Pro Wrestling Only

World Class Championship Wrestling: April 1986

GeneJackson95

WCCWTVBanner.jpg

World Class Championship Wrestling TV

Recorded at the Sportatorium in Dallas, TX on 4/3 Airing on Friday 4/4 on WTVT throughout Texas And various outlets across the Southwest. Hosted by Bill Mercer and Bruce Prichard Ring Announcer/Interviewer: Marc Lowrance

Show opens with Mercer/Prichard talking about last week's event in Ft. Worth that saw Jerry Lawler disqualified against Big John Studd for the North American title when Percy Pringle who was suspended above the ring in a cage, tried to drop a chain down to Studd but it was intercepted by Lawler who was caught using it by the referee. We also see footage from JYD/Mr. Olympia challenging Embry/Garvin for the North American tag titles where Dirty Rhodes interfering causing Mr. Olympia to get pinned…..Mercer announces that Mr. Olympia has agreed to put the Texas title on the line right there on television in order to get his hands on Dirty Rhodes. Also, tonight we will the NWA National Tag Team Champions The Midnight Express with Jim Cornette defend those titles against the Southern Boys. But the show opens with the debut of one of the top tag teams in the world, Stan Lane and Steve Keirn…The Fabulous Ones!

MATCH #1:

The Fabulous Ones (Steve Keirn/Stan Lane) defeated Gary Young/Killer Brooks when Stan pinned Young after a savate kick

17126066_196496544169270_113272328273107

After the opening match, Prichard talks about the fact that the Fabulous Freebirds returned to Texas for the first time in months and became the NWA World Six Man Tag Team Champions defeated Jonathan Boyd, The Crusher, and Bam Bam Bigelow when their manager Barrabas had a misstep and cost his team the championships. Mercer chimes in that the Freebirds will be returning soon to defend those titles against all comers here in World Class and throughout the NWA.

freebird.png

MATCH #2:

WCCW Television Champion "White Lightning" Tim Horner pinned Will Owens with a small package in a non-title match

Post Match: Marc Lowrance came to ringside and spoke to Horner who said he's proud to be here in WCCW and proud to be the Television Champion and he's ready to defend that title against all the top contenders here in Texas. This brought the former champion "Iceman" King Parsons, Parsons politely pointed out that as the former champion before Eddie Gilbert he still has a rematch coming to him, Horner said he would be glad to give him his rematch tomorrow night in Houston….to which Parsons shook his hand and gladly accepted.

e75eeaf63fc66bcfd7aadf4b4bf6c98b--king.j

COMMERCIALS

MATCH #3:

NWA Texas Heavyweight Championship

"Texas Dream" Dirty Rhodes w/Percival Pringle III pinned Mr. Olympia with his feet on the ropes to win the Texas Heavyweight Championship

Dirty Rhodes took the microphone after the match and said, "as Texas' favorite son I dedicate this victory to all my people here in Texas…..I am the 'Texas Dream', I am yo' role model if you weel, baby! I'm proud to be yo' hero….and I'm proud to be yo' champion….just call me the people's champion!" The fans booed mercilessly during the promo and started to throw cups and garbage in the ring but Rhodes seemed oblivious.

(VTR: Highlights of Hillbilly Jim working on the farm in Mudlick, KY…..he eventually looks to the camera and says, "Well howdy neighbors…wooo wee, ain't nothing better than a hard day's work here on the farm but if there's one thing I like even better….that's scufflin! I plan on my making my way down there to Texas and scufflin' with the best you got down there! I might even bring ol' Uncle Elmer or Cousin Junior with me! Anyway, I better get back to it but I'll be seein' y'all real soon, ya hear!")

images.jpg

Gary Hart joins Bruce Prichard at ringside and says he's appalled at the treatment of the Funks by Fritz Von Erich but he's not at all surprised. However, the Von Erichs may never get a chance to face the Funks next month because he's got the toughest tag team in wrestling the Super Destroyers and when they join forces with Kamala tomorrow in Houston, the Von Erichs will be taken care of once and for all.

MATCH #4:

Super Destroyers (#1/#2) w/Gary Hart defeated Johnny Ace/Steve Doll when Super D #2 pinned Ace after a Superplex

COMMERCIALS

Backstage with Marc Lowrance, Jerry 'the King' Lawler explains that he tried to get another rematch with Big John Studd for the North American title but Percy Pringle refused to let it happen. Meanwhile, his good friend the Junk Yard Dog stepped up to challenge Studd but Pringle claimed that JYD hasn't earned a title shot and that the match would have to be non-title….JYD said that was fine but since Pringle has proven he can't stay out of the action he demanded a 'Special Referee' to make sure Pringle didn't interfere and it just so happens that Jerry Lawler has volunteered to be that special referee.

