Pro Wrestling Only

NWA World Wrestling Council April 1986

dawho5

Wow...what a show! I understand the concern on some of the "wonky" finishes but Puerto Rico is a different animal than most...much like Memphis fans thrive on the chaos and the need for revenge.

Ricky Santana winning the way he did against Owen with all the build up was PERFECT...loved it!

I think the DQ finish for los Invaders vs. The Starrs was the right call....a lot more story to tell here.

The Barabbas/Bam Bam story really called for that finish as well...and Bam Bam is still fresh here, plenty of time to come after Ayala.

I love Abby taking the belt from Carlos! Nuclear freakin' heat you can draw off of for a months.

Oh man what an action packed card! Singh with an oh so close submission win, looks like TNT can thank El Profe for that one. What a series of brawls with Medicos/Mercenarios and Mantell/Jaggers, Happy that Castillo and Perez finally got that big win over Boyd and Crusher. Fun match with Invaders and Starrs, which segues into another angle with the Pastores interfering. Bam Bam finally has enough of Barrabas and knocks him out! Bam Bam is really being set up as a major player in this world. Santana wins the tournament by giving Owen a huge taste of his own medicine. Looks like Bruce might be next. WOW! Abby beats Colon for the title in an epic brawl! Outstanding night of action. This card certainly lived up to the build.

• 2 weeks later...
Original airdate April 25th, 1986

(Originally airing in Spanish on WAPA Channel 4 in San Juan, Puerto Rico. This broadcast is translated to English where applicable.)

The opening montage featuring highlights of Carlos Colon, Chicky Starr, Invader 1, Invader 2, Invader 3, Abdullah the Butcher, Hercules Ayala, Bam Bam and Dutch Mantell plays. Carlos Colon doing a cartwheel and coming up fists at the ready leads to the WWC logo as the music ends.

NWA and Capitol Sports Presenta

Los Campeones De La Lucha Libre

Con Tus Luchadores Favoritos De Fama Mundial

Rickin Sanchez and Hugo Savinovich sit smiling at the commentary desk in Coliseo Municipal Pedro Rodriguez Gaya De Catano.

Rickin: Welcome to another exciting week of World Wrestling Council action fans. We have a lot to talk about tonight.

Hugo: A lot happened in Roberto Clemente Coliseum!!

Rickin: A lot indeed. First and foremost we need to address what happened to Carlitos Colon. It has been determined that Abdullah the Butcher threw ammonia into his eyes. Doctors are unsure if Colon will be able to see again.

Hugo: EVER!!?!?

Rickin: Yes. There is a chance this could be permanent, I believe the chances the doctors gave Carlitos were along the lines of a 30 percent chance of regaining his vision.

Hugo: That's going a little far....

Rickin: I think any sane man would agree. We can also be pretty sure that Bam Bam is no longer with Barrabas.

Hugo: I'm not sure he has wanted to be for a while!

Rickin: Probably true. Bam Bam knocked Barrabas out cold after Barrabas cost him the match last weekend. I can't imagine either man wants to continue their working relationship.

Hugo: I wouldn't want a man who knocked me out cold in my stable!

Rickin: Exactly. Tonight we have a lot of great action for you. Both los Mercenarios and the team of Jonathan Boyd and the Crusher will be in action.

Hugo: Boyd and the Crusher need a win after Castillo and Perez beat them on the 19th.

Rickin: It wouldn't hurt. Especially since they are Barrabas' only clients right now. Ron Starr, one half of the Caribbean Tag Team champions, will be in singles action.

Hugo: Ron is a great wrestler and a treat to watch!

Rickin: His allegiances concern me, but that is true. The Rock and Roll RPMs will be in action as well. As will be Abdullah Tamba.

Hugo: Little Abdullah!....Er...Just remember it wasn't him last weekend.

Rickin: I know that, but I doubt these fans will take it easy on him or Chicky Starr so soon.

Hugo: Did Chicky know that was going to happen!??!?

Rickin: I imagine he did, but there is no proof. Huracan Castillo Jr. and Miguelito Perez will be out to the desk before their match tonight, our main event, as well.

Hugo: They have to be feeling good about their big win!

Rickin: It will be interesting to see their reaction. Barrabas will stop b the desk, as will Owen Hart and his older brother Bruce.

Hugo: I wonder how Owen will handle that conversation.

Rickin: We'll have to see. Los Invaders will stop by the desk as well. Ricky Santana will join Chicky Starr in the Sports Shop this week.

Hugo: If he gets time! Chicky will have a lot to talk about!!

