Pro Wrestling Only

[2018-04-05-Beyond/WWR-Lit Up] Deonna Purrazzo vs Matt Riddle

KawadaSmile

What a fun sprint this was. Riddle playing a bully, but not exactly in an evil way, is some fun stuff. Him resorting to hair pulling in order to get out of a toe hold is some fun stuff. Also them constantly trying to one up each other with the wrist slapping was also fun.

Short, sweet, Deonna kicked Riddle's ass until he decided to go for the overkill, and most importantly: it was very fun.

• GSR changed the title to [2018-04-05-Beyond/WWR-Lit Up] Deonna Purrazzo vs Matt Riddle

We’re informed that this is Riddle’s third match in the space of nine hours, having wrestled Minoru Suzuki and Zack Sabre Jr already today.  Riddle is forced to go for the ropes on an arm wringer and Deonna dismissively slaps him on the hand as she breaks.  Purrazzo stuffs the attempted single leg, sitting down on it and then grabs the go-behind.  Riddle looks for a Kimura and this time it’s Deonna who goes to the ropes for the break, Matt slapping her hand now like she did his.  Drop toe hold into a Magistral cradle and when Riddle kicks out at two Deonna transitions to a Fujiwara armbar.  He fights his way to his feet, lifts her onto his shoulders for the ‘Bro to Sleep’ but Purrazzo grabs his knee blocking it and then stomps on his bare foot.  She fires away on him with forearms and gets a near fall after a crossbody off the middle.  Satellite headscissors followed by a kick to the chops for another two count.  Riddle counters the huracanrana attempt with a powerbomb, knee to the face and he gets the win.

I’m afraid this didn’t work for me as it involved suspending my disbelief too much.  Former UFC, MMA fighter Matt Riddle getting handled by little Deonna Purrazzo?  As an exhibition, yes, but as this, sorry no.  Deonna’s transition to the Fujiwara armbar was cool and Riddle slapping her on the hand got a rise from me but that’s about it.  As mentioned on commentary Riddle has already wrestled twice today and it sort of felt that way.