MATCH #5:

Junk Yard Dog pinned Big Bubba Monroe with the THUMP powerslam

COMMERCIALS

When we return from commercial….Jim Cornette, Beautiful Bobby, and Loverboy Dennis are in the ring and Cornette has a mic..

Corny.jpg

Cornette: "You know this is a fine example of the downside of being the NWA National Tag Team Champions and that's having to come to places like the Dallas Sportatorium, when Bill Watts told us he had us booked in the Sportatorium in Dallas, I told him we'd rather be booked in the New Orleans city jail instead. If my Mama knew we were here tonight she be embarrassed and ashamed all at the same time and if being here wasn't bad enough we have to come here and face these stinkin' Southern Boys! If Bobby and Dennis wanted to beat up an Armstrong we've got plenty in the UWF we don't need to come to the armpit of the Southwest to do it. However, if that's the best of the best you've got to challenge us is the Southern Boys, tonight's going to be a piece of cake….the Southern Boys have us much chance of beating us as the Von Erichs have at winning a spelling bee…..I'm not saying those guys are stupid but Kerry once stayed up all night studying for a urine test…..Kevin wrestles barefoot because he don't know how to lace a pair of boots…..and Bobby Eaton is as much of a Von Erich as Lance is…." Suddenly Cornette is drowned out by "The Souths gonna do it again" by Charlie Daniels blaring over the PA as the Southern Boys head down the aisle to the ring

MATCH #6:

MAIN EVENT

NWA National Tag Team Championship

The Midnight Express (Beautiful Bobby/Loverboy Dennis) w/Jim Cornette defeated The Southern Boys (Steve Armstrong/Tracy Smothers) when Bobby pinned Smothers after an 'Alabama Jam' off the rope

MX_eaton_condrey.jpg

© 1986 Southwest Sports Inc.

World Class Championship Wrestling

Sam Houston Coliseum

Houston, TX

Saturday April 5, 1986

Bell time- 7pm

MAIN EVENT

The Midnight Express (Beautiful Bobby/Loverboy Dennis)

w/Jim Cornette

Vs.

The Fabulous Ones (Steve Keirn/Stan Lane)

SEMI-MAIN EVENT

Kerry/Kevin/Lance Von Erich

Vs.

The Super Destroyers (#1/#2) & Kamala

w/Gary Hart & Friday

NON-TITLE
SPECIAL CHALLENGE MATCH

NWA North American Champion Big John Studd

w/Percival Pringle III

Vs.

Junk Yard Dog

NWA North American Tag Team Championship

"Flamboyant" Eric Embry/"Gorgeous" Jimmy Garvin w/Precious

Vs.

The Onyx Express (Brickhouse Brown/Koko Ware)

NWA Texas Heavyweight Championship- RETURN MATCH

"Texas Dream" Dirty Rhodes w/Percival Pringle III

Vs.

Mr. Olympia

Four Corners Tag Team Match

The Grapplers (#1/#2) w/Percival Pringle III

Vs.

The Southern Boys (Steve Armstrong/Tracy Smothers)

Vs.

Brian Adias/Steve Simpson

Vs.

The Dream Team (Jack Victory/John Tatum) w/Johnny V.

The Missing Link

Vs.

"Killer" Tim Brooks

WCCW Television Championship

"White Lightning" Tim Horner

Vs.

"Iceman" King Parsons

Card Subject to Change

Great show from the Sportatorium. Wow, Dirty Rhodes takes the Texas title, didn't see that coming but man how fitting to have him hold the Texas title. That reign should be a lot of fun. Looking forward to the Ice Man/Horner TV title match. Cornette's promo was classic. Midnights versus Fab Ones would get my money. Nice adding JYD into the Studd/Lawler feud, with Lawler as the Ref, who knows what will happen. Looks like the Von Erich's have a big obstacle in front of them before they clash with the Funks.

Parsons/Horner strikes me as a really good match. Super Destroyers against Von Erichs would be a fun feud as well. JYD taking on Studd would have drawn for sure. Corny with a great promo and the crowd gets a great main event if not a happy ending.