Rickin: He most certainly will. Los Mercenarios are on their way to the ring and the crowd is voicing their displeasure.

Hugo: But they are saving their garbage!

Rickin: I imagine for one Chicky Starr.

Hugo: I agree..

Rickin: Los Mercenarios had a brawl that spent more time outside the ring than in it with los Super Medicos in Roberto Clemente Stadium.

Hugo: Do you think that is finished?

Rickin: Something tells me it isn't. Los Mercenarios seem ready for a fight and they are rushing the ring. Referee Tomas Marin is calling for the bell.

Los Assassins (1 & 3) vs. Los Mercenarios

The Mercs use their standard brawling tactics after the ambush. A big headbutt by Merc 1 stops Assassin 3's comeback. Merc 2 takes the tag and hits a running senton after a rib breaker by Merc 1. This is enough for the three, but the Mercs are not done.

Los Mercenarios by pinfall in 5:11 with a rib breaker/senton combo

Rickin: There is no reason for this.

Hugo: I think we've seen enough wrestlers hurt lately...

Rickin: Yes we have. We'll be right back after these messages with Barrabas, Jonathan Boyd and the Crusher stopping by the desk before their match.

(Commercial Break) 0-10:00

Rickin: Welcome back fans. I am joined by Barrabas and his remaining clients Jonathan Boyd and-

Barrabas: Excuse me?! Bam Bam is still a client. He is resting after a match in Japan yesterday if you must know! He'll be back!

Rickin: Okay. Until then, we have Jonathan Boyd and the Crusher to talk about. They lost-

Barrabas: They were robbed. Did you not see Castillo pulling Jonathan Boyd's trunks?!

Rickin: I saw a missile dropkick and a legal three count.

Barrabas: Of course you did! You are loving this aren't you?! Don't get used to it, Rickin Sanchez!

Barrabas storms off towards the ring with Boyd and the Crusher in tow.

Rickin: That went about as well as I thought it would.

Hugo: Maybe I should interview him!

Rickin: It's not a bad idea. Boyd and the Crusher have an important match in front of them.

Hugo: They really need the win here!

Rickin: Yes they do. They are a very good team, but it had to be a tough loss for them after how dismissive Barrabas was of Castillo and Perez.

Hugo: That is usually a tactic to psych out the other team before a big match.

Rickin: One that didn't work this time.

Hugo: Not always, no.

Rickin: I believe that Barrabas underestimated his team's opponents and that cost them. He just ordered Boyd and the Crusher to attack before the bell. Referee Ricky Vargas has no choice but to start the match.

Los Tejanos vs. Jonathan Boyd & the Crusher

Boyd's energetic brawling and the Crusher's power keep the advantage through most of the match. A big boot from Crusher catches Tejano 1 as he hits the ropes for momentum. Crusher tags in Boyd and holds Tejano's arms behind his back. Boyd hits the three point clothesline for the three.

Jonathan Boyd & the Crusher by pinfall in 5:24 with an assisted three point clothesline

Rickin: Barrabas seems happy with that win.

Hugo: Yes! He hasn't ordered them to attack after the match!

Rickin: Sometimes you appreciate the small things. We'll be back with Chicky Starr's Sports Shop. Ron Starr will be in action as well.

Hugo: You'd better stay tuned!! You don't want to miss either one!!

(Commercial Break) 10:00 - 17:00

Hugo: You're going to be glad you stuck around!! It's time for the Sports Shop!!

The Sports Shop intro plays and we cut to Victor on the Sports Shop set with a microphone.

Victor (wooden): It is my pleasure to introduce the hottest wrestler and manager in the World Wrestling Council. Ladies and gentlemen, here is the most exciting, most charismatic, best dressed man in Puerto Rico, Chicky Starr.

Chicky walks on set in his custom suit, clearly angry. His Caribbean Tag Team Title is draped over his shoulder. He picks up a microphone and sits down.

Chicky: Ladies and Gentlemen, I apologize. My legal department was not successful last week in forcing the World Wrestling Council to air the Spirts Shop. As a result you were robbed of the part of the show you tuned in to see. Be assured that legal action is in motion and your voice will be heard.

Chicky pauses and shakes his head.

Chicky: As many of you know, the imminent defeat of Los Invaders was averted by an attack. It seems los Pastores have no respect for title matches. If los Pastores are going to continue assaulting los Invaders, which seems to be the case, I want new challengers for the belts. It seems the WWC cannot control these madmen.

Chicky looks off-stage and gets angry again.

