roma going with Jimmy Hart. A nice little change up there. Can't wait to hear what Flair has to say.

wwf-prime-time-wrestling.jpg

WWF Presents: Prime Time Wrestling 4/28

Hosted by Gorilla Monsoon & Jesse the Body Ventura

Matches from: St. Louis, MO – Kiel Auditorium

-Prime Time opens this week with a limo arrival of the Horsemen and they are dressed to the nines with some gold and some mysterious women… Heenan says this will be a night to remember… we cut inside the arena with Jesse and Gorilla putting over the big card including a special singles match between two tag team competitors! Right now we have tag team action from one of the up and coming teams in the WWF… the Rockers!

The Rockers vs Barry Horowitz & Steve Lombardi

-A pretty solid outing for Marty and Shawn tonight as they put on a nice contest with two good hands. Nothing spectacular but it is the after match shenanigans that make this one interesting. During the contest we hear Jimmy Hart come into the scene and he is with Valentine & Honky along with his new team… Hercules and Paul Roma… The Rockers hit a double dropkick and get the win but this is just getting started…

-Hart is putting over the big tag title match this week on Superstars. He says that when all is said and done he will have all the right pieces to win the tag titles either with Valentine & Honky or with his newest team… Hercules and Paul Roma… THE POWER AND THE GLORY! They all pump up the big signing but the Rockers don’t seem to be impressed. They come over to the set and put over how Roma and Hercules have been ducking them and if they want to prove to everything they are a real team… the Rockers challenge them to a match this week on Challenge! Hart accepts and just like that his weekend got that much more full!

*COMMERCIAL*

-Prime Time is back with Gorilla and Jesse putting over the Harts as the tag champs and the strong tag team division. Tonight we’ll see two tag wrestlers in singles action! We see the Bulldogs come out and they cut a promo on Demolition, Muraco, Sika, and Mr. Fuji. They put over how Andre the giant is hurt right now and had a broken arm. They know that Andre will be back when the time is right and there is no doubt that Sika will pay. We then see Dino Bravo come out and join the Bulldogs and says he isn’t 100% but he will be there for them tonight when they need it!

Davey Boy Smith vs Demolition Ax w/ Mr. Fuji

-Lots of chaos to start this one before officials come out and reprimand everyone to the back. Muraco, Smash, Sika, Dynamite, and Bravo have to go but Fuji stays and we see a great contest here for about 9-minutes. Some may remember Ax being a great singles star and he shows off some ability here tonight while Davey Boy can handle his own. We see Ax control most of the contest but Davey Boy fights back until he hits the ropes and Fuji NAILS him with the cane! This gives Ax a chance to roll him up with a handful of tights for the 3-count and the crowd is irate! Fuji and Ax get out of dodge while Davey Boy holds his back in pain!

*COMMERCIAL*

-Prime Time is back and we see footage from this past weekend in which Jimmy Hart and Slick exchanged some money and talent. Jimmy Hart got Power and Glory while Slick got some money and with that money he did this…

Slick: Well let me tell you something Go-Rilla Monsoon…. I have traveled the world to find the biggest and the baddest. This man right here (One Man Gang) is going to be the one to bring the hammer down my man and brother he can do it to anyone that he wants. You are going to see that tonight but you see…. I wouldn’t mind getting my hands on a little gold brutha… and with that I wanted to put together a tag team that meant business! I wanted to put a tag team together that struck fear into the hearts of every man, woman, and child who saw em. When my man Jimmy Hart and I traded some talent for some money… well brutha I put that money to work and I decided to get me a little IMPORT action if you will. So tonight… I introduce to you… two men who are bigger and badder than any tag team in wrassling… Nikolai and Boris… the RUSSIAN ASSASSINS!

-Out walk Boris Zhukov and Nikolai Volkoff and they look pretty good here. They get a good ooo and aaaahhh from the crowd as Slick puts them over in a big way. We then cut to the ring for our six-man tag main event...

Tonga Kid, Jim Powers, & SD Jones vs The Russian Assassins & The One Man Gang w/ Slick

-Pretty great showing here from the Russians who are some pretty decent hands in short bursts. We get to see them beat the shit out of Jones and Powers pretty good. Tonga Kid is able to hold his own a little bit but nothing doing when the One Man Gang gets involved and really starts to wear him down! The finish sees the Russians grab Jim Powers. Boris holds him on his shoulders for a powerslam and then Nikolai comes off the middle rope with an elbow to the back of the neck and then the Boris Powerslam for the 3-count! Then we see the Russians really start to put the boots to him but out of the back comes Bull Ganter and the Bull is hot! He comes out and rips away his shirt asking for a fight with the Gang but nothing doing. These two have a lot of history and my oh my they could get it on right now but the Gang smirks and backs up.When will these two clash and what will happen when they do?!?!