Sam Houston Coliseum

Houston, TX

Saturday April 5, 1986

Bell time- 7pm

"White Lightning" Tim Horner wrestled former champion "Iceman" King Parsons to a 10 minute time limit draw

The Missing Link pinned "Killer" Tim Brooks after a charging headbutt

Four Corners Tag Team Match

The Grapplers (#1/#2) w/Percival Pringle III

Vs.

The Southern Boys (Steve Armstrong/Tracy Smothers)

Vs.

Brian Adias/Steve Simpson

Vs.

The Dream Team (Jack Victory/John Tatum) w/Johnny V.

Order of elimination:

• Dream Team eliminated Adias/Simpson when Tatum pinned Adias with his feet on the ropes

• Southern Boys eliminated the Dream Team when Armstrong pinned Victory after a dropkick off the top rope

• The Grapplers eliminated Southern Boys when Grappler #1 pinned Armstrong after kicking him with the 'loaded boot'

**WINNERS**
The Grapplers w/Percy Pringle

NWA Texas Heavyweight Championship- Return Match

"Texas Dream" Dirty Rhodes w/Percival Pringle III pinned Mr. Olympia to retain the championship when Pringle distracted referee David Manning allowing Rod Price to run in and break Pringle's cane over the head of Olympia

NWA North American Tag Team Championship

"Flamboyant" Eric Embry/"Gorgeous" Jimmy Garvin w/Precious defeated The Onyx Express (Brickhouse Brown/Koko Ware) when Garvin pinned Brown after a brainbuster

NON-TITLE
SPECIAL CHALLENGE MATCH

Special Referee: Jerry 'the King' Lawler

Junk Yard Dog pinned NWA North American Champion Big John Studd w/Percival Pringle III after a 'THUMP' powerslam, after special referee Jerry Lawler punched Percy Pringle off the apron before making the three count!

SEMI-MAIN EVENT

Kerry/Kevin/Lance Von Erich defeated The Super Destroyers (#1/#2) & Kamala w/Gary Hart & Friday when Kevin pinned Super D #1 with the 'Iron Claw'

Before the Main Event, Embry and Garvin came to the ring and demanded to know how the Fabs could walk right in from the WWF and get a shot at the NWA National Tag Team Championships while they weren't even offered a title shot?? Embry then pointed out, "You know, I'm no geography expert but technically doesn't being the champions of North America, cover more ground than being 'National' champions??" Garvin agreed that Embry was right, they are already the superior champions, so never mind…maybe if the Fabs win they will "possibly consider" giving them a titles shot at the North American tag team titles……So, as "Everybody Wants You" by Billy Squier started to blare over the P.A. system, Garvin and Embry exited out the other side of the arena.

MAIN EVENT

The Midnight Express (Beautiful Bobby/Loverboy Dennis) w/Jim Cornette defeated The Fabulous Ones (Steve Keirn/Stan Lane) when Garvin/Embry/Precious came to ringside while the Fabs were in control allowing Cornette to crack Lane with the tennis racket which led to Condrey getting the pinfall and the win for the champions

This is great, I get online and right off the bat get an action packed card from Houston. I'm hoping for a Horner/Ice Man rematch. There's something about this match that I find so intriguing. I love the variety of tag teams in WCCW. The Grapplers winning the 4 corners match was great. Dirty Rhodes lives up to his name as he gets in his first title defense. Garvin and Embry make a strong point, LOL I think Embry is smarter than we think. JYD gets a monster of a win over Stud, man that visual of him thumping Stud is something else. Looks like the Von Erich's are tuned up and ready for the Funks. Fab Ones and Garvin/Embry could be heading for a big feud. That was surreal seeing Lane take the racket shot from Cornette.

To me this game is so much about memories and I loved WCCW then and I love it now. Your writing style and wrestling knowledge makes this a fun read and I enjoy that mid-carders become stars here like in real life WCCW. Dirty Rhodes with the title is like the real life Steve Simpson who was dominant in WCCW.

Your creativity is also very fun and easy to believe. The heels always have a dirty trick up their sleeve which draws the crowd in even more. I am interested to see if there will be more between Horner and Iceman. I could see Iceman playing the heel here if you choose.

So happy you used the Midnight Express and your Cornette interview was spot on!

I wonder if the smart Dallas wrestling fans buy into Hillbilly Jim and his Mudlick gimmick. If not, you could always have Embry make fun of them. He would be great here

JYD with a Big Thump on Studd would be awesome to see.