Chicky: Was something I said funny?! If you're going tot continue to interrupt me and be a distraction we might as well just get on with it. Welcome my guest this week, the inaugural, undeserving WWC Light Heavyweight Champion Ricky Santana.

Santana walks on set and picks up a mic before sitting down. He has his belt over his shoulder.

Chicky: How does it feel to cheat your way to a win over a man you can't beat cleanly?

Santana: You have a lot more experience with that than I do. Why don't you let the fans in on why you like it so much?

Chicky: And in front of his older brother no less. Bruce Hart had every right to complain about both you and that awful referee. He should have decked you too!

Santana: I've had enough of Owen Hart's nonsense in the ring and out of it. It's time he got a taste of his own medicine. His brother will find out in time what he's been up to.

Chicky: Since when was winning all of your matches with a pinfall off a clean move something to be ashamed of?

Santana: You're such a hypocrite. I'm sure you wanted Owen Hart for this week's show, but he can't be here.

Chicky: Oh, and why is that?

Santana: Because he is trying to play nice for his older brother. Can't very well bring him on YOUR show.

Chicky: I'm sure somebody understands what you are talking about.

Santana: Do you want to know why I came here today? Why I even agreed to be on your sham of a show again?

Chicky: If you insult my show again I'll have Victor beat you senseless. Then I'll make sure you never wrestle again. And I don't care why you came on my show. You can leave any time you like.

Santana: I was about leave to anyway. Funny how you'd need your statue over there to do the dirty work first though. I came to tell you that you and your boys better watch your backs. After what you had Abdullah the Butcher do to Carlitos you're not going to get any mercy at all!

Santana walks off set and Chicky sits looking into the camera and shaking his head.

Chicky: If anyone thinks I had anything to do with Abdullah the Butcher throwing ammonia into Carlitos Colon's eyes, they are mistaken. I looked up after Carlitos had knocked me off the apron and Abdullah had won the match. I had no idea Colon had been blinded...but then again, I won't be disciplining Abdullah the Butcher anytime soon either. Carlitos Colon is the lowest of the low and deserves any pain he is going through!

Chicky pauses, smiles and nods.

Chicky: That's it for another edition of Chicky Starr's Sports Shop. Next week I'll be talking to El Profe and TNT, be sure to tune in. It's not close to possible they can be as bad a guest as Ricky Santana.

Cut to the desk.

Rickin: That was...

Hugo: Somewhat expected?

Rickin: I expected him to be angry, and to taunt Ricky Santana. But to deny having a part in the blinding of Carlitos Colon. I don't know if I buy it.

Hugo: Abdullah can be very unpredictable. It's part of what makes him dangerous!

Rickin: Fair enough. But Chicky Starr seems to accept the results easily enough.

Hugo: The war escalated! If he doesn't accept that and act accordingly it will not go well for him.

Rickin: That's a good point. Here comes Ron Starr, flanked by Chicky.

Hugo: And the fans certainly have their garbage ready!

Rickin: Security almost needed to step in there. (As an aside, the WWC had military police at ringside with batons to keep the fans in line.)

Hugo: The fans are going to blame Chicky for Carlitos....

Rickin: It may become necessary to keep him off of TV.

Hugo: Yes, for his own safety and that of the fans. Ron seems to want a fan to jump the railing!

Rickin: I'm very sure that would go badly for a fan.

Hugo: Me too!

Rickin: We're ready to go. Referee Victor Quininez just called for the bell.

El Vikingo vs. Rambo Ron Starr

Starr uses his big elbows, a side suplex and a vertical suplex to control. Vikingo fires off some punches, but Starr hits an elbow followed by a big knee lift. A brainbuster DDT follows, more than enough to get the three.

Rambo Ron Starr by pinfall in 4:04 with a brainbuster DDT

Rickin: Ron showed his versatility in the ring tonight.

Hugo: Impressive with how hot the fans are at he and Chicky!

Rickin: True enough. Not that I can blame the fans. Wait a minute.

Hugo: Here come los Invaders and Hercules Ayala! And los Super Medicos!

Rickin: Al Madril is sending los Mercenarios out, and there is Abdullah Tamba.

Hugo: This is getting out of hand!!

Rickin: In a few minutes I'll be talking to Owen and Bruce Hart at the desk. Then we'll see Abdullah Tamba in action. This is going to take some time to clean up. We'll be right back.