*COMMERCIAL*

-We are back on Prime Time and Jesse and Gorilla build it up as we hear the music. First we see Arn Anderson and Tully Blanchard walk out followed by Bobby Heenan and Intercontinental Champion Barry Windham. Then we see a spotlight on the entryway as Ric Flair emerges with two beautiful women…

sherri-martel-ffe99036-8366-4bdb-b3ed-1c

MV5BMjlhOTA4ODQtNjVkZC00OTQzLTg3NWUtZmQ4

ric-flair-big-gold.jpg

-Gorilla and Jesse put over Flair’s arrival with the rest of the Horsemen. Gorilla is going nuts about the circumstances of how the title changed hands. Jesse is too busy putting over the beautiful women. We hear Heenan announce that the women are Sherri and Angel. He puts over how they are the personal secretaries of the Horsemen and will be dealing with some of the ins and outs of being champions and the top talent in the world. Heenan says he will have his hands full managing the careers of the top four wrestlers in the world but with their help it will be done. We then hear from each of the Horsemen…

Arn Anderson: We told you it wouldn’t take long. We told you that the time was come. Well the time is now… the place is here… the Horsemen have arrived. We came here to get the World Title and we’ve got it! Now… it is all about the fixings. With the World Title and the IC title… there are two left…. The tag titles… Hart Foundation… we know you’ve got your hands full… but they are about to get overloaded…. Because we’re coming!

Tully Blanchard: That’s right Arn… you see it is all about the fixings right now. Look at Sherri… look at Angel… haha… it doesn’t get any better. Like Double A said… Bret Hart and Jim Neidhart… you better understand that the target on your back just got that much bigger. I almost feel naked out here… but I have got an Angel on my arm so it is okay… but my waist… my waist wants some gold and the gold you two have is the gold we want and we are on the hunt!

Barry Windham: You know just a couple of months ago I sat there and looked around and saw a couple of guys fighting for a coming good. We called ourselves a “Family” but we were not joined like this unit. Bobby Heenan and I spoke and we talked about putting this together… bringing in the Horsemen… and it was at Hogan’s expense which makes it that much better. Now on to my business… Randy Savage… you my friend have been that thorn on my heel. I have picked you out but somehow stepped on you again. Well Savage I have stepped on you for the list time and now I squish you. I am sick and tired of hearing you complain about this and that… I have beat you on the grandest stage… I have taken your crown... I have taken your title… and all that is left will be your dignity. When the Horsemen and I are done with you there will be nothing left.

Ric Flair: I stand here a man… with money… with women… with the best friends in the world… a man with the most prestigious title… but I don’t have it all. There is one thing left that I need. Hulk Hogan… I told the world that I would take this title and I did it. I told the world I would humiliate you and I did it. Now… I am telling the world that I am going to run you out of the WWF forever… but the best part is Hogan… you don’t get a shot at this (holds up title)! HAHA! You signed the dotted line… you accepted the match… you lost it…. And now you never get the chance at the title again! The Horsemen are on top of the world and there is no one… and I mean no one who can get in our way! WOOO!

-The crowd then pops as we see Tito Santana walk out!

hqdefault.jpg

-Tito walks right up to the Horsemen. Gorilla says he is the number one contender for the WWF Championship and he is face to face with Ric Flair…

Ric Flair: Listen there Chico… before you say something… just know that we may be the best dressed men in the business but we will pounce on you like a piece of meat in a second if you say the wrong…

Tito Santana: Why don’t you just shut up right there!

-The crowd pops as Flair puts the title down and takes off his coat…

Tito Santana: Now since you have come to the WWF you have pushed people around. You have made your presence known…. But you need to know that there are some of us who don’t care about these thugs around you! There are some of us who aren’t afraid to stand up with you… face to face and fight you for the title right there!

Ric Flair: Well pal…. By hook or by crook you get your shot at SNME… but know that it will be your one and only shot and if you say something else… you are going to be in a world of…

Tito Santana: Hurt? You gonna put me in a world of hurt Flair? I don’t think there is one thing you could do without those guys around you and that made me think that perhaps I needed some back up. Perhaps I needed someone to help me out.

Ric Flair: There is no one dumb enough to come out here and help you pal…

Tito Santana: That may be what you think… but I know the people here in St. Louis know you Flair… they know your past… and they know this man…

42f8bbd535cf95bb17b7f5f616093b5b.jpg

-THE CROWD EXPLODES WITH WAHOO MCDANIEL! Wahoo is here and he walks up next to Tito Santana and Flair is going nuts! Wahoo doesn’t say much but he is staring Flair down. Flair is ranting and raving right now as the Horsemen are holding him back. This is pure chaos!

Nice set-up for Roma & Hercules vs The Rockers.

Davey Boy vs Axe is a good way to keep that feud going.

Tully & Arn vs The Hart Foundation is really something to look forward to.

The tag scene in the WWF is hot right now!

I agree, your tag team division is on fire. Cant wait for Tully/Arn vs. Hart Foundation. I have a feeling this will be a much better version of Volkoff and Zhukov than IRL. Bull and One Man Gang is really heating up. Liked the Axe/Davey Boy match, fun TV main event. What a segment by the Horsemen! Love the additions of Angel and Sherri. I've said this before but I'm really liking Flair/Santana. And now Wahoo is in the mix! The WWF is experiencing a great shift right now.

My recollection is Tito was a very early Flair opponent in MSG in late 1991. I thought he fit the Flair formula match really well. Sherri and Woman would easily make my top 3 valets so I'm thinking the Horsemen got the right women on their side. Brainbusters and Rockers is definitely a match worth seeing. Bulldogs & Demo should be a hot feud too. Wahoo as Tito's backup definitely works.

Wow, wow, wow, wow, wow....That Horsemen angle is the gift that keeps on giving. Shaping into something fantastic with the addition of Sherri & Woman. And now, Tito Santana brings in Wahoo McDaniel to team up with him. I love seeing Tito being the top babyface for the moment. I think this is a great role for him.

And I totally didn't expect Jimmy Hart's new team to be Zhukov & Volkoff! Well done!