Recorded at the Sportatorium in Dallas, TX on 4/3 Airing on Friday 4/11 on WTVT throughout Texas And various outlets across the Southwest. Hosted by Bill Mercer and Bruce Prichard Ring Announcer/Interviewer: Marc Lowrance

(Show opens with Bill Mercer/Bruce Prichard in front of the World Class banner)

Mercer tells everyone what a huge show we have lined up tonight as the brand new Texas Champion Dirty Rhodes has a big celebration planned along with Percy Pringle. After nothing was settled last Saturday due to a 10 minute time limit draw, there will be a rematch tomorrow night in Amarillo between Tim Horner and Iceman King Parsons for the TV title but this time there will be a special 20 minute time limit. Plus The Hillbillies, Rod Price, and the Super Destroyers will be in action as well as a HUGE Main Event here on television featuring the Von Erichs (Kevin/Kerry) challenging Jim Cornette's Midnight Express for the NWA National Tag Team Championship.

MATCH #1:

Hillbilly Jim w/Uncle Elmer & Cousin Junior defeated Will Owens with a bearhug

A VTR airs of the Road Warriors defeating the Andersons for the NWA World Tag Team Championship, we then see highlights of some of their matches recently and we then cut to Bruce Prichard who informs us that the Warriors will be here on television next week to defend the World Tag Team titles against the Grapplers who recently won a tag team gauntlet to earn a title shot. The winners will defend the titles the following night in San Antonio against the North American tag team champions Jimmy Garvin and Eric Embry.

MATCH #2:

"California Stud" Rod Price w/Percival Pringle III pinned Randy Watson after a sidewalk slam…….As Price is celebrating his win in the ring, Mr. Olympia comes in and attacks him until Price powders out and flees along with Percy Pringle….Olympia grabs the mic and says tomorrow night Amarillo, Price will regret sticking his nose where it don't belong.

COMMERCIALS

Dirty Rhodes Texas Championship win Celebration:

The brand new NWA Texas Heavyweight Champion "Texas Dream" Dirty Rhodes made his way down to the ring decked out in a fancy new western suit with a huge cowboy hat sporting the Texas Championship belt around his waist, he was accompanied by his manager Percival Pringle III who was also in in a tacky western suit and cowboy hat…as they are met by a chorus of boos from the fans…..Dirty Rhodes takes the microphone:

Dirty: "Thank you…..thank you! I know it's been a long, long time since Texas has had a hero you could be proud of…..God knows those Von Erichs sure aren't nothing to write home about. The Dallas Cowboys are nothing special….But now….now you've got ME! I'm your Texas Champion….I'm somebody these snot nosed punk kids can aspire to be like…..I'm somebody you ugly hags can daydream about while you wait for that loser of a husband to come home after a long day riding the garbage truck or pumping gas….I will gladly be the hero you all want…but certainly don't deserve."

(As Dirty Rhodes rambles on, the fans start to go wild as unbeknownst to him…"The American Dream" Dusty Rhodes is coming down the aisle behind him)

Dirty: "That's more like it! Show me the respect I deserve!" (Dusty steps into the ring with a mic of his own)

Dusty: "Pardon me….if ya weel. Did I hear you say that Texas didn't have any heroes? Did I hear you say that these fine people are supposed to look up to the likes of YOU?? Listen here baby, If the great people of Texas need a hero…..the American Dream is more than happy to come out here…..and give all my blood, sweat, and tears to be the hero they deserve to have."

Dirty: "These people don't need some second rate wannabe out here trying to act like he's something he's not."

Dusty: "I totally agree baby, and that's exactly why the Dream is here…….to tell yo second rate wannabe butt that the REAL DREAM is out here in pulic if ya weel…and that I'm issuing a challenge right now to whip yo hiney in Amarillo tomorrow night and take that Texas title!"

Dirty: "Whoah….whoah…whoah…Who in the hell do you think you are?? You think you can just show up here in the Sportatorium….in the house that Dirty Rhodes built and think you can just demand a shot at MY Texas Championship?? Who have you beaten in Texas lately? Nobody that's who! I'll wrestle you in Amarillo but you haven't earned a shot at this title!"