(Commercial Break) 17:00 - 26:00

Rickin: Welcome back fans, I'm told los Invaders and Hercules Ayala have been detained in the locker room until the end of our next match to keep things under control. (English) I am joined now by Owen and Bruce Hart. Last week-

Bruce: I apologize for interrupting, but I wanted to say something. I may have come across as rude or overly angry last Saturday. I didn't mean to be. It's just that the first thing I saw when I got here was my baby brother getting booed, trash thrown at him. Then he wrestles a great match and the other guy blatantly hits him in the groin. He's told me things are a little different here...

Rickin: Bruce, your brother isn't-

Owen: Rickin is trying to tell you that i'm not well-liked sometimes because I don't use the style that they like here. It's a little different, like you noticed on last Saturday.

Bruce: It is. A little loose on the rules. There should have been a lot more count-outs....

Rickin: Bruce, I know you wonder about what happened in that match last wee. What you don't know is-

Owen: Ricky Santana and I have a very heated rivalry. In the heat of the moment he panicked because he couldn't get the job done. Did you know that Rickin here has been very supportive and offered all kinds of good advice on how to grow as a wrestler?

Bruce: Really? I appreciate that Rickin. My brother may come off a little arrogant at times, buthe's generally a good kid.

Rickin: Well, I....I did give Owen a lot of advice. It's just a shame that-

Owen: These people have yet to accept me as a wrestler. Yes it is. One of the first things Rickin said to me was that young wrestlers very often find themselves in a tough spot and end up taking shortcuts. He was very adamant that it was the wrong way to go.

Bruce: That's a good piece of advice. Sounds like something Dad would say. You should talk to this Santana kid about that. He seems like he could use that kind of guidance.

Rickin: Owen has mentioned often how he wants to do well and prove himself to you and his family.

Bruce: He's got a natural talent for wrestling. I don't think he has to prove anything. He had a great match last Saturday marred by one infraction of the rules. He just needs time to develop and he'll do great. Thanks for giving him a helping hand while he's away from home.

Rickin: I don't know-

Owen: Rickin isn't very good at taking praise. You can talk him up all you want, but he will just tell you he's doing his job.

Bruce: Another reason he's a great role model. If that's how it is, we'll head down to the ring and stop embarassing you Rickin. Thanks again for being a mentor to Owen.

Owen: It is appreciated.

Bruce extends his hand and shakes Rickin's, Owen following suit. Owen gives Rickin a playful wink before heading to the back behind his brother.

Rickin: (Spanish) That was one of my more frustrating interviews.

Hugo: Owen Hart is outright lying to his own brother!!

Rickin: It's...hard to believe, even of Owen Hart. We go from disbelief to more garbage being thrown at Chicky Starr as he leads Abdullah Tamba to the ring.

Hugo: He's going to have to deal with a lot of this as we tour Puerto Rico!

Rickin: Yes, but our security has an easier time in the bigger arenas.

Hugo: They do! The fans are farther away from the wrestlers. Even if Abdullah Tamba is big enough to scare most of them.

Rickin: He's going to be a big part of Chicky Starr's security going forward. And Chicky will need him.

Hugo: Yes he will!

Rickin: Ring announcer Eliud Gonzalez has finished and there is the bell.

Armandito Salgado vs. Abdullah Tamba

Tamba controls the whole match with overhand chops and power wrestling. He hits a throat thrust to knock down Salgado, whips him to the ropes and sends him outside with a body attack. The big tope follows and Salgado is counted out.

Abdullah Tamba by countout in 1:57 after a tope

Rickin: Abdullah Tamba continues to impress.

Hugo: Little Abdullah is very agile for 270 pounds!

Rickin: Indeed he is. When we come back we'll have los Invaders at the desk and the Rock and Roll RPMs in action. Don't touch that dial.

(Commercial Break) 28:00 - 34:00

Rickin: We're back with los Invaders. That is the second time los Pastores have specifically attacked one of you three. It seems like there is some bad bloood there.

Invader 1: If there wasn't before last week there is now! We desperately want to take the Caribbean Tag Titles from los Primos Starr, but it seems like we have to deal with los Pastores first.

Invader 2: Invader 1 and I are asking the WWC to schedule a tag team street fight with los Pastores in Hiram Bathorn Stadium on July 5th. Los Pastores don't play by any rules, so let's fight them on those terms!

Rickin: That would be a very different matchup than they have faced so far. I'm interested to see if los Pastores are as aggressive when their opponents have no rules either.

Invader 2: They will be. I don't think they know any other way to be.

Invader 1: They aren't much better than animals if you ask me. If we don't go in with that same ferocity we won't stand a chance.

