Pro Wrestling Only

NXT Takeover: New Orleans

Ricky Jackson

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pat McAfee is a retired NFL punter, he has no business doing this---but I agree with Johnny. He is awesome.

The guy is trying to be a media personality and was/is doing some pro wrestling training. It's not like he's Art Donovan.

I didn't realize he was involved with pro wrestling before. That's cool. I just didn't expect to see him on NXT, that's all. I am all for WWE finding talents in weird places. I am still holding out hope that DeAngelo Williams tries out WWE.

I feel like Ive lost the ability to say whether those WWE car-crash matches are good or not. I know they no longer interest or shock me, despite the danger.

Yeah, that's the problem with those matches, isn't it? The law of diminishing returns. That ladder match was about as good as you're going to see for a match like that. I did enjoy it, but I cringed a number of times. While I enjoy those types of matches on a visceral level, I think they're too dangerous and probably shouldn't be done. The participants have to constantly try and outdo what others have done before or risk being labelled as boring or unexciting. Edge claims (and I have no reason not to believe him) that the Ladder and TLC matches he did in WWE took years off his career. I'd rather see a guy like Ricochet or Velveteen Dream stay healthy and have a longer career.

Great match, but some of those spots were just so damn dangerous.

The ladder match was insane. The women's match was insane!

Both made my database for sure. Loved the story of Basler-Moon with the shoulder work, the popping it back in with the ring post, Eclipse to the floor and the choking out using the hair, because arm was dead. Fucking loved it.