Dusty: (laughing) "Ok…have it yo way, I'll whip yo behind in Amarillo and I'll take that belt another time…"

Percy: "How dare you waddle out here and question this man…..this man is a champion….this man is a hero to the people of Texas, this man is…" (Dusty cuts him off)

Dusty: "What the hell are you wearing?? You listen to me Percy Peabody or whatever yo name is…..I'm going to walk away tonight but tomorrow night in Amarillo….you cross my path I'mma whoop ya butt like you owe me money…"

(Dirty charges Dusty who catches him with a "Bionic Elbow" that drops him and he gives Pringle one as well as they roll out and storm back up the aisle with their "Celebration" ruined but the fans cheer the 'American Dream' as he exits the ring)

MATCH #3:

The Super Destroyers (#1/#2) w/Gary Hart defeated The Hammer Brothers (Jack/Sledge) when Super D #2 pinned Sledge Hammer after a Superplex

COMMERCIALS

Iceman King Parsons joins Mercer and Prichard on commentary for the following match featuring Tim Horner, he says that last week he let the time limit expire because he underestimated Horner and wasn't aggressive enough….but this week he knows what to expect and will adjust accordingly.

MATCH #4:

"White Lightning" Tim Horner pinned Dewey Cox with the 'Natural Bridge'

Post match: Marc Lowrance asks Horner about his upcoming rematch with Iceman Parsons in Amarillo. Horner says Parsons is one of the top stars in Texas and cannot be taken lightly, he says Parsons took him to the limit last week but this week with 20 minutes to defend the title, he too will have to be more aggressive to hold on to his championship.

MATCH #5
MAIN EVENT

Kerry/Kevin Von Erich defeated The Midnight Express (Beautiful Bobby/Loverboy Dennis) w/Jim Cornette by DQ when the Super Destroyers hit the ring and attacked the Von Erichs

Sports Arena

Amarillo, TX

Saturday April 12, 1986

Bell time: 8pm

MAIN EVENT

NWA North American Championship

Percy Pringle handcuffed to Jerry Lawler at ringside

Big John Studd

Vs.

Junk Yard Dog

SEMI-MAIN EVENT

GRUDGE TAG TEAM MATCH

Kerry/Kevin Von Erich

Vs.

The Super Destroyers (#1/#2) w/Gary Hart

Non-Title Match

NWA Texas Champion "The Texas Dream" Dirty Rhodes w/Percy Pringle

Vs.

"The American Dream" Dusty Rhodes

REVENGE MATCH

Mr. Olympia

Vs.

"California Stud" Rod Price w/Percy Pringle

Eight Man Elimination Match

The Dream Team/The Grapplers

Vs.

The Onyx Express/The Southern Boys

WCCW Television Championship: Rematch

Special 20 Minute Time Limit

Vs.

"Iceman" King Parsons

Hillbilly Jim/Uncle Elmer/Cousin Junior

Vs.

Killer Tim Brooks/Gary Young/Super Zodiac

Steve Doll

Vs.

Big Bubba Monroe

Sports Arena

Amarillo, TX

Saturday April 12, 1986

Steve Doll pinned Big Bubba Monroe with a small package

Hillbilly Jim/Uncle Elmer/Cousin Junior defeated Killer Tim Brooks/Gary Young/Super Zodiac when Jim made Young submit to a bear hug

WCCW Television Championship: Rematch

Special 20 Minute Time Limit

"White Lightning" Tim Horner wrestled "Iceman" King Parsons to a 20 minute time limit draw…..after the match Horner offered a handshake to Parsons who hesitated and then slapped him across the face, Horner shoved him and they broke into fisticuffs until they were broken up by security

Eight Man Elimination Match

The Dream Team w/Johnny V/The Grapplers

Vs.

The Onyx Express/The Southern Boys

Grappler #2 pinned Tracy Smothers with his feet on the ropes

Koko Ware pinned Jack Victory after a dropkick off the 2nd rope

John Tatum pinned Brickhouse Brown with a handful of tights

Steve Armstrong pinned Grappler #2 with a small package

Koko Ware pinned Grappler #1 with a crucfix

John Tatum pinned Koko Ware after he was tripped by Johnny V.