Rickin: Invader 3, I have heard that on May 16th you and WWC Light Heavyweight Champion Ricky Santana will square off for a chance to wrestle NWA Light Heavyweight Champion Chris Benoit on July 5th.

Invader 3: Yes. It's a shame my ribs were injured right before the tournament. I was looking forward to competing for the WWC Light HEavyweight Championship. Ricky did a great job in the tournament against tough competition. I'd like to think I would have given him a run for his money, but we'll find out in 3 weeks.

Rickin: How are your ribs?

Invader 3: Almost healed up. In 3 weeks I will be ready for the big match with some tune-ups under my belt. Ricky has improved a lot and most of it has to do with atittude. He's not willing to just let a guy like Owen Hart cheat his way to winning.

Invader 2 : Once I heal up I have a score to settle with Hart as well.

Invader 3: It's nice to know going in that I will have a good, clean match with Ricky. The better man that night will go on to challenge for NWA gold on the 5th of July. I look forward to getting in the ring with Ricky.

Rickin: I think we are all looking forward to that match now too. The three of you are all a little banged up as a result of los Pastores and Chicky Starr's Corporation. It has been mentioned on this broadcast that the war has escalated. Your thoughts?

Invader 2: Chicky Starr has something against los Invaders and Carlitos Colon and has for a long time. This time he went too far. Anyone associated with Chicky Starr will pay the price!

Invader 3: We have a lot of friends. The Rock 'n' Roll RPMs, Huracan Castillo Jr., Miguelito Perez, Ricky Santana, Los Super Medicos, Hercules Ayala. All friends of ours. And Carlitos Colon's. Chicky Starr is in over his head and he will find that out very soon!

Invader 1: Carlitos Colon has been my friend for a long time. We have had each other's back for longer than Chicky Starr has been involved in wrestling. Yes, we have fought before and meant it. But we always came back to our friendship sooner rather than later. He is my best friend in this world.

Invader 1 stops to collect himself and rubs at his eyes.

Invader 1: When Abdullah the Butcher threw ammonia into Carlitos Colon's eyes, he may have blinded my best friend for life! I don't know about you Rickin or any of these people, but that pisses me off! Abdullah the Butcher was Chicky Starr's client. Whatever half-hearted denial he may offer up can never be enough against the thought that MY FRIEND may be blind for life. So Chicky Starr, if you think for one second that you escape punishment for this you are dead wrong. Yes, we may not be fighting you on July 5th. Los Pastores are not welcome in the WWC at all right now. When we asked we were told they were suspended indefinitely with a ban on the table. If the match gets signed they won't be around until July 5th. By my calendar that gives us, all of us, over two months to make sure you and yours pay. If not, you'll be seeing us again and it won't be pretty. Either way, you had better pray that you make it to July 5th!

Rickin: A very angry and determined Invader 1. I hope Chicky Starr is ready for this.

Hugo: Concern for Chicky?!?

Rickin: Invader 1 and Colon can be very violent and vengeful when that time comes. You have to be with some of the things we have seen.

Hugo: Yes! But remember that Chicky can be very cagey and is not known for being forgiving!

Rickin: That is how he got into this, yes. Here come the Rock and Roll RPMs. They have to be in the conversation as challengers for los Primos Starr if los Invaders get their match.

Hugo: Do you think they pushed los Invaders towards that match to get a title shot?!?

Rickin: I don't believe that for a second.

Hugo: People will go a long way to get gold...

Rickin: I think los Pastores pushed los Invaders that direction. Attacking los Invaders on multiple occasions has repercussions, as you know.

Hugo: Yes, I do know that.

Rickin: The fans are very happy to see these two tonight.

Hugo: They also might be a little excitable after Invader 1's speech!

Rickin: That is a part of it yes. But these two have built a good following over time. It looks like we're ready to start.

Mr. W and Z vs. the Rock 'n' Roll RPMs

The RPMs use their smooth teamwork to control the match and keep Z in their corner. A short comeback by Z is stopped short by a Lane dropkick and he tags in Davis. The side slam/neckbreaker combo puts Z down for the 3.

The Rock 'n' Roll RPMs by pinfall in 5:15 with a side slam/neckbreaker combo

Rickin: The Rock and Roll RPMs continue to build their momentum.

Hugo: They have had a lot of wins lately!

Rickin: Yes, and clean wins at that. When we return Huracan Castillo Jr. and Miguelito Perez will be joining me at the desk before their match. Don't go anywhere fans.