John Tatum defeated Steve Armstrong by DQ when Armstrong accidently superkicked the referee

REVENGE MATCH

Mr. Olympia fought "California Stud" Rod Price w/Percy Pringle to double count out

NON-TITLE MATCH

"The American Dream" Dusty Rhodes defeated NWA Texas Champion "The Texas Dream" Dirty Rhodes w/Percy Pringle with a sleeperhold

SEMI-MAIN EVENT

GRUDGE TAG TEAM MATCH

Kerry/Kevin Von Erich defeated The Super Destroyers (#1/#2) w/Gary Hart when Kerry pinned Super D #1 after a 'discus punch'

MAIN EVENT

Percy Pringle handcuffed to Jerry Lawler at ringside

Big John Studd pinned Junk Yard Dog with a powerslam after the Grapplers came to ringside and attacked Lawler which distracted JYD and the referee and when JYD turned back around Studd powerslammed him and got the win…..Dirty Rhodes came down to ringside and joined the attack on JYD and Lawler until Dusty Rhodes made his way down to the ring with a baseball bat and cleared out The Grapplers, Dirty Rhodes and Pringle

Great set up for the Dream vs. Dream match. This feud is just to cool. I'm really liking this Horner/Ice Man story. I think you have a gem going on here. I'm excited for the Road Warriors/Grapplers clash. Hillbillies making their presence known. Nice payback for the Von Erich's as they take care of the Super Destroyers. Classic WCCW main event between Studd and JYD. How fitting, Studd wins the match with a power slam. Love the brawl at the end. A Dream, JYD, Lawler alliance is up there with the Von Erich's in terms of popularity.

Recorded at the Sportatorium in Dallas, TX on 4/17 Airing on Friday 4/18 on WTVT throughout Texas And various outlets across the Southwest. Hosted by Bill Mercer and Bruce Prichard Ring Announcer/Interviewer: Marc Lowrance

(Show opens with Bill Mercer/Bruce Prichard talking about what happened last week in Amarillo. Prichard puts over the fact the NWA World Tag Team Champions the Road Warriors with Paul Ellering will be defending the titles here on television tonight against the Grapplers w/Percy Pringle. Mercer interjects we'll Dusty Rhodes and Junk Yard Dog in action as well the NWA North American Champion Big John Studd, he then calls out Steve Doll)

Mercer: "Steve, you're a young man just getting your start in wrestling and you've been struggling to make your way here in World Class but recently you traveled to Lutte International in Canada where you challenged Jacques Rougeau for the NWA Canadian International Heavyweight Championship, and while you didn't win….you went over 13 minutes with the champion and earned his respect as well as the fans there in Canada….how did that feel?"

Doll: "Mr. Mercer, it was amazing. Those fans while they love the Rougeau family up there supported me and made me feel welcome, Jacques Rougeau is an incredible, experienced wrestler and while I would have loved to win and become champion, just the fact I was able to hold my own with him and earn his respect feels like a victory to me."

Mercer: "Absolutely, it was impressive showing and…." (Iceman King Parsons strolls out and interrupts)

Parsons: "Are you kidding me right now? Seriously…is that what this show has become…..you're out here talkin' to this scrub about how he didn't get his ass whipped as bad as he should have because Jacques Rougeau was having an off night…..them Rougeaus are all a bunch of rootie poots anyways. If you wanna talk about something, talk about the fact that Tim Horner got lucky enough on two different nights to manage to go to the time limit with me and save his TV title."

Mercer: "Lucky? Tim Horner has proven himself to be a great champion and he…"

Parsons: "Don't interrupt me when I'm talking Mercer….like I was saying…" (Steve Doll interrupts)

Doll: "Mr. Parsons, with all due respect, YOU are the one who shouldn't interrupt Mr. Bill Mercer who is doing his job and second of all….this is my interview time and I'd appreciate it if you would leave and let us finish."

Parsons: (laughing at first) "Boy, you crazy…..you're going to tell ME what I NEED to do? Listen here kid, I'm the #1 Contender to the TV title because Tim Horner can't beat me…..and as far as what I NEED to do, what you NEED to do is head down to that ring because I'm about to give you the ass whoopin' that Jacques Rougeau would have if he was any kind of a man." (Heads to the ring and Doll follows behind him)

Mercer: "Fans, it looks like we have an impromptu match between the youngster Steve Doll and the 'Iceman' King Parsons."

Prichard: "That kid should have kept his mouth shut, this is going to be brutal!"

MATCH #1:
"Iceman" King Parsons vs. Steve Doll

Parsons starts the match by slapping Doll across the face……this fires the rookie up who comes back with a flurry of punches on Parsons and then dropkicks him which causes Parsons to roll out to the floor and take this a little more seriously, Parsons comes in offering a handshake but then rakes the eyes of Doll….Parsons gains control and works over Doll for several minutes…..Parsons gives him a bodyslam then laughs and says "How about another one?"….he repeats this for three bodyslams and you see that Parsons is starting to have a good time, on the fourth one he yells out, "and one to grow on"…but as he casually scoops up Doll for another slam, Doll catches him with an inside cradle for a 1--2--3!! The fans explode and Doll rolls out of the ring and goes into the crowd to celebrate a huge upset victory over the Iceman who is stunned in the middle of the ring!

COMMERCIALS

(As we return from commercial "Flamboyant" Eric Embry, "Gorgeous" Jimmy Garvin, Precious, and a large man in a suit/hat/sunglasses are standing in the ring…Garvin takes the microphone)

Garvin: "Yeah…yeah….yeah…yeah. The North American Champions are here tonight baby! Look at us, are we gorgeous or what??"

Embry: "Well obviously we're stunning….but can you imagine how much better we will look after we have the North American tag team titles on one shoulder and the World tag team titles on the other shoulder once we win them tomorrow night in San Antonio."

Garvin: "By the way Grapplers, we're pulling for you tonight, guys!"

Embry: "Absolutely..GO GRAPPLERS! Now I'm sure you're all wondering right now, who is this very large dangerous looking gentleman in the ring with you guys right now? Well, shut up and wait a minute and I'll tell you!"

Garvin: "Wait Eric, let me tell them…..you see when Eric and I are in here defending our titles it's hard to keep an eye on Precious at ringside with all these creeps in the crowd and in the locker room leering at her and freaks like Terry Funk trying to kiss her and what not. So we went out and found her a bodyguard…..not just any bodyguard….a BIG bodyguard."

Embry: "Not just a BIG man….he's a BOSS, man." (snickers)

Garvin: "I told you not to do that…."

Embry: "Yeah, but it's funny because they call him that in…" (Garvin cuts him off)

Garvin: "I know what they call him Eric, just shut up you're ruining his big moment…" (Precious grabs the mic)

Precious: "Everyone meet my new personal bodyguard, Big Bubba Rogers! Come on Bubba, show these dumb Texans what you can do!"

MATCH #2:

Big Bubba Rogers w/Precious defeated Chris Kilgore with the "Bubba Slam" in 49 seconds

COMMERCIALS

(VTR- The Fabulous Ones are in a limo: Stan said that the Fabs aren't done with Garvin/Embry by a long shot, they want those North American Tag Team titles, but even more so they want the NWA World Tag Team titles….so they hope that those two goofs pull off a miracle and win those titles in San Antonio because either way they are coming for gold the following week in Ft Worth. Steve chimes in….they haven't forgotten about the Midnight Express either and the National tag titles are in their sights as well….Stan closes with the line, "If you're a tag team in the NWA and you have gold….then the Fabs are gunning for you….we're taking it all in 1986"

MATCH #3:

The Onyx Express (Brickhouse Brown/Koko Ware) defeated The Monroe Brothers (Memphis/Dallas) when Ware pinned Memphis Monroe after a dropkick off the 2nd rope

Highlights are shown of last Saturday's non-title match between Dusty Rhodes and Dirty Rhodes where Dusty defeated Dirty…..we then cut to the end of the Big John Studd/JYD match where the Grapplers attacked Jerry Lawler who was in JYD's corner which caused a distraction allowing Studd to get the win and retain the title…..we also the post match brawl involving Dusty/Lawler/JYD against the Grapplers/Dirty Rhodes leading to a Six Man Tag Team Grudge match tomorrow night in San Antonio

MATCH #4:

"American Dream" Dusty Rhodes/Junk Yard Dog w/Jerry Lawler defeated Killer Tim Brooks/Gary Young when Rhodes pinned Young after an elbow drop

Matchmaker Frank Dusek comes out and announces that by way of his victory over the #1 Contender earlier tonight 'Iceman' King Parsons, Steve Doll will get a shot against Tim Horner tomorrow night in San Antonio for the WCCW Television Championship.

COMMERCIALS

MATCH #5:

NWA North American Champion Big John Studd w/Percy Pringle defeated Johnny Ace by submission with the over the shoulder backbreaker

Post Match: Studd says he's going to put down Kerry Von Erich tomorrow night in San Antonio and that he is done with JYD, and will not be giving him anymore title shots.