(Commercial Break) 34:00 - 44:00

Rickin: Welcome back fans. I'm proud of these two young men I am talking to tonight, Huracan Castillo Jr. and Miguelito Perez. It must have felt great to get that win last week.

Castillo: It was incredible Rickin. That crowd was behind us all the way and when we got that 3 count they just exploded. I can't tell you how much that meant to me. Knowing that the crowd was as invested in us winning as we were.

Perez: That was one of the greatest feelings I've ever experienced. We've talked about it and it's still something I don't quite understand. There was something else that happened after the match that we both loved.

Rickin: I think I know what this is, but I'm going to let you tell everyone.

Perez: I appreciate that. After the match we looked over to the entrance and both of our fathers were celebrating our win right along with the crowd. We got to celebrate the biggest win of our careers with our role models and mentors, our fathers.

Castillo: It was amazing. All my life, and I know Miguelito feels this way too, I've wanted to be a wrestler like my dad. I've wanted to see him looking at me with pride because I made it as a wrestler. I got to see what that looks like.

Rickin: It's great that the two of you could celebrate with the fans and your fathers. I will say that you two earned that celebration with blood, sweat and more than a few unfortunate setbacks.

Castillo: There is one more person we have to thank. That would be you Rickin Sanchez.

Perez: These fans wouldn't be behind us as much without your support. When you say something, they listen. The fans support the wrestlers you support and we're glad you believe in us just as much as our fathers do.

Rickin: I simply tell the fans what I see. If that is something that helped you two, then I must have seen something good.

Perez: Modest to a fault, that's what dad says.

Castillo: And it's true, but I don't think anyone will hold it against him. Thank you Rickin. Let's go Miguelito.

Rickin: There go two very happy young men. They have a lot to be happy about after last week.

Hugo: They do! I see you have fans!! You deserve them, you know.

Rickin: I am an announcer Hugo. I talk to wrestlers and wrestling fans about wrestling. Speaking of wrestlers, Castillo and Perez are definitely getting a lot of attention from the fans on their way to the ring.

Hugo: Have it your way. They are stopping to shake hands with the fans on their way to the ring!

Rickin: They are showing their appreciation in more ways than just saying it. That is an important thing.

Hugo: Just so they don't get too overzealous and forget the wrestling!

Rickin: I doubt they'll do that. They are very focused in the ring and they have tremendous teamwork.

Hugo: They do! Both of them came up together and it shows in how they work as a team.

Rickin: Referee Victor Quinonez has called for the bell. Here we go.

Mr. X and Y vs. Huracan Castillo Jr. & Miguelito Perez

Castillo & Perez show off their quick tags and smooth, legal teamwork. X is on the verge of a big comeback when Castillo catches him with a running lariat. He tags in Perez, who rolls X up with el Coqui (standing victory roll) for the 3 count.

Huracan Castillo Jr. & Miguelito Perez by pinfall in 5:13 with el Coqui (standing victory roll)

Rickin: Castillo & Perez with another win. They are on a roll and I think the rest ofthe tag teams in the WWC better watch out.

Hugo: I'm sure they will want to get into the Caribbean Tag Title picture along with their friends the Rock 'n' Roll RPMs!

Rickin: That may take some time, but time is something these two have. We're out of time fans. Be sure to tune in next week.

The heels disingenuously bagging on Ricky Santana for his "turn about is fair play" spot has a kind of classic pro wrestling feel for me. Owen doing one thing but saying another seems like more effective heeling than if he just straight-up acted like a bad guy all the time. Chicky criticizing people when he himself does far worse things makes him so much more hate-able. Subtle character work, by pro wrestling standards. Good stuff.

Does anybody in this world generate more heat than Chicky Starr? I love how he rides Santana for breaking the rules, coming from him just cracks me up. Invader 1 with a passionate promo about Colon. The tag team division is getting really interesting right now. Tamba is making his mark and could become a major player under the guidance of Chicky. The Owen Hart segment was very well done and looks like he pulled one over on his brother, Bruce. Castillo and Perez look to be happy and confident following their big win. I'm sure July 5th will settle a lot of scores. Watch out Abdullah because when Colon gets his sight back, he's going to be out for blood.

Chicky Starr, Barabas, and the announce team of Rickin and Hugo continue to steal the show with their dialogue. Bam Bam, Abdullah and Carlos Colon are all playing perfect angles for WWC as the wildiness and craziness are perfect portrayals of PR. The ammonia in the eyes is going to lead to a huge angle here as there will be Hell to pay!