(VTR: The Freebirds announce they will back next week in Ft. Worth to defend the NWA World Six Man Tag Team Titles against the Hillbillies, Hillbilly Jim, Cousin Junior, and Uncle Elmer)

MATCH #6:

MAIN EVENT

NWA World Tag Team Championship

The Road Warriors w/Paul Ellering defeated The Grapplers (#1/#2) w/Percival Pringle III when Hawk pinned Grappler #2 after the Doomsday Device

Freeman Coliseum

San Antonio, TX

Saturday April 15, 1986

MAIN EVENT

The Road Warriors (Animal/Hawk)

w/Paul Ellering

Vs.

"Flamboyant" Eric Embry/"Gorgeous" Jimmy Garvin

w/Precious & Big Bubba Rogers

SEMI-MAIN EVENT

Big John Studd w/Percival Pringle III

Vs.

"Modern Day Warrior"

Kerry Von Erich w/Kevin Von Erich

GRUDGE SIX MAN TAG MATCH

"The American Dream" Dusty Rhodes

Jerry "The King" Lawler

Junk Yard Dog

Vs.

The Grapplers (#1/#2)

"The Texas Dream" Dirty Rhodes

w/Percival Pringle III

LUMBERJACK MATCH

Mr. Olympia

Vs.

"California Stud" Rod Price

w/Percival Pringle III

The Onyx Express (Brickhouse Brown/Koko Ware)

Vs.

The Dream Team (Jack Victory/John Tatum)

w/Luscious Johnny V

Vs.

Steve Doll

Hillbilly Jim/Cousin Junior w/Uncle Elmer

Vs.

Killer Brooks/Super Zodiac

"Iceman" King Parsons

Vs.

Brian Adias

***Card Subject to Change**

I enjoyed how the show started out with a touch of class and then Parsons comes out and starts heeling things up. "Rootie poots" is, to me, such a pure 80s pro wrestling kind of insult. Loved him busting that out.

...and then you pay it off nicely without making the Iceman look weak.

That Big Bubba guy kind of reminds me of Bossman Traylor, who has worked some nice matches over here for the JWA recently.

Yes! JYD and Dusty working together is a thing of beauty.

Road Warriors are the perfect TV main event team.

That San Antonio card looks great.

A heel Ice Man is very entertaining. Looks like Steve Doll is now in the TV title mix. Fun way to start the show. Oh man, Big Bubba is the perfect Body Guard. Aligning him with Garvin and Embry is genius booking. Fab Ones making a statement and serving notice to all NWA Tag Champs. JYD and The Dream is money! I've mentioned this before but their popularity will be right up there with the Von Erich's. Road Warriors cap off the show with an exciting TV main event.

Freeman Coliseum

San Antonio, TX

Saturday April 15, 1986

"Iceman" King Parsons pinned Brian Adias with a roll up and a handful of tights

Hillbilly Jim/Cousin Junior w/Uncle Elmer defeated Killer Brooks/Super Zodiac when Junior pinned Brooks after a splash

"White Lightning" Tim Horner Vs. Steve Doll was declared a 'no contest' when Iceman Parsons came in with a cane and attacked both Horner and Doll leaving them laying

The Onyx Express (Brickhouse Brown/Koko Ware) defeated The Dream Team (Jack Victory/John Tatum) w/Luscious Johnny V when Brown pinned Tatum with a sunset flip

LUMBERJACK MATCH

"California Stud" Rod Price w/Percival Pringle III pinned Mr. Olympia with his feet on the ropes

GRUDGE SIX MAN TAG MATCH

"The American Dream" Dusty Rhodes/Jerry "The King" Lawler/Junk Yard Dog defeated The Grapplers (#1/#2)/"The Texas Dream" Dirty Rhodes w/Percival Pringle III when JYD pinned Grappler #1 after a 'THUMP' powerslam

SEMI-MAIN EVENT

"Modern Day Warrior" Kerry Von Erich w/Kevin Von Erich defeated Big John Studd w/Percival Pringle III by DQ when THREE Super Destroyers ran down and attacked the Von Erichs……it should be noted that none of these Super Destroyers looked to be the same size as the Super Ds who have been competing in WCCW recently, ringside fans speculated this was actually the suspended Funk Brothers disguised as Super Ds but no one could prove it

MAIN EVENT

The Road Warriors (Animal/Hawk) w/Paul Ellering defeated "Flamboyant" Eric Embry/"Gorgeous" Jimmy Garvin w/Precious & Big Bubba Rogers when Animal pinned Embry after a powerslam……after the match Big Bubba Rogers attacked Paul Ellering but was then assaulted by the Road Warriors while Garvin/Precious/Embry ran away